www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: QR Reading App
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:43 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

The new Mandatory/Voluntary vaccination QR Code goes into effect tomorrow (vendors that require it can operate at 100% capacity, those that don't remain at 50%). Unfortunately the app to verify the codes still in not available on android devices. It is available on the Apple and Huawei stores.

https://www.crhoy.com/tecnologia/comerc ... codigo-qr/

Its going to be fun to watch.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:33 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Article says there is an Android version but it's still under review by Google Play. Wondering why the QR Code from the Healthpass to enter CR wouldn't work for Gringos? Oh well, I'm sure CR will have it up and running by 2023 or 2024! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:04 am 

nosejelly wrote:
Article says there is an Android version but it's still under review by Google Play. Wondering why the QR Code from the Healthpass to enter CR wouldn't work for Gringos? Oh well, I'm sure CR will have it up and running by 2023 or 2024! :lol:

Because it would make too much sense.

Actually, the goverment explaination is that the Vaccination QR Code was written to interoperate with the EU certificate. The Health Pass predated that "standard". CR Hoy ran an article about it in October.
https://www.crhoy.com/nacionales/asi-es ... -covid-19/

The Health Pass was not written to REQUIRE vaccination so you can enter with only the Insurance. This means that US tourists already in the country will need to show the Health Pass they used to enter the country plus their proof of vaccination. At least that was the theory several weeks ago, who knows how it will work out tomorrow.

Also, the Vaccination Pass system reportedly has biometric features built into the back end (running on unpatched servers) and the data is stored on non-governmental servers (in violation of CR law). When the question was asked at a news conference when everything will be up and running, a voice off stage was heard to say "Fifteen days boss, fifteen days". :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:37 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Download the app called “Docket - Immunization Records” . Once downloaded, you will enter your information which will then generate a QR code for you on your phone with your vaxx records. This is for US (mainly NJ, MN, UT). But that app generates a QR code (universal) which I’m sure you can use anywhere in the world as a proof that you were vaccinated in the US… at least until Costa Rica QR code is rolled out for tourists.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:28 am 

njmike9 wrote:
Download the app called “Docket - Immunization Records” . Once downloaded, you will enter your information which will then generate a QR code for you on your phone with your vaxx records. This is for US (mainly NJ, MN, UT). But that app generates a QR code (universal) which I’m sure you can use anywhere in the world as a proof that you were vaccinated in the US… at least until Costa Rica QR code is rolled out for tourists.

Hmm...have my doubts that this would be the solution. The story about the devices in CR is about the reader for the QR code, not for the people who have the code. So it is the app for the business people, etc.

When the code is scanned the scanning app it has to check with the website for the country in question as to whether this is a legitimate QR. I doubt that this information will be available to the CR scanning app. But who knows.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:15 pm 

Today I have gone to Starbucks, Clinica Biblica, PriceSmart, Azafran (restaurant) inside of Plaza Mayor. Nobody anywhere asked for a Health Pass, Vaccination Card, anything. No signage or anything related to the new requirement. The restaurants did appear to still have the tables spread out for 50% capacity. No crowds, so that wasn't a consideration.