www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:04 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

I spoke to one of the old bartenders and she said that the bar stays open to 12. If you stay there it is open 24 hours but the girls need to leave at midnight unless you have her registered, which likely means you have paid the $20 elevator fee for here to stay. Not sure how that works as far as 24/7 if only the hotel guests staying can drink after midnight.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:10 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Whitecat wrote:
Wingnut wrote:
Is there A ELEVATOR TAX If so how much?
Thanks for your reply

20 bucks!

Damn! I think you said you get some of your girls for about that... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:47 pm 

Netgems wrote:
Whitecat wrote:
Wingnut wrote:
Is there A ELEVATOR TAX If so how much?
Thanks for your reply

20 bucks!

Damn! I think you said you get some of your girls for about that... :mrgreen:

Speaking of the HDR and 20 bucks
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13330

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:40 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

RockinRob1 wrote:
I spoke to one of the old bartenders and she said that the bar stays open to 12. If you stay there it is open 24 hours but the girls need to leave at midnight unless you have her registered, which likely means you have paid the $20 elevator fee for here to stay. Not sure how that works as far as 24/7 if only the hotel guests staying can drink after midnight.

So much for going there way late around 2 or 3 am. In the old days this time was rocking!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:44 pm 

Well, rumors are rumors, but I spoke with a working girl who was at HDR Friday night.

She said she witnessed this, and yea, I know down here that means little more than nada...

Anyway, she said a fight broke out between a Tico and younger gringo, and the HDR guards tossed them both out, and they continued the fight on the sidewalk'

She didn't hang around to see the outcome, so no further report.

If true, definitely a fitting punctuation mark on their opening days... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:27 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

I am happy to see the BM reopened, I was in CR last week and passed by on my way to SL from the airport! Great news.. I miss the BM and Key Largo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:19 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Netgems wrote:
Well, rumors are rumors, but I spoke with a working girl who was at HDR Friday night.

She said she witnessed this, and yea, I know down here that means little more than nada...

Anyway, she said a fight broke out between a Tico and younger gringo, and the HDR guards tossed them both out, and they continued the fight on the sidewalk'

If true, definitely a fitting punctuation mark on their opening days... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

A Tico was tossed out but I didn't see why. He kept trying to get back in so he wound up tussling with security at the door who was trying to keep him out. This went on for about 15 minutes as other security guards came over to see what was going on then some gringo goes outside and starts to fight the guy then the gringo comes back in to a round of applause.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:17 pm 

T4place wrote:
Netgems wrote:

A Tico was tossed out but I didn't see why. He kept trying to get back in so he wound up tussling with security at the door who was trying to keep him out. This went on for about 15 minutes as other security guards came over to see what was going on then some gringo goes outside and starts to fight the guy then the gringo comes back in to a round of applause.

Sometime around 2019, a new security guard with an attitude wanted to check my backpack and fanny pack one time when I came in, back entrance by Blue Marlin. Sure, I said, I took off the back pack and let him rifle through it.

Then he wanted to check my fanny pack which I keep facing the front, perhaps I startled him because he just put down my backpack and I was opening it before he asked me a second time, so he whacked my knuckles with some little stick he had and said "Not until I say so!".

Ok, I know I'm old, but I'm 6 foot, 200 plus pounds, still go to the gym 3x a week, short fuse to say the least, especially when I'm touched and not by an approved ho, he's about 5'7'', maybe 160 pounds, I had him against the wall...then the other ones came, lol, out I go... :x :shock:

Next day I called the manager but before I explained what happened, I asked her to check my name and my friend's names who I brought down over the years and asked them are they intentionally trying to lose that revenue to SL, Castillo, whoever, and do they want me to broadcast this incident to everyone I know who comes there and announce what happened on CRT?? :shock:

Then I explained my beef, and since then, every time I've returned he wasn't there, coincidence? Who knows...lol... :twisted:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 3:00 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Are the hustlers outside or did DR manage to keep them at bay?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:47 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

So,,,,is HDR and the Blue Marlin back open again or what ? I am confused.....but will be down in a few nights to see for myself!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:58 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

GarotaLover wrote:
I am happy to see the BM reopened, I was in CR last week and passed by on my way to SL from the airport! Great news.. I miss the BM and Key Largo

SO it seems my question is answered......anyone with recent intel ?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:59 am 

jetjock71 wrote:
So,,,,is HDR and the Blue Marlin back open again or what ? I am confused.....but will be down in a few nights to see for myself!

Guess if you can't read you will have to see for yourself..

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:20 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Zeos wrote:
jetjock71 wrote:

Super helpful! Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:59 am 

jetjock71 wrote:
Zeos wrote:
jetjock71 wrote:

Super helpful! Thanks

Really. It was clear in this thread that it was open, and in 5 or 6 other threads. Now I admit I am wasting my time responding to this, but my point was that 30 seconds of reading would have answered your question. Yet you expect someone to take the time to answer your question for the 10th time. And these were not old posts, there were lots of recent posts.

You will find lots of folks here happy to help you with lots of things. But this is one that had been discussed ad naseum since early February with people that had been there, elevator fees to take chicas up to the rooms, etc. etc.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:25 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

It was alive and well a few nights ago......30 women and maybe 5 guys in the place.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next