www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:06 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Full implementation of the vaccine mandate has been modified.
December 1st. - If a business complies with the vaccine mandate, they can operate at 100% capacity. Otherwise it remains at 50%

January 8th. - All businesses must comply with the mandate.

Expect more modifications to come.

On a related note, the system used to issue the certificates (to locals) threw up and is currently unavailable while they burp it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:57 pm 

Thanks for the update. I would imagine most hotels and bars would opt for the 100% capacity option as there are enough vaccinated people to fill the place up.

I seriiusly doubt that the Sportsmens or the Taormina would choose to remain at 50% capacity any longer than they have to.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:21 pm 

Harddrive43228 wrote:
Thanks for the update. I would imagine most hotels and bars would opt for the 100% capacity option as there are enough vaccinated people to fill the place up.

I seriiusly doubt that the Sportsmens or the Taormina would choose to remain at 50% capacity any longer than they have to.

Especially when the full restrictions come into force just a month after.

I have read and know of several locals who have had difficulty getting their US vaccinations entered into the Tico system. According to CRHoy, the day after the announcement, the number of requests surged to double the capacity of their Microsoft 360 email server. A large portion if the emails that did go out were directed to users' Spam folders because of the large volume of messages sent.

CR has also begun offering/mandating third shots to First Responders who received AstraZeneca vaccinations over 6 months ago.

For the tourist monger, restrictions are lifting. Get your jab, make your own decision on quarantine insurance, come on down. The next 6 months should be a hoot. The mayor of Zapote announce the return of the yearly fiestas including the bullfights. Participants will have to show a Health Pass and Insurance to enter the ring. :lol: The Festival of Lights snd Horse Parade still appear to be cancelled.

Last edited by Boynton on Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:27 pm 

Boynton wrote:
Harddrive43228 wrote:

Especially when the full restrictions come into force just a month after.

I have read and know of several locals who have had difficulty getting their US vaccinations entered into the Tico system. According to CRHoy, the day after the announcement, the number of requests surged to double their Microsoft 360 email server. A large portion if the emails that did go out were directed to users Spam folders because of the volume.

CR has also begun offering/mandating third shots to First Responders who received AstraZeneca vaccinations over 6 months ago.

The next 6 months should be a hoot. The mayor of Zapote announce the return of the yearly fiestas including the bullfights. Participants will have to show a Health Pass and Insurance to enter the ring. :lol:

That's a lot of bull on the mayor's part.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:49 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Harddrive43228 wrote:

I think that’s a good question. I will be interested to see the response. I have had enough discussions with very strong anti-vax regulars that it might not be an obvious decision.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:42 am 

bulldog10 wrote:
Harddrive43228 wrote:

I think that’s a good question. I will be interested to see the response. I have had enough discussions with very strong anti-vax regulars that it might not be an obvious decision.

Who knows how that might go. Depends a bit on whether the capacity restrictions apply to guest capacity or just restaurant/bar capacity perhaps.

But I also would not want to be known as "the place" for the non-vaccinated. That's hardly a great marketing position to be in. That chases away the vaccinated customers. Even if they are not worried about serious risk of hospitalization or death why would someone who is vaccinated want to stay at a place with a high proportion of unvaccinated people? After all there are certainly lots of older people who are vaccinated that are still at some risk, including most of the monger crowd. Many over 60, many overweight, many with high cholesterol, blood pressure issues, etc. etc. And even with a non-symptomatic case who wants to have to quarantine and all of that.

I currently live in a place where you have to be vaccinated to get into restaurants, bars, etc. It is a relief to feel a bit safer when out at these places...and life is more or less back to normal for the vaccinated. Time will tell how well this strategy works. But it seems a lot better than the past lockdowns and restrictions.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:39 pm 

It won't matter after January 8 as ALL places (except pharmacies and groceries) of business will only allow those that are vaccinated to enter. I am going to guess that most bars and restaurants will implement in December so they can eliminate the capacity restrictions and hypothetically double their business.

Like it or not (I dont like mandates but am triple vaccinated) I think this is going to be the norm in many countries. I do wish countries, USA included, would consider a person that has recovered from Covid and tests to a high enough antibody level to be treated the same as the vaccinated folks. Maybe issue a temporary cert (30 days???) and require a new antibody test to renew.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:19 pm 

Harddrive43228 wrote:
I am going to guess that most bars and restaurants will implement in December so they can eliminate the capacity restrictions and hypothetically double their business.

Agreed. December is one of, if not, the best months for sales as people are in the Christmas spirit. January many are tapped out and sales slow. Businesses would be crazy not to try and take advantage of that.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:15 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

I asked the Hotel Castillo this weekend and was told they are not implementing the restrictions until January.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:29 pm 

Today 26 deputies in the CR legislature demanded implementation of the vaccination QR Code be pushed back to May 2022.
https://www.crhoy.com/nacionales/26-dip ... asta-mayo/

Of course they also came out in favor of Whirled Peas, so who knows.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:47 pm 

Boynton wrote:
Today 26 deputies in the CR legislature demanded implementation of the vaccination QR Code be pushed back to May 2022.
https://www.crhoy.com/nacionales/26-dip ... asta-mayo/

Of course they also came out in favor of Whirled Peas, so who knows.

Great news, but did they address refried beans too? Sorry, I guess no jokes are allowed here.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:10 pm 

Sounds like Colombia is implementing vaccine requirements to enter most public venues. More details on ISG forum.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:06 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Harddrive43228 wrote:
Sounds like Colombia is implementing vaccine requirements to enter most public venues. More details on ISG forum.
That is correct. As of 11/16 Colombia will require proof of vaccination to go pretty much anywhere. Looking like this will become the norm in a lot of places going forward.

https://aldianews.com/articles/culture/ ... ards/67792

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:22 pm 

Skosh wrote:
Harddrive43228 wrote:
That is correct. As of 11/16 Colombia will require proof of vaccination to go pretty much anywhere. Looking like this will become the norm in a lot of places going forward.

https://aldianews.com/articles/culture/ ... ards/67792

Shhhh, nobody tell Captain58.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:52 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Per the hotel Cocal front desk that the curfew will be back to normal or pre-Covid times beginning December 1. So bars, restaurants will close late. You do need a vaccination proof though to get into the bars, restaurants, etc