www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:34 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

I went around 6pm…I am vaccinated, here’s what happened…the app that security was using wouldn’t read a picture of my Q code on my Health Pass (I entered CR on October 27, 2021)..a chica showed me her Costa Rican Q code and the app read that no problem…so there may be a bug reading Health Pass Q codes for foreigners from their phones…I may go to Office Depot or where ever and printout a physical copy of my Q code and see if that works…I showed a photo of my CDC Vax card from the States, I was told, nope that’s not good enough…so to enter, I showed a physical copy of my Vax card…it’s been in my wallet for a little while and it’s gotten a little tattered which is my fault…so right now for me, the only thing that worked, was the actual physical official Vax Card…maybe the Q code picture/file on my phone isn’t working correctly due to something on my end. Just wanted to let you guys know my experience, maybe mine was unique but that’s what happened. Can we update this post as to others’ experiences…I won’t be back to SL until the weekend. When I do go, I will update it also.
Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:34 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Good information. Thanks for keeping us updated. I’m arriving Tuesday and will make sure to have my physical vaccination card with me.

A possibility is the date your QR code was generated was October and before they worked out how to implement the scanning to include vaccination status. QR codes generated more recently may have this information imbedded – just a guess

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:05 am 

bulldog10 wrote:
Good information. Thanks for keeping us updated. I’m arriving Tuesday and will make sure to have my physical vaccination card with me.

A possibility is the date your QR code was generated was October and before they worked out how to implement the scanning to include vaccination status. QR codes generated more recently may have this information imbedded – just a guess

You might be right regarding the age of my Q Code

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:48 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

bfpsu12 wrote:
bulldog10 wrote:

They had announced that at some point in the past... I think that only the QR codes issued with health passes after November 20 thereabouts will work for that. But you can, I think, obtain an updated QR code, not sure how. Or just use the card.

But supposedly all the health pass QRs generated after sometime in late November should work. What I never did hear though was whether the QR codes issued to non-vaccinated tourists would work.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:36 am 

Zeos wrote:
bfpsu12 wrote:
bulldog10 wrote:

They had announced that at some point in the past... I think that only the QR codes issued with health passes after November 20 thereabouts will work for that. But you can, I think, obtain an updated QR code, not sure how. Or just use the card.

But supposedly all the health pass QRs generated after sometime in late November should work. What I never did hear though was whether the QR codes issued to non-vaccinated tourists would work.

You can go back to the Pase de Salud web site and select "Edit" and it will reproduce the code. I last entered CR in August. I did this on 1-December, but have not gone to the SL to check the new code.

I also have full CCSS vaccination, but the Tico web site still will not give me the Tico code and I haven't physically gone to the Ministry of Health to resolve the problem.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:40 pm 

[quote="Boynton"

You can go back to the Pase de Salud web site and select "Edit" and it will reproduce the code. I last entered CR in August. I did this on 1-December, but have not gone to the SL to check the new code.

I also have full CCSS vaccination, but the Tico web site still will not give me the Tico code and I haven't physically gone to the Ministry of Health to resolve the problem.[/quote]

Boyton, thanks for the info regarding editing the Health Pass…I just did it and saved it on my phone. Let me see in the next few days if this works and I will let everyone know.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:54 pm 

I went to the SL around lunchtime…I edited my Health Pass as Boyton suggested but the app they are using still won’t read/accept my Q code from my Health Pass…the front desk told me that the app is only reading Q codes administered by the Health Minister here (people who have been vaccinated in Costa Rica)…the front desk told me there is some confusion right now as my Health Pass should be proof enough, as I said I entered CR in October. So for now, I show my physical vaccination card from the States…they won’t accept pictures of it. Tomorrow I am going to Office Depot to get a plastic case for it because my vax card is a little worn which is my fault. I thought pictures of the card or my Q code would suffice. I even got my vaccination record in PDF form from CVS Pharmacy in the States saved on my phone and a Q code from them and that wasn’t accepted. I guess it’s like a lot of things, it’s going to take time to work things out. My advice to anyone coming is to bring your actual physical Vax card for now at least.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:12 pm 

Also, as a reminder, although the SL is the first place I know of requiring it (for 100% occupancy) the current plan is to REQUIRE it at almost ALL commercial establishments on February 8. Bars, Hotels, Restaurants, Stores (except groceries and pharmacies). If an establishment is tagged for not enforcing the rules, penalties quickly accelerate from fines and closings to revoking their business licenses.

As a side note, fewer than half the Ticos I know have been able actually get their code without an in-person trip to a Health Ministry office. February 6, CR national elections (president, entire legislature, many mayors), February 8, the pass becomes mandatory. Oddly enough, CR Hoy just announced it will vaccination will NOT be required for students to return to public school on February 17.