www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:33 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Napata1975 wrote:
Per the hotel Cocal front desk that the curfew will be back to normal or pre-Covid times beginning December 1. So bars, restaurants will close late. You do need a vaccination proof though to get into the bars, restaurants, etc

Don't believe what the Cocal front desk tells you ...
1. The has never been a curfew. There have been various driving restriction. There were also forced closure of certain businesses.
2. Pre-COVID there were no driving restrictions. There are driving restriction in place now and they DO NOT change in December (tourists with rental cars are exempt when driving to or from a hotel reservation)
3. Current occupancy restriction (50% in bars, restaurants, etc) remain in place unless the location VOLUNTARILY (wink, wink, nod, nod) asks for proof of vaccination. This is currently the subject of an unresolved pissing match between the courts and the presidency, largely die to lawsuits brought by the tourism sector.

In summary, today bars can open until 11:00pm at 50% capacity and people can drive until 11:00pm. December 1, bars can open until 11:00pm at 50% capacity and people can drive until 11:00pm. If, and only if, the bar voluntarily asks for proof of vaccination then they can operate at 100%. The courts have said the government cannot take steps to proceed with enforcing the vaccine pass requirement. It's a shit storm in a teacup brewing.

Jaco is a shithole, but come to San Jose and enjoy a lukewarm beer and congealed meatballs at the del Rey. You novia will be found kneeling before my belt buckle.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:53 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Good Timing as I’m scheduled to arrive on Dec. 8th.
I assume that means the SL will remain open till late like old times before Covid? I forgot what time they used to close. Midnight? 1:00?