www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:22 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Just saw a WSJ article stating that the required Covid testing to return to the U.S. has been halted.

Also said they will revisit the requirement in 90 days to see if it’s necessary again.

One less thing to worry about…

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:26 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Nice to see but this decision Is about a year late

Considering you can just swim across the Rio Grande get a free cell phone then perhaps a free flight or bus ride to an unknown USA city :idea: … maybe our own neighborhood who knows at this point and all while never ever be tested for Covid.

Now rumor is Maria has had many cousin’s make the journey to the promise land successfully :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:05 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/06/10/poli ... index.html

So glad this done. A lot of freaking people are going to be pissed with how much money they are not going to make. Party is over.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:52 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

I still carry a mask around in my pocket every day. "Never forget!" What some politicians tried to do to us. If they had their choice, we'd still be remote learning our K*ds, locked down and wearing masks.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:55 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

So does this mean we are finally pack to pre-covid travel processes? No testing either way? No insurance, etc?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:27 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Back to normal, at least for a while though I would not be surprised to see our government over-react at any hint of possible contagion. Maybe Monkeypox :lol:

That said, I have always gotten travel insurance and will continue to do so. The policy I got from Trawick International covers up to 50K in medical (I know that's not too much) and all of my costs for trip cancelation. It will also evacuate me (or repatriate my dead ass). It also covers up to 2K for room and board if I get stuck in CR do to covid or any other cancelation. And given all of the issues with airlines nowadays there are also payments for trip delays over 12 hours.

The price of the policy was only $45 for 10 days in CR. Well worth it for a little peace of mind.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:51 pm 

Was just in Punta Cana. Hardly any masking, tons of idiots coughing and hacking their lungs out at the airport and the resort.

I could care less about what pandemic deniers think, I still mask up when travelling. Haven't gotten COVID or a cold in years.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:26 pm 

Not a pandemic denier just dont trust the US government to tell us the truth. But unless you are sporting a surgical grade n95 mask or better it's probably not going to do much good at all against a virus. And I wore one of those early during the pandemic and if they don't have the air vent and filter it is very difficult to breathe through them. Had to give up the vented ones as they were not good enough for air travel.

I am triple vaxed with Pfizer and will get my fourth along with the flu shot just before I head to Thailand in early October. I always comply with whatever the local masking / distancing rule or customs are but I take every opportunity not to wear a mask.

I've made a dozen or so trips since things have opened up and thankfully haven't caught anything but some intestinal distress in Boca Chica. Personally I believe people should do what they are comfortable with and if that is always masking up in public then go for it. Hopefully they aren't bullshitting us saying the symptoms are minimal if you are vaxed.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:16 pm 

Harddrive43228 wrote:
Not a pandemic denier just dont trust the US government to tell us the truth. But unless you are sporting a surgical grade n95 mask or better it's probably not going to do much good at all against a virus.

I understand where you're coming from, it's just that there are so many maskholes and pandemic deniers out there it gets frustrating to see how so many people can't be bothered to take a simple and logical health measure.

One point I (sometimes :shock: ) try to explain to people who say "Masks are useless" is that masking helps with risk MITIGATION, not with risk ELIMINATION. That's why surgeons wear them - to mitigate the patient's infection risk. As you alluded to above, no mask will eliminate 100% the potential to get infected with (or transmit) a virus. However, a decent surgical grade mask will reduce your risk of getting infected by the simple expedient of reducing the probability of a virus-laden droplet getting to your mouth or nose, or reducing that droplets spread once it comes out of your mouth/nose. I'll take that any day of the week and twice on Sundays versus possibly getting Covid (or the flu) and worse, infecting someone else who may already have serious health complications.

Quote:
And I wore one of those early during the pandemic and if they don't have the air vent and filter it is very difficult to breathe through them. Had to give up the vented ones as they were not good enough for air travel.

That's unfortunate. I've worn every single type of KN95, N95 and surgical mask out there. Never had an issue breathing, but that's me. My main discomfort is the loops rubbing behind the ears after wearing it for 8+ hours. I solved that by getting the kind that has the dual loops that fit behind your head.

Quote:
I am triple vaxed with Pfizer and will get my fourth along with the flu shot just before I head to Thailand in early October. I always comply with whatever the local masking / distancing rule or customs are

With you there 10000%.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:40 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Now that masking on airplanes is completely optional, N95 masks with ventilators are OK. I've started wearing one during boarding and getting off the plane. I take it off after the plane gets into the air and the HEPA filters really get going.