www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:30 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Anybody have an exceptionally good experience with a CR immigration lawyer? Someone who got something about your situation that might make the hoops hard to clear but helped you work it out?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:58 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

I would trust Lilly with immigration. A CRT Sponsor and best bartender ever when she was putting herself through school. She knows all the Embassy staff and immigration is one of her specialties.

https://costaricaticas.com/get-residency-in-costa-rica/

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:09 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

LocoGringo wrote:
I would trust Lilly with immigration. A CRT Sponsor and best bartender ever when she was putting herself through school. She knows all the Embassy staff and immigration is one of her specialties.

https://costaricaticas.com/get-residency-in-costa-rica/

Thanks, I submitted my info to her, now waiting on a response.

I'm working on my permanent residency, I contacted one well known residency law group here, they want a fortune, well over $600, as did a law group who took care of my second temp residency for $250, and I don't see that much more work, I'm considering doing it myself since I have plenty of time. Other ones I contacted give the usual Tico shuffle, not answering emails, can't speak English that well, giving misinformation, the usual b.s.

There's a non lawyer named "David" advertising $250 in conjunction with some law firm but he emailed me and said it would be "easier" and "faster" if I avoid the law firm and just use him because he's "the expert" the law firm relies on, and for $180, he will come to my house and take "cash" and then take care of it. Avoid this one if you come across him... :evil:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:50 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Just stay CLEAR of LAURA Gutierrez as she is VERY EXPENSIVE & does NOT provide the SERVICE that she represents "She is a FRAUD" & will drag the PROCESS out for TWO YEARS Blaming Everyone & Everything & you will still be WAITING going into the THIRD YEAR

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:08 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

DManWalking wrote:
Just stay CLEAR of LAURA Gutierrez as she is VERY EXPENSIVE & does NOT provide the SERVICE that she represents "She is a FRAUD" & will drag the PROCESS out for TWO YEARS Blaming Everyone & Everything & you will still be WAITING going into the THIRD YEAR

Totally agree with DMan … she has no clue what she is doing and charges a fortune. Stay clear of her.

Woozo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:03 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

I have no experience with an immigration lawyer personally, but I watch you tube channels relating to costa rica. This site has a pretty good following for information relating to costa rica. They generally interview people who offer various services or have an experience to share. I watched an interview of someone who assists people in obtaining residency in Costa Rica. They are not lawyers. Here is the you tube interview. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr-P37U_7ts

this is their web site. https://www.crie.cr/en/

I'm sure Lilly the CRT sponsor is fine too, just another option to consider.