www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:22 am 
Site Admin

No April fool, the only things you need for travel to Costa Rica are a passport and a return ticket home. A wallet full of cash is still recommended. But, you can keep that vaccination card in your wallet because you won’t need it in Costa Rica. Travel insurance policies are optional.

It has been a long two years, and the Del Rey is open again.

You still need a Covid-19 test for return to the United States.

https://costaricaticas.com/full-reopening-us-tourists/

https://www.visitcostarica.com/en/costa ... quirements

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... elers.html

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:33 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Do we need a Health Pass to get into other bars/restaurants??? I thought I read somewhere that they aren't checking at customs for the Health Pass, but it still may be needed to get into other places in Costa Rica.

I was possibly gonna get a health pass just in case, especially since its Free. But I won't get one if it isn't needed at all.

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:35 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Going to book now! Thanks for the news!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:38 am 

chironelly wrote:
Do we need a Health Pass to get into other bars/restaurants??? I thought I read somewhere that they aren't checking at customs for the Health Pass, but it still may be needed to get into other places in Costa Rica.

I was possibly gonna get a health pass just in case, especially since its Free. But I won't get one if it isn't needed at all.

Thanks

Not required per that first link, not sure of primary source

Pura Vida

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:47 pm 
Site Admin

Costa Rica Tourism Board (ICT) updated visitcostarica.com its website today. The previous version had been poorly organized and translated into English.

Also, with respect to credibility, the visitcostarica.com is the official page of ICT, which is a Costa Rica government agency responsible for promoting tourism. The website is also referenced by the Embassy of Costa Rica in Washington DC.

http://www.costarica-embassy.org/index.php?q=node/158

Below is the update in it's entirety. However, if you like I can translate it more succinctly as, This Shit is Done.

Important update (April 1-2022)*

Starting April 1, the temporary immigration measures for entering Costa Rica – put in place due to the COVID-19 pandemic – are repealed. This eliminates the requirement to complete the epidemiological form known as the Health Pass and the requirement of medical insurance for unvaccinated foreigners.

All commercial establishments, activities, and events can operate at 100% capacity.

Costa Rica maintains the requirement for the mandatory use of masks, the protocol for washing hands and taking temperatures, as well as compliance with health protocols for each tourist activity.

Tourists can verify if they require a visa to enter Costa Rica using the following link https://migracion.go.cr/Paginas/Visas.aspx.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:09 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

On the ground the mask mandate is basically wear your mask when entering the door of any bar or restaurant, and then take it off after you pass the guard.

The government that imposed the mask mandate lost in the elections by a landslide. They are a bunch of lame ducks that failed to even win 3 percent of the vote.

Right now enthusiasm for any kind of government and enforcement is zero. Everyone in power has either left, is looking for a new job or contemplating being unemployed for a long time.

There is a runoff election on April 3rd, and the party that is more likely to win is promising to downsize government, stimulate jobs and eliminate bureaucratic red tape.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_De ... ress_Party

The party of the current government is locked out of the runoff because they came in 7th place in the general election.

In 2012, this was sort of their view of what "Costa Risa" has become. Clearly the problem is government and taxes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWgbB7IvVV0

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:48 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Ulysses wrote:
On the ground the mask mandate is basically wear your mask when entering the door of any bar or restaurant, and then take it off after you pass the guard.

The government that imposed the mask mandate lost in the elections by a landslide. They are a bunch of lame ducks that failed to even win 3 percent of the vote.

Right now enthusiasm for any kind of government and enforcement is zero. Everyone in power has either left, is looking for a new job or contemplating being unemployed for a long time.

There is a runoff election on April 3rd, and the party that is more likely to win is promising to downsize government, stimulate jobs and eliminate bureaucratic red tape.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_De ... ress_Party

The party of the current government is locked out of the runoff because they came in 7th place in the general election.

In 2012, this was sort of their view of what "Costa Risa" has become. Clearly the problem is government and taxes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWgbB7IvVV0

1. The indoor mask mandate is in force if not enforced. It is expected to be eliminated before the current administration leaves on May 8.
2. When official opinion polling ended last week, Figureres and the PLN were ahead Chaves and the PPSD. Of course 4 years ago Carlos Alvarado was a surprise winner over Fabricio Alvarado. Voter absenteeism is expected to be high. I am not a citizen, so I cannot vote. Chaves is my preferred candidate but most Ticos I know lean toward Figgy. Chaves' wife is way hotter.
3. Regardless of which candidate wins, there will be minimal impact on the hobby.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:23 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Boynton wrote:
1. The indoor mask mandate is in force if not enforced. It is expected to be eliminated before the current administration leaves on May 8.
2. When official opinion polling ended last week, Figureres and the PLN were ahead Chaves and the PPSD. Of course 4 years ago Carlos Alvarado was a surprise winner over Fabricio Alvarado. Voter absenteeism is expected to be high. I am not a citizen, so I cannot vote. Chaves is my preferred candidate but most Ticos I know lean toward Figgy. Chaves' wife is way hotter.
3. Regardless of which candidate wins, there will be minimal impact on the hobby.

I think you may be right about Figueres. Nothing succeeds like success, and last time Figueres was president the country was an exciting place with good things in its future.

Figueres brought Intel to Heredia, and installed the first 400,000 digital GSM cell phone lines in Costa Rica. So what if he took a multi-million dollar kick back and had to hide in Spain to wait out the heat.

The point however, is that the current government is as lame a duck can be. They don't even get a chance in the run off election on Sunday.

The mask mandate has come to feel as popular as the current government. No one is going to be sad to see the Covid president go away along with the masks, the QR codes, capacity controls, traffic restrictions, and assorted bullshit.

If only the double digit unemployment, rampant corruption, price inflation and half the workforce in the informal economy were so easy to get rid of as well.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:41 am 

This is a huge mistake, they will be bringing it all back within a month.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:25 am 

Ulysses wrote:
Boynton wrote:

I think you may be right about Figueres. Nothing succeeds like success, and last time Figueres was president the country was an exciting place with good things in its future.

Figueres brought Intel to Heredia, and installed the first 400,000 digital GSM cell phone lines in Costa Rica. So what if he took a multi-million dollar kick back and had to hide in Spain to wait out the heat.

The point however, is that the current government is as lame a duck can be. They don't even get a chance in the run off election on Sunday.

The mask mandate has come to feel as popular as the current government. No one is going to be sad to see the Covid president go away along with the masks, the QR codes, capacity controls, traffic restrictions, and assorted bullshit.

If only the double digit unemployment, rampant corruption, price inflation and half the workforce in the informal economy were so easy to get rid of as well.

This is and will continue to be a global trend. Expect incumbents to fall in Argentina, Brasil, Colombia, Mexico, France, the UK, Canada, etc. Some might remain, but most will go. On to the next crisis.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:25 am 

Rolleratnight wrote:
Going to book now! Thanks for the news!

Whilst booking my ticket, S**t Airlines kept the transaction from processing, forcing me to restart the process again with a $40 fare increase. So far, this $40 increase is sticking.

I am wondering if this change in policy had that effect on ticket prices.

In other news, the banner of S**t Airlines’ website said it is merging with Frontier Airlines. I always had good experiences with Frontier.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:53 pm 

So has the Sportsmens stopped checking vaccine status too as of April first? I am not vaxxed and not getting vaxxed, planning a June trip.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 4:07 pm 
Site Admin

Haywood Jablommi wrote:
So has the Sportsmens stopped checking vaccine status too as of April first? I am not vaxxed and not getting vaxxed, planning a June trip.

I just spoke personally with the manager of the Sportsmens Lodge. He confirmed that proof of vaccination in NOT required to visit the bar/restaurant or stay in the hotel. They are operating at 100 percent capacity.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 4:17 pm 

Cheers. Great news.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:11 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Excellent news! Thanks for the update. Booking soon. Pura Vida!

• Have Fun!
  • No Drama!!