www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Movistar/ Mi Liberty?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:42 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Has anyone had problems with them recently? I added $8 to my balance on 5 Oct and I went online to check it and they say I have an invalid phone number and they won’t let me add more.

Oddly, the app knows my name and I have an account with a 0 balance.

Does this mean a trip to the store to sort out?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:53 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

For some reason I was locked out of my account probably about a year ago. I went to the support link within the app and sent them a message in English since my Spanish is muy pocito. Within an hour my account was unlocked and everything has been fine since. My guess is they have someone who is fluent captures the English messages and tends to them. Might want to give it a shot.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:49 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Kojo96 wrote:
For some reason I was locked out of my account probably about a year ago. I went to the support link within the app and sent them a message in English since my Spanish is muy pocito. Within an hour my account was unlocked and everything has been fine since. My guess is they have someone who is fluent captures the English messages and tends to them. Might want to give it a shot.

You sent them a message how? When I went to the app, it wanted to launch Facebook Messenger. I don’t have that, but I did send an inquiry via WhatsApp. They only spoke Spanish and said somebody canceled my account. They escalated it, and I have to wait 48 hours.

The funny thing is they asked me if I canceled it. I said, “no, I wouldn’t pay $8 to my balance to cancel it.”

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:17 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Just looked at the app and it seems it has changed. I know you used to be able to send a message for support. Now all I can see is the whatsapp option you mentioned. Hopefully this will fix the problem. Also next time you are in town you can always go to the big store near central ave and the last time I was there they seemed to have a couple of agents who spoke English.