www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pseudoephedrine
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:38 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Are there any concerns about bringing this in or taking it out? It's over the counter in most states and used for runny nose. But it's prescription only in some states because it can be used as a meth precursor. I just want to avoid any problems.

Post subject: Re: Pseudoephedrine
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:19 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Probably not worth the risk to travel with it. Why take the chance for a secondary inspection.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:55 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

productofprimes wrote:
Are there any concerns about bringing this in or taking it out? It's over the counter in most states and used for runny nose. But it's prescription only in some states because it can be used as a meth precursor. I just want to avoid any problems.

TSA isn't looking in your luggage for psuedoephedrine. They don't care about that. Its fine to travel with it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:32 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

CR might even have it but they have alternatives.

https://pillintrip.com/search_analog_su ... costa-rica

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:23 pm 

Netgems wrote:

That "alternative" is simply ibuprophen.

Pseudoefedrina is only available in combination with other ingredients in CR. You can buy TALERDIN D or ALERCET D (CETIRIZINA PSEUDOEFEDRINA) or TALORAT D (LORATADINA PSEUDOEFEDRINA) or GRIPADEX (CLORFENIRAMINA-ACETAMINOFÉN-PSEUDOEFEDRINA).
Cetirizina = Zyrtec, Loratadina = Claratin, Clorfeniramina=Actifed, Clor-Trimeton.

Gripadex is only available as a syrup so you have to buy a whole bottle. The others are in pill form, so you can purchase a single pill (suelto) or the box (caja). Available at Clinica Biblica or some FISHEL locations. Also available online but the websites are in Spanish.

Expect to pay between c30mil and c50mil per box of 50.

Bring a bottle of Afrin from the US, it is cheaper and non-prescription everywhere. If you are really just looking for a party-favor stimulant, I hear there are other alternatives to be found.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:39 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Cool. Thank you. Good info. It's probably not worth it, but it's a staple for business travel when you need presentation to be on. I'll stick to just the Excedrin and assume aspirin is wildly available.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:56 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

I take these type of pills with me I buy the knockoff Dollar store Nasal decongestant and also take with me lots of other various pills in my toiletry bag you'll be fine.

I have never seen a secondary inspection in Costa Rica when putting bags on the X-ray belt and most of time the Tico working the screen is not even paying attention

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:21 pm 

Location: Sex Felony State (most other places p4p is just another day!)
productofprimes wrote:
Cool. Thank you. Good info. It's probably not worth it, but it's a staple for business travel when you need presentation to be on. I'll stick to just the Excedrin and assume aspirin is wildly available.

Bring the Sudafed! Unless a scheduled control drug how can they hassle you? Bring the meds that work best. Maybe you can have your Dr. write an Rx for it?

I don't see it listed here:

https://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/sche ... _alpha.pdf

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:31 pm 

productofprimes wrote:

You planning to show the putas a powerpoint in negotiations?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:34 am 

First off I always travel with generic Sudafed as it does wonders to alleviate the congestion I always get in the tropics from allergies. I have never been hassled.

That said, be very careful when bringing ANY drugs into a foreign country. Research their laws before you go. And if in doubt, research where you can buy whatever you need locally. If it is something essential for you health and would be unavailable or difficult to get where you are going carry the prescription AND a note from your doctor stating that the drugs are required for your health.

The last thing you want to have happen is to start your vacation in one of those little back rooms in immigration. Laws in a lot of countries don't make much sense and I believe a lot of them are just there to hassle tourists and generate revenue from non-citizens. In Thailand you can be fined up to $3000 and do some jail time if you get caught with an e-cigarette. The law is seldom enforced against Thais but westerners have had to pay up at immigration and out on the street.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:28 am 

productofprimes wrote:

You said it yourself...why on earth would you want to take it with you. Lots of meds available in CR that work for runny nose, and why take a chance?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:23 pm 

Boynton wrote:
Netgems wrote:

That "alternative" is simply ibuprophen.

Pseudoefedrina is only available in combination with other ingredients in CR. You can buy TALERDIN D or ALERCET D (CETIRIZINA PSEUDOEFEDRINA) or TALORAT D (LORATADINA PSEUDOEFEDRINA) or GRIPADEX (CLORFENIRAMINA-ACETAMINOFÉN-PSEUDOEFEDRINA).
Cetirizina = Zyrtec, Loratadina = Claratin, Clorfeniramina=Actifed, Clor-Trimeton.

Gripadex is only available as a syrup so you have to buy a whole bottle. The others are in pill form, so you can purchase a single pill (suelto) or the box (caja). Available at Clinica Biblica or some FISHEL locations. Also available online but the websites are in Spanish.

Expect to pay between c30mil and c50mil per box of 50.

Bring a bottle of Afrin from the US, it is cheaper and non-prescription everywhere. If you are really just looking for a party-favor stimulant, I hear there are other alternatives to be found.

This is Costa Rica, you get what they give you.

You want Dom Perignon with your fried chicken, beans and rice and fried bananas? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:37 am 

[That "alternative" is simply ibuprophen.]

Maybe mixed with pseudo to work around pseudo only drugs? And then harder if not impossible to melt down pseudo+an NSAID to make meth...

Think can still get Soma (Carisoprodol) in C.R. OTC.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:41 am 

Puro Party wrote:
[That "alternative" is simply ibuprophen.]

Maybe mixed with pseudo to work around pseudo only drugs? And then harder if not impossible to melt down pseudo+an NSAID to make meth...

Think can still get Soma (Carisoprodol) in C.R. OTC.

The item in NG's link is Ibuprofeno Genfar and only has one ingredient, Ibuprofen.

You can still get Carisoprodol under various names. You can also get Tiocolchicosido which I find more effective for muscle spasms. Neither of which will help a runny or stuffy nose. Oddly enough, you won't find Breath-rite strips and Afrin is twice the price as in the US.

Post subject: Antibioticos
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:58 am 

I visited Perez Zeledon (San Isidro El General) some years ago and purchased some antibiotics. Was super expensive for just 5 pills. I think they fleeced me but I needed them.