www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:15 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Redfield10 wrote:
BondTrader wrote:
I have taken the Delta LAX-SJO flight bunches of times. The one that leaves around 11:00 pm and arrives around 7:00 a.m. I always stay at the SL and I've been using the same driver for years. Typically I arrive at the SL around 8:30 - 9:00 and I don't know whether it's just luck or what but on almost every occasion my room has been ready for me upon arrival. I think the most I ever had to wait was 2 hours so I've been fortunate. When I fly back to LAX I always catch the Sunday flight that leaves at 8:00 am. Zero traffic on Sunday's so we usually leave the SL between 5:45 - 6:00 and I'm there with plenty of time to spare. HUGE difference compared to leaving during the week as traffic can be Miserable. Also I typically fly Delta in Comfort Plus or Business Class when the fares are reasonable. That helps a lot going thru check-in and security etc. Lastly, I have to admit, compared to 10/15 years ago SJO has undergone very significant improvements.

Thanks for the info. I'm taking the 11:30 pm flight out of LAX on Tues., March 87and returning Thursday March 16 (on a weekday morning) at 8:00 AM so I'll have to leave early for the airport on Thursday. I like to arrive at the airport early so what time do you think I need to leave from the Castillo to arrive comfortably for my flight back to LAX? 4:30 AM?

I would suggest 5:00 a.m. That should avoid most of the early morning rush hour which by 6;00 am or a bit earlier can already be bumper to bumper. You'll have plenty of time to enjoy the various food spots at the airport and relax.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:03 am 

I have an Alaska Air dilemma now myself:

Delta (which I normally fly) prices from LAX - SJO have really sucked lately. Alaska Air and Copa seem reasonable.

There's an Alaska Air flight (non-stop) from SJO- LAX that leaves at 12: 30 a.m. I'll be staying at the SL.

Assuming check-out time is around Noon time would you:

1) Pay the extra roughly $100 to just stay and hang at the SL until around 8:30 p.m. before heading out to SJO
2) Check out of your room at Noon and find something else to do until nighttime and not pay for an extra night?

Ideas?

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:14 am 

BondTrader wrote:
I have an Alaska Air dilemma now myself:

Delta (which I normally fly) prices from LAX - SJO have really sucked lately. Alaska Air and Copa seem reasonable.

There's an Alaska Air flight (non-stop) from SJO- LAX that leaves at 12: 30 a.m. I'll be staying at the SL.

Assuming check-out time is around Noon time would you:

1) Pay the extra roughly $100 to just stay and hang at the SL until around 8:30 p.m. before heading out to SJO
2) Check out of your room at Noon and find something else to do until nighttime and not pay for an extra night?

Ideas?

Thanks

Take your time checking out, go to Monica's for a last shot, and go to the first class lounge at the airport and relax.