www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:04 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

FYI. This will shorten lines but the healthpass is still required for establishments.

https://ticotimes.net/2022/01/31/travel ... ation-line

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:42 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

I'm not sure how much stock I would place in this article. I haven't seen any announcement of a change in immigration in the local press (CRHoy or La Nacion) or even QCostaRica. I entered CR on 20-January and Immigration checked my QR Code as usual.

Has anyone entered recently without immigration checking? There were several reports long lines.

I did see an article just released that the number of arrest at SJO of people trying to exit with bogus COVID tests jumped 80% in January over December. (People getting Omicron and trying to avoid quarantine?)
https://www.crhoy.com/nacionales/aument ... eropuerto/

Also there were delays today in flights departing SJO because water was cut to the Radar building and employees had to walk to other buildings to pee & shit. The central government neglected to pay the bill.
https://qcostarica.com/unpaid-water-bil ... antamaria/
:oops: :oops: :oops:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:11 am 

The checking of health pass and QR code is done at the exit airport in the US. DELTA is very stringent about this and once denied me entry because my health pass was not printed with my name. My experience has been that the QR checking at San Jose goes by very quickly. There is another reason for the long but whatever the staffing is insufficient. There are insufficient number of booth and some are empty. This is the last time I fly in the afternoon., that plus the heavy turbulence on arrival. Last time I waited two hours standing up.

Now that are also checking for Health Pass at the Club Sport. What nonsense !! I need a health to get into the country if the first place. Also if you need to pick up a CR card there your name and ID is insufficient you must also know your username.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:49 am 

I agree. At Liberia airport on 1/31, the immigration officer only asked where I was going as he stamped my passport. They are replying on airlines to verify docs before flying.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:43 am 

Hopefully this goes through. On my flight to SJO on Jan 22 it took three tries though different immigration lines before my QR code flashed green. I was getting incredibly pissed as it was taking forever but I told myself you don't want to lose your cool and end up in a little back room.

When it finally worked on the third try, I asked the agent what the problem was with the previous two attempts and he just shrugged his shoulders.

Even though I was staying at the SL, I had them verify my QR code with their scanning app. It was OK.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:41 pm 

Just FYI, may start lifting other restrictions fairly soon as well....

https://ticotimes.net/2022/02/21/costa- ... strictions

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:05 am 

Costa Rica Ending Driving Restrictions and Tourist Requirements

https://ticotimes.net/2022/02/23/costa- ... quirements

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:52 am 

Now if the USA would stop the Covid test requirement.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:08 am 

Harddrive43228 wrote:
Now if the USA would stop the Covid test requirement.

++++!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:20 pm 

Anybody else notice that the end to occupancy limits, QRCodes and vaccination requirements in CR is announced to happen April Fool's Day? coincidence? hmmmmm.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:59 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Still funny to see how many gringo branch covidians are walking around Costa Rica.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:34 pm 

HankChinaski wrote:
Still funny to see how many gringo branch covidians are walking around Costa Rica.

It's called respect. Respect the country and people of the country where you are a visitor. The absolute least you can do is respect the mask rules. It is something that is so easy to do, and such a small thing. I personally don't think there is any need for a mask outdoors, but I will wear one in crowded areas because I see all the locals wearing them, and assume those are the rules or at least what they are doing voluntarily.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:55 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Zeos wrote:
HankChinaski wrote:

It's called respect. Respect the country and people of the country where you are a visitor. The absolute least you can do is respect the mask rules. It is something that is so easy to do, and such a small thing. I personally don't think there is any need for a mask outdoors, but I will wear one in crowded areas because I see all the locals wearing them, and assume those are the rules or at least what they are doing voluntarily.

There is no mask rule outside.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:34 pm 

HankChinaski wrote:
Zeos wrote:
HankChinaski wrote:

There is no mask rule outside.

Masks are required outside at bus stops and outdoor event venues (concerts [coldplay], sporting events [CRvsCanada soccer, CRvsUSA soccer]). This requirement ends April Fools Day.

Also, the Health Pass is also required to enter CR until then and if you do not have proof of vaccination you have to have approved health insurance (hospitalization & quarantine) for the ENTIRE length of your stay. For example, you enter March 31 for 15 days without vaccination, your health insurance must run until April 14.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:35 pm 

Quote:
Also, the Health Pass is also required to enter CR until then and if you do not have proof of vaccination you have to have approved health insurance (hospitalization & quarantine) for the ENTIRE length of your stay. For example, you enter March 31 for 15 days without vaccination, your health insurance must run until April 14.
[/quote]

So, just to be sure I am ready to return. I am landing @ sjo on April 1st. & I have been vaccinated. Therefore, there is nothing I need to do re: insurance or an online health pass? Just like the old days, an airline ticket & a hotel reservation is all I really need?