www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:39 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

I was friends with Pops and we have each other’s Whatsapp numbers-I got a message tonight from his number saying it was his wife and they were requesting a donation to help his “Costa Rican family”-I have no problem contributing as I consider Pops a friend and he helped me out many times when I was in CR-just seeing if anyone else got a message and if it’s legit.

Boyton, have you heard anything about this? Figured you might know

PS-I hit the link and it took me to a Go Fund Me page that looks legit

Last edited by bfpsu12 on Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:51 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

I just received it 2 minutes ago. It appears legit but I'm always suspicious so I'll wait to see what others have to say.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:04 pm 

It is legit and is being administered by a long time member CRT (Miamiheller). He did NOT post a link to this site to avoid spamming members.

I also know that Ed's costa rican wife has his phone, so the messages are coming from her. I assume she is just going through his contact list. As with any death, it takes some time to settle the estate his wife and K*ds have the immediate expenses of life.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:42 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Boynton wrote:
It is legit and is being administered by a long time member CRT (Miamiheller). He did NOT post a link to this site to avoid spamming members.

I also know that Ed's costa rican wife has his phone, so the messages are coming from her. I assume she is just going through his contact list. As with any death, it takes some time to settle the estate his wife and K*ds have the immediate expenses of life.

I understand. Like I said, I have no problem contributing to his Go Fund Me as long as it’s legit. I consider Ed a friend and he was always good to me. Thanks for confirming Boyton, I appreciate it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:48 am 
Site Admin

I like to post this link here as a number of long-time CRT members have requested I get the word out on the passing of Ed Hansen, a man whom many of us knew and respected.

This is a legitimate fundraiser and the proceeds will benefit his family in Costa Rica.

https://gofund.me/de6f24fd

Quote:
On July 29 Ed passed away unexpectedly in his sleep, leaving behind a grief-stricken family.

Ed -- an Atlanta police officer who retired to San Jose, Costa Rica -- was a happy and seemingly healthy man. He was always ready to help his family, friends and even strangers visiting Costa Rica.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:48 am 

Hello all,

Thanks Boynton and Admin for posting about the GoFundMe. It is indeed a legit fundraiser for Ed's family, which I help them set up on GoFundMe. I didn't post the link myself to avoid spamming the board, but I am grateful to Mr. Admin for posting the link.

There already have been several generous contributions from CRTers. Thank you all so much for helping Ed's widow and his boys!