www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Vaxx tickets?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:12 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Hey guys,

I used to frequent this board under another name. I've since lost that account and it's been a while since I've been down to San Jose.

This may be a touchy question, but what is the probability of finding a doctor in Costa Rica that will give you a legit vaccine card without actually taking the vaccine?

I'll be down in mid October. Hope Hotel Little Havana is still operational.

Post subject: Re: Vaxx tickets?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:35 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

That would not be the best of ideas even if you could find one. There were already a few positive Covid 19 from this group and luckily they were vaccinated or things could have gotten a lot worse. You are taking a big chance and putting other people at risk. If you get caught with a fake card (remember if they get suspicious they can test you for antibodies) and then you would be really screwed.

I would only go if I am already vaccinated and then I would still get the insurance as some people recently found out.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:20 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Where's the admin? Someone get this guy outta here!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:03 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

b75006 wrote:
That would not be the best of ideas even if you could find one. There were already a few positive Covid 19 from this group and luckily they were vaccinated or things could have gotten a lot worse. You are taking a big chance and putting other people at risk. If you get caught with a fake card (remember if they get suspicious they can test you for antibodies) and then you would be really screwed.

I would only go if I am already vaccinated and then I would still get the insurance as some people recently found out.

To be clear, I've already been vaccinated in another country. Unfortunately, the only option I had available at the time was the Astra Zeneca, which isn't valid for US travel.

I don't want to debate the safety of these vaccines, but neither of them have any long term safety studies done on them and, if possible, I would like to limit my intake to one vaccine instead of two.

If the admin feels this post should be taken down, then so be it - I understand. This group has helped me many times in the past so I figured I would ask.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:03 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

People have been arrested for trying to travel with fake documents. If you want to risk a healthy fine or possible jail time of 1one to six year go ahead
https://qcostarica.com/bukele-advisers- ... -19-tests/

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:23 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Wow, a Bukowski fan. Nice.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:03 am 

There were a couple of Canadian citizens arrested trying to get into Canada from abroad with some fake Covid vaccination docs. Apparently they were fined about $16,000 US.

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/n ... ter-canada

I would not risk ANY fake documents trying to exit or enter a country. Way too much risk for very little reward.

As far as finding a doc willing to commit document fraud, I think you would have a better chance finding a shady MD in the USA than in Costa Rica given the amount of Medicare and regular insurance fraud you read about in the states.

And as far as US travel goes you only need a negative PCR or antigen test to return to the USA taken three days or less before your flight date. So far Biden has not been successful mandating the vaccine for any travel, domestic or international but I am sure he will try.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:31 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

As soon as I read this post I scrolled down to see HardDrives hard response and he did not disappoint. Of course some here tried to make light of a lousy situation in jest and got lit up on this board, but upon reading this persons post, whether he got the Astra Zeneca or not, it was serious and HardDrive and others provided the correct response. I agree that you would find an MD in the USA more inclined to commit fraud. They have been doing with it with opiates for awhile now. I must say though they did not really make this vax card hard to replicate. It is simply paper with a person's signature and date. You would think they would make it harder to duplicate so to avoid these types of perpetrations.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:56 am 

Harddrive43228 wrote:
So far Biden has not been successful mandating the vaccine for any travel, domestic or international but I am sure he will try.

He just did... not a mandate but if you're not vaccinated it's about to get a little harder (and probably more $$$) to travel back to the US :| :o :shock:

https://www.smartertravel.com/new-covid ... s-into-us/

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:49 pm 

Miamiheller wrote:
Harddrive43228 wrote:
So far Biden has not been successful mandating the vaccine for any travel, domestic or international but I am sure he will try.

He just did... not a mandate but if you're not vaccinated it's about to get a little harder (and probably more $$$) to travel back to the US :| :o :shock:

https://www.smartertravel.com/new-covid ... s-into-us/

MH,

Thanks for the link. They sure are trying to make life near impossible for the folks that don't want the vaccine. I am not anti-vax and have had two Pfizer shots and might even get the booster before my October trip if it's available. I do believe however, if a person does not think that getting the vaccine is in their best interests, it is their right not to get it as long as they understand the ramifications of that choice.

I guess you could always walk across the Rio Grande and avoid all of the restrictions :-)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:33 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Hank Daman wrote:

Factotum or Ham on Rye?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:17 pm 

HankChinaski wrote:
Hank Daman wrote: