www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: DJ at Sportsmen’s
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:45 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Turn this guy OFF Please. Loud and Annoying. Same incessant electronic boom boom shit.

Post subject: Re: DJ at Sportsmen’s
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:46 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

That is one of the reasons I always carry earplugs with me.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:07 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

The last couple of times I have stayed at the SL the majority of the crowd at night were Ticos. They like that stuff.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:59 am 

The DJ is one of the things I hate about the main bar at the Taormina. Not crazy about the music selection and way to loud to have a decent conversation.

Is the DJ at the SL every night now? I was there a few times in August and didn't experience it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:35 pm 

Key largo would have survived if gringos wanted the disco atmosphere. I personally love to get out and dance, but I’ll take my date to a dance club…. Not real interested in the SL atmosphere. Just want to chill, look, drink, bs, select… repeat.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:24 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

BondTrader wrote:
Turn this guy OFF Please. Loud and Annoying. Same incessant electronic boom boom shit.

I agree. This is a problem. Over the years, when the DJ is there, I have moved to the back bar by big window where it is a little less annoying. Many times I have just left as I couldn't stand it anymore.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:09 pm 

Paco wrote:
Key largo would have survived if gringos wanted the disco atmosphere. I personally love to get out and dance, but I’ll take my date to a dance club…. Not real interested in the SL atmosphere. Just want to chill, look, drink, bs, select… repeat.

Actually many of us old geezers loved it, if we would go to a normal dance club, everyone would immediately see us making fools of ourselves. :oops:

We would be publicly making embarrassing pathetic attempts to dance, but there, we could bring our fave or new found ho, stagger and stumble around the dance floor and twirl and spin our patient tolerant hoz, and surprisingly, many of them were having a good time as well... :shock:

Women just love to dance even if their male dance partner keeps bumping into people or knocking over chairs by the dance floor, and imagining themselves John Travolta... 8)

Nobody seemed to care, and we didn't care, the only ones watching were mostly old drunk mongers and hoz cashing in, dancing now, but getting pounded and paid later...everyone having a great time... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:21 am 

LocoGringo wrote:

"wait till the drums starts" ...... :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:26 am 

pedro wrote:
LocoGringo wrote:

"wait till the drums starts" ...... :shock:

I know Bill loves 'em, but that drum corp is waaayyy too loud. The dancers are hot though.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:21 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Netgems totally agree. I loved Key Largo. The back bar had good looking bartenders and was off the room that some times had bands. I danced there plenty of nights and would actually have a blast before picking out my favorite 'dance partner'. The big back door was great for sliding outside and smoking a fattie or cigarette and it was isolated so you were not overwhelmed by the sheer mass of women found at DR. Walk across the street and you could grab a chica and take her across to Key Largo and actually hang out with them and dance so it was not slam bam thank you ma'am. Not saying anything is wrong with that but I liked to hang out and enjoy their company as well.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:11 am 

Key Largo was awesome in the old days. It started to go downhill when they put that DJ in the front bar playing that electronic, house crap (my apologies to the younger folks).

Even though 95% of the women were the same ones you would find across the street, it was nice to be able to see them behaving in a more normal, non-puta manner, dancing and socializing. And it was easy to see which ones might be fun in the bedroom by the way they moved on the dance floor.

I admit I embarrassed myself attempting to dance after way too many cocktails on many occasions listening to the bands (that were usually surprisingly good if you liked latin music). Thank god there wasn't anything like Tik ToK back then :-)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:15 am 

Harddrive43228 wrote:
Key Largo was awesome in the old days. It started to go downhill when they put that DJ in the front bar playing that electronic, house crap (my apologies to the younger folks).

Even though 95% of the women were the same ones you would find across the street, it was nice to be able to see them behaving in a more normal, non-puta manner, dancing and socializing. And it was easy to see which ones might be fun in the bedroom by the way they moved on the dance floor.

I admit I embarrassed myself attempting to dance after way too many cocktails on many occasions listening to the bands (that were usually surprisingly good if you liked latin music). Thank god there wasn't anything like Tik ToK back then :-)

KL Really was the best, for those of us around long enough to have appreciated it during its heyday. For me that was early to mid 2000’s. Even the Beatle Bar in Jaco was a f*ckin Blast back then.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:37 pm 

I sure miss KL, I got alot of tail there..

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:52 pm 

RockinRob1 wrote:
Netgems totally agree. I loved Key Largo. The back bar had good looking bartenders and was off the room that some times had bands. I danced there plenty of nights and would actually have a blast before picking out my favorite 'dance partner'. The big back door was great for sliding outside and smoking a fattie or cigarette and it was isolated so you were not overwhelmed by the sheer mass of women found at DR. Walk across the street and you could grab a chica and take her across to Key Largo and actually hang out with them and dance so it was not slam bam thank you ma'am. Not saying anything is wrong with that but I liked to hang out and enjoy their company as well.

Agreed, years ago I loved the variety, but now I am spending time with 2 favoritas I have known over 3 years, Each one visits once a month and once a month I search for a stray, so I get new meat but my "hovias' are like novias and best of all, when that Uber arrives to take them home, they don't bug me for money until I call again... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:25 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

I m retiring in a couple of years and would like to consider a move to CR. And I want to live the Pura Vida like you K*ds.