www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 9:22 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Haywood Jablommi wrote:
The antigen test you are all describing is the shallower nasal swab and not the brain scraping one from the early days of the pandemic, correct?and

Yes, and see above post from Sr. Kwadd. I have done Clinic Biblica which was good .
What an incredibly stupid requirement when we don’t need masks on planes now.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 9:57 pm 

Jawanker wrote:
Haywood Jablommi wrote:
The antigen test you are all describing is the shallower nasal swab and not the brain scraping one from the early days of the pandemic, correct?and

Yes, and see above post from Sr. Kwadd. I have done Clinic Biblica which was good .

For years you have been required to wear seatbelts on a plane whenever they turn a little light on. It makes no sense yet we all do it and nobody complains or bitches about it.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 11:05 pm 

Boynton wrote:
Jawanker wrote:
Haywood Jablommi wrote:

For years you have been required to wear seatbelts on a plane whenever they turn a little light on. It makes no sense yet we all do it and nobody complains or bitches about it.

Seatbelts on a plane
Might save you from bonking your head during turbulence. If the plane flies into a mountain , maybe not.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 12:04 am 

Jawanker wrote:
Boynton wrote:

Seatbelts on a plane
Might save you from bonking your head during turbulence. If the plane flies into a mountain , maybe not.

The seatbelts immobilize you so the snakes have an easier time getting to you.

Maybe not? :shock: Like that is even a possibility if your plane flies into a mountain. Get back to realistic, legitimate manly concerns like brain scraping Q-Tips. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Enjoy your Yellowstone Staycation.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 10:43 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

I made an appointment with the clinic for this Sunday afternoon. Since they have drive through testing available one of the drivers at the Sportsman’s said he would run me over there, do the testing from his car, and run me back for 10 bucks which seemed like a good deal. I’ll let you guys know how it turns out

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 11:29 am 

Rainman wrote:
I made an appointment with the clinic for this Sunday afternoon. Since they have drive through testing available one of the drivers at the Sportsman’s said he would run me over there, do the testing from his car, and run me back for 10 bucks which seemed like a good deal. I’ll let you guys know how it turns out

Uber there and back would cost you about c1,500 ($5 round trip) so $10 is worth the convenience of not having to wait for the Uber to arrive.

For future reference, see if someone will point out the elevators. From the parking garage there is tunnel beneath Av 16 that will take you to the hospital (so no rain getting in or out of transport). On the ground floor there are 24x7x365 hospital services (pharmacy, emergency room, labs, x-ray, even a Cafe Britt). You can get any meds (especially prescriptions you may left back home). Medical supplies (Diabetes test strips, Distilled water for CPAP, Sports bandages). Emergency room is a good place to address minor injuries from sprains to broken limbs. All the signage is in English and Spanish.

Just south of the parking garage is Las Margaritas (Strip Club / Pension)

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 12:07 pm 

I will look for those elevators, good info to have.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 3:32 pm 

Well, just got my negative test results back so I’m cleared to leave.
Testing was very quick, in and out in just a few minutes, only one other person other than myself was there to be tested. Cost was 34 bucks and the results were emailed to me in a couple of hours.

The hardest part of the trip was my driver had to deal with all the roadblocks because of the newly elected president’s speech today, it was crazy, I actually got to see his motorcade go by :lol:

Quick trip report. Stayed at the Lodge and it seems almost just like it was before the pandemic, it was really great to be back and see everyone again.

The Del Rey is literally a work in progress trying to come back. If they do complete everything by the end of the month it should be pretty nice and hopefully it will start to pick up more and more after that.

Right now the Taormina is the hottest place, there was a pretty good crowd there every night with quite a few cute Ticas in my opinion. :lol: