www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:38 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

There's a post in the "Working, Investing, Retiring" section from a while back about how the regulations have changed and now instead of just having to pay into the medical part of Tico social security, expats will also have to pay into the pension part.

Of course CAJA assessments are expected to go up.

I was wondering if anyone has recently gotten an assessment, or heard reliable information about one. I know it varies by income, so I'm trying to get the range of what people are paying now.

My understanding is that it's done on a case by case basis, and there's not a published rate schedule. If I'm wrong about that, please correct me.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:01 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Bookie wrote:
There's a post in the "Working, Investing, Retiring" section from a while back about how the regulations have changed and now instead of just having to pay into the medical part of Tico social security, expats will also have to pay into the pension part.

Of course CAJA assessments are expected to go up.

I was wondering if anyone has recently gotten an assessment, or heard reliable information about one. I know it varies by income, so I'm trying to get the range of what people are paying now.

My understanding is that it's done on a case by case basis, and there's not a published rate schedule. If I'm wrong about that, please correct me.

My understanding is that it is calculated based on income, based on some sort of formula. Which now, apparently, has changed. But I have no firsthand knowledge, just some research I did a while back, and I don't have the source info.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:24 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

I met with a ARCR lawyer in July to discuss residency & he quoted me 290.00 per month on 2700 social security benefits & I am 65. He said it was done by a formula.