www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:12 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

I'm thinking of flying in March to San Jose with a weekend stay in Jaco. Probably around 10 days or so total..give or take. I've done some searching online, but can anyone tell me what has worked for them? Maybe a fly to LAX and an overnight stay there both coming on going to make it more tolerable?? Oh, and any problems getting a taxi and checking in at the Castillo even with a late arrival around 10 PM? There doesn't appear to be any decent fares from Phoenix and I wouldn't mind a Southwest flight for overnight from maybe LAX or somewhere if that makes more sense. Thanks for the help!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:27 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Southwest airlines will take you thru Houston Hobby as a connection, I did this my 1st trip on miles with SW and for me personally its not the best route very long travel time from Ohio, but when flying free you take what you can get.

Although from PHX to Houston that's probably not a bad route for you, however I never find any deals going to SJO on their website hope you have better luck.

LAX has been mentioned before on this board and I recall there was direct flights on Alaska and Delta.

The Orange Airport Taxi will be available as you exit the airport and no problems checking in at Castillo.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:09 pm 

TF74 wrote:
Southwest airlines will take you thru Houston Hobby as a connection, I did this my 1st trip on miles with SW and for me personally its not the best route very long travel time from Ohio, but when flying free you take what you can get.

Although from PHX to Houston that's probably not a bad route for you, however I never find any deals going to SJO on their website hope you have better luck.

LAX has been mentioned before on this board and I recall there was direct flights on Alaska and Delta.

The Orange Airport Taxi will be available as you exit the airport and no problems checking in at Castillo.

Thanks for the info. I actually looked into Houston as a connection from Phoenix before my non stop flight to San Jose but the cost of the airlines from Houston to SJO is too much. as long as there's no problem with checking into the Castillo late, I might do the non stop from LAX and just stay overnight near the airport there each way before catching a Southwest flight back to Phoenix.

Another question, is it fairly easy to get a ride from the Castillo to the airport for an early morning flight back to LAX? If so, approximately how far in advance of the flight (let's say an 8:00 flight) should one leave from the Castillo to be safe and have plenty of time? Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:57 pm 

Redfield10 wrote:
TF74 wrote:

Thanks for the info. I actually looked into Houston as a connection from Phoenix before my non stop flight to San Jose but the cost of the airlines from Houston to SJO is too much. as long as there's no problem with checking into the Castillo late, I might do the non stop from LAX and just stay overnight near the airport there each way before catching a Southwest flight back to Phoenix.

Another question, is it fairly easy to get a ride from the Castillo to the airport for an early morning flight back to LAX? If so, approximately how far in advance of the flight (let's say an 8:00 flight) should one leave from the Castillo to be safe and have plenty of time? Thanks in advance.

If you are staying at the Castillo for at least four nights they will pay for your fare to SJO just tell them when your flight is & when you wanna be there and they'll book your ride.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:38 pm 

Cool...and no issues with an early flight? How far in advance does one need to be at the airport for an early (6:00 or 8:00 flight and how long does it take to get to the airport from Castillo? Thx!

[/quote]

Another question, is it fairly easy to get a ride from the Castillo to the airport for an early morning flight back to LAX? If so, approximately how far in advance of the flight (let's say an 8:00 flight) should one leave from the Castillo to be safe and have plenty of time? Thanks in advance.[/quote]

If you are staying at the Castillo for at least four nights they will pay for your fare to SJO just tell them when your flight is & when you wanna be there and they'll book your ride.[/quote]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:38 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

For a 6am flight out of SJO, drive to airport from Castillo should only be 20-25 minutes. Best to call and speak with the manager Darren to see if Castillo staff can provide ride at 3:30-4am or whatever time you think you need to leave Castillo in order to check in at SJO.
For a 8am flight out of SJO, drive to airport from Castillo should still only be 20-25 minutes. Again best to call and speak with manager Darren to see if Castillo staff can provide ride at 5:30-6am or whatever time you think you need to leave Castillo in order to check in at SJO.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:27 pm 

Trimologist wrote:
For a 6am flight out of SJO, drive to airport from Castillo should only be 20-25 minutes. Best to call and speak with the manager Darren to see if Castillo staff can provide ride at 3:30-4am or whatever time you think you need to leave Castillo in order to check in at SJO.
For a 8am flight out of SJO, drive to airport from Castillo should still only be 20-25 minutes. Again best to call and speak with manager Darren to see if Castillo staff can provide ride at 5:30-6am or whatever time you think you need to leave Castillo in order to check in at SJO.

Thank you,