www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:21 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Last time I was there in August the testing requirements were different. I was tested on site at the Sportsmens Lodge and the results were emailed to the front desk. I’m booked to be back down at the end of January and wanted to get some clarification.

Anyone know if the SL is still doing on site testing that has the 24 hour requirement covered? I emailed them and am waiting for a reply.

If they aren’t, where can I get on site tested that will get the results back in time? I don’t want mess around with buying my own kit and some app.

Thanks I’m advance.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:39 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Fieldtech wrote:
Last time I was there in August the testing requirements were different. I was tested on site at the Sportsmens Lodge and the results were emailed to the front desk. I’m booked to be back down at the end of January and wanted to get some clarification.

Anyone know if the SL is still doing on site testing that has the 24 hour requirement covered? I emailed them and am waiting for a reply.

If they aren’t, where can I get on site tested that will get the results back in time? I don’t want mess around with buying my own kit and some app.

Thanks I’m advance.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=53343&p=600895&hilit=biblica#p600895

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:01 pm 

One important thing to keep in mind is that despite the fact that many travel sites talk about having to be tested 24 hours prior to departure, the actual regulation published by the CDC states the test has to be ONEday before your flight. This makes a big difference in that you can get that test the morning before your flight at the SL or Castillo, get your results in a couple of hours and if you are negative be good to go.

I just returned from the DR and had a 9am Covid test prior to my 3pm flight back to the US on the following day. No issue at all at the Delta counter though they did kind of piss me off asking to see my vax card. Even though I am fully vaxed I pushed back as there is no requirement for US citizens to prove vaccination status to return home (yet).

The reg being written this way as opposed to 24 hours actually makes a lot of sense (kinda surprising for our current administration) in that departing flight delays could cause a huge problem for folks that tested close to that 24 hour window.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... elers.html

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:32 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Harddrive43228 wrote:
One important thing to keep in mind is that despite the fact that many travel sites talk about having to be tested 24 hours prior to departure, the actual regulation published by the CDC states the test has to be ONEday before your flight. This makes a big difference in that you can get that test the morning before your flight at the SL or Castillo, get your results in a couple of hours and if you are negative be good to go.

I just returned from the DR and had a 9am Covid test prior to my 3pm flight back to the US on the following day. No issue at all at the Delta counter though they did kind of piss me off asking to see my vax card. Even though I am fully vaxed I pushed back as there is no requirement for US citizens to prove vaccination status to return home (yet).

The reg being written this way as opposed to 24 hours actually makes a lot of sense (kinda surprising for our current administration) in that departing flight delays could cause a huge problem for folks that tested close to that 24 hour window.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... elers.html

Thanks man. Just trying to get all the ducks in a row and roll with the changing requirements. Preferred option is testing at SL. If that fails, I’ll go with what Boynton posted above yours.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:02 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

On 12/23/21, U S Embassy in Costa Rica updated their Covid information - https://cr.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/.

Some important points:
1. Properly licensed testing locations- Passengers presenting tests from unlicensed locations could be denied boarding, required to pay a fine, and retest prior to departing Costa Rica.
2. Airport testing - Laboratorio Echandi is offering COVID-19 rapid antigen testing onsite at SJO & LIR. Arrive four hrs. prior to flight.
3. Insurance - In the case of international insurance, tourists must request from their insurer a certification issued in English or Spanish, noting: 1) the validity of the policy during the dates of visit to Costa Rica, 2) guarantee of coverage for medicals expenses in cases of COVID-19 related medical treatment in the amount of 50,000 USD and, 3) minimum coverage of 2,000 USD for extended lodging expenses due to COVID-19 related illness.
4. Verify your ins - email seguros@ict.go.cr to verify your current insurance policy will be accepted in Costa Rica.
5. Note- Ins not required for vac'd but you might still test positive before departure.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:23 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Okay, assume I get a positive test result before my flight. How long might I have to quarantine? I’m middle aged but fully vaxed and boosted.

1 week? 2 weeks?

I know everyone is different, just trying to get a rough idea of how much spare prescriptions I should have with me just in case I can’t fly back on time. I also know probably no one here is a doctor; so taking advice with grain of salt.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:51 pm 

Figuro wrote:
Okay, assume I get a positive test result before my flight. How long might I have to quarantine? I’m middle aged but fully vaxed and boosted.

1 week? 2 weeks?

I know everyone is different, just trying to get a rough idea of how much spare prescriptions I should have with me just in case I can’t fly back on time. I also know probably no one here is a doctor; so taking advice with grain of salt.

https://cr.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/

- Tourists testing positive for COVID-19 while in Costa Rica will be issued a sanitary quarantine order.
- Sanitary quarantine orders will be issued from 10 to 14 days depending on the severity of the infection. Tourists who are issued a sanitary order must secure lodging for the duration of the quarantine.
- The Ministry of Health has stated this sanitary order cannot be appealed, even if subsequent test results taken during the 10–14-day mandatory quarantine are negative for COVID-19.

Please also note the recently revised CDC recommendation of a 5-day quarantine period is only applicable in the United States. It does not apply in Costa Rica. Only Costa Rica’s Ministry of Health has the authority to determine the length of quarantine for persons who test positive in Costa Rica.
Tourists complying with a valid sanitary order will not be penalized for overstaying their visa.