www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:31 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

RockinRob1 wrote:
Harddrive I leave on the 27th and the health pass said to get the QR code 48 hours prior to departing. Does that mean Monday the 25th I need to get the QR code and that is the only day I can do it?

You will need to have the pass to board your airplane. I see many people every time I fly down standing to the side filling out the info on their phones to get the pass. I myself forgot one time and had to do it while waiting at the airport. Much better to get it done ahead of time.

When you are standing in the Immigration line and they come around to scan your health pass if it scans purple you will need to exit the line and get on a bus where you are taken to the end of the terminal to get your insurance docs straitened out. I'm sure you can purchase insurance there. I had an issue with my health pass not showing I had sufficient $$ for lodging coverage but since I have property here they did not bother reading further that I was not going to a hotel but my home. The one good thing about getting shuttled to get it straightened out was I then bypassed the line and got thru immigration before I would have by about 15 minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:34 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Call me cynical (or perhaps hopeful) but I would be willing to bet that the Dec. 1 date gets postponed.

There is simply no way they can vaccinate the remaining people in time imo.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:40 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

HankChinaski wrote:
Call me cynical (or perhaps hopeful) but I would be willing to bet that the Dec. 1 date gets postponed.

There is simply no way they can vaccinate the remaining people in time imo.

As if October 11, there were 749,000 eligible locals who had not received their first dose. Full vaccination requires two doses 8 weeks apart followed by a 2 week waiting period (10 weeks total, 70 days). October 11 to December 1 is 52 days. But don't confuse this with the likelyhood of the CR government enforcing the vaccination requirement for tourists. If there is any accommodation or postponement, it will betargeted toward the local population, not tourist mongers.

I don't expect it to impact the availability of poon at the SL of any other location.