www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:27 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

I am deleting my post. I am also going to let my membership here expire. I never dreamed that you ass holes would not respect another persons opinion. Instead, you act like the high and mighty Joe Biden. If my opinion doesn’t match yours, you will just berate me. I’m just a complete dumb ass.

Y’all are not the people I thought you were.

Sure! I could give each of you three or four dozen “peer reviewed” studies that differ from everything you have said. But, I know you are CNN fans, and nothing would change your mind. I’m. Beginning to believe, not one in a hundred of you, would even read them. So, I will just leave your little tea party.

Like I’ve said before. I’ve enjoyed reading many of your previous posts. Thanks for that.

So long.

Everything written here by me is purely fiction; and Any opinion, or observation, in the post above is purely presented for entertainment purposes and does not promote, nor is it intended to promote, "sexual tourism" or "human trafficking". The laws of Costa Rica apply to all activities in Costa Rica. No warranty is expressed or implied. Void where prohibited by law. Your experience, observations or perspective may be different.

Last edited by Captain58 on Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:49 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Captain58 wrote:
I was planning on going to SJ CR in January. I was looking forward to seeing old Friends! However, I just read about the new vaccine regulations starting Dec. 1. Now I will not be able to. I’ve had the Chinese virus. I have natural immunity. But, those who require vaccines don’t care. I have other reasons for not taking it also.

So! I’ve been reading great things about MDE! I plan on reading everything I can before final plans in December, for a late January trip! I’m already excited about the new place! I hope to see some of you there!

If you have written about MDE, I will read it. If you have some information, you haven’t written about, or just want to give me some advice, I am all ears! This board has helped me a lot over the years!

1) Just an FYI: as of November if you are not vaccinated you will have to provide a negative Covid test taken no more than 24 hours before your return flight to the US. You can get Covid antigen tests in many places in Medellin, including at the airport prior to your flight - just make sure you give yourself plenty of time because sometimes the wait is an hour or more to get tested there.

2) As a MDE newbie your best bet is to stay at the Mansion.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:23 am 

Hola Captain,

Is Costa Rica requiring vaccination as of December in order to visit? What are the new requirements that you reference? Any info will be helpful.

Gracias,

Jac

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:26 am 

Jacoret,

Full explanation is given in the General Information topic.

MH,

Unless things have changed you have to have a negative PCR or Antigen test to return to the USA regardless of vaccination status.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:41 pm 

Miamiheller wrote:
Captain58 wrote:
I was planning on going to SJ CR in January. I was looking forward to seeing old Friends! However, I just read about the new vaccine regulations starting Dec. 1. Now I will not be able to. I’ve had the Chinese virus. I have natural immunity. But, those who require vaccines don’t care. I have other reasons for not taking it also.

So! I’ve been reading great things about MDE! I plan on reading everything I can before final plans in December, for a late January trip! I’m already excited about the new place! I hope to see some of you there!

If you have written about MDE, I will read it. If you have some information, you haven’t written about, or just want to give me some advice, I am all ears! This board has helped me a lot over the years!

1) Just an FYI: as of November if you are not vaccinated you will have to provide a negative Covid test taken no more than 24 hours before your return flight to the US. You can get Covid antigen tests in many places in Medellin, including at the airport prior to your flight - just make sure you give yourself plenty of time because sometimes the wait is an hour or more to get tested there.

2) As a MDE newbie your best bet is to stay at the Mansion.

Thank you!

Everything written here by me is purely fiction; and Any opinion, or observation, in the post above is purely presented for entertainment purposes and does not promote, nor is it intended to promote, "sexual tourism" or "human trafficking". The laws of Costa Rica apply to all activities in Costa Rica. No warranty is expressed or implied. Void where prohibited by law. Your experience, observations or perspective may be different.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:44 pm 

Jacoret wrote:
Hola Captain,

Is Costa Rica requiring vaccination as of December in order to visit? What are the new requirements that you reference? Any info will be helpful.

Gracias,

Jac

Yes. In a way. They are requiring proof of vaccination to enter most places of business. Including hotels, bars, etc.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:58 pm 

Harddrive43228 wrote:
Jacoret,

Full explanation is given in the General Information topic.

MH,

Unless things have changed you have to have a negative PCR or Antigen test to return to the USA regardless of vaccination status.

Looks like you misunderstood my post. :mrgreen: I just mentioned the new unvaccinated requirement given the OP mentioned he doesn't believe in the vaccine.

As of November 2021, new rules for ALL international travellers to the US (citizens residents and visitors):
If you are unvaccinated, you need to show a negative COVID test dated no more than 24 hours before your flight.
If you are vaccinated, the usual 3 day time period applies.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:24 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

It is obvious that a full vaccination requirement to enter CR is coming very soon, probably Dec 1. Why would you allow a tourist to enter the country that will not be allowed to enter any hotel in the country. The requirement just hasn't been announced yet.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:21 pm 
Site Admin

bulldog10 wrote:
It is obvious that a full vaccination requirement to enter CR is coming very soon, probably Dec 1. Why would you allow a tourist to enter the country that will not be allowed to enter any hotel in the country. The requirement just hasn't been announced yet.

Just to be clear, the requirement was announced by the government at a press conference on Wednesday. Also, the requirements were published (in Spanish) on the official website of the Costa Rica Ministry of Health, which has legal authority to close businesses and enforce the mandate.

https://www.ministeriodesalud.go.cr/ind ... n-covid-19

The process for citizens and residents of Costa Rica to comply has also been published. What is not yet clear, is the how the process will change for tourists who enter the country in the coming weeks.

So, if your travel plans include Costa Rica on or near Dec 1st, then it's possible being unvaccinated could cause problems.

Keep in mind that testing for COVID-19 is required before returning to the United States, and those who test positive have to extend their trip with a 2 week quarantine.

It's unclear how immigration requirements could change during the coming weeks.

It's unclear what would happen if an unvaccinated tourist arrives before Dec 1. but has a return ticket after Dec 1.

However, if you have been fully vaccinated and have your U.S. Vaccination Card, then the policy changes are not likely to pose much of a problem for your upcoming trip.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:54 pm 

Bring popcorn. Lots and lots of popcorn.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:26 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Captain58 wrote:

Your natural Covid anti-bodies last about 3-6 months. Vaccinated people now can get booster shots to lengthen the time that the vaccination is effective.

How will you get your booster? Go out and catch Covid again? From what i have read in reports from people who have had it twice, it's much worse the second time around.

Minus maybe Brazil, all Latin American countries are just as liberal as one another. I am sure that even though Colombia has not announced any vax-mandate as of yet, I sure that they, and most other Latin countries may soon follow suite.

Maybe you should plane a trip to Sweden or somewhere that you know will never mandate anything like that.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:55 am 

You tell him Ba Ba Bhuey.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:28 am 

BhueyXXXVII wrote:

Maybe you should plane a trip to Sweden or somewhere that you know will never mandate anything like that.

I'm afraid Sweden isn't an option for him, either :roll: : https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/sw ... 021-09-15/