www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:37 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

I contacted Castillo the other day. It’s just 2, they were Quarantined at Amistad. The two are already done. Matt said the insurance worked beautifully. No issues. I’m there this Nov…. Not worried.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:07 pm 
Site Admin

Please keep the discussion civil. It's fine to disagree and present counter arguments. However, personal attacks, i.e. name calling is not allowed in the forum.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:47 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Indyguy wrote:
I want to correct the original post and add on the ground comments. There are only 2 known positive cases as of yesterday not 6. I know this because I am the 1st. I have had both Pfizer Vaccinations. The information in the media about how few fully vaccinated people are infected with Delta Variant is misleading as they are only including the seriously ill. Neither I nor the other person have ANY symptoms. We both found out when we received the test needed to re enter the USA. Further reading of information is that if fully vaccinated the symptoms are really evident and most are extremely Mild. I believe I have tracked it back to 1 girl who was sick 2 days after I met her. Since it takes longer than 2 days from exposure for any symptoms it makes sense. She later took the test after I told her I was positive and is in quarantine for 15 days. My order was only 10 days since I had both vaccinations. I believe I was exposed on my 4th day (I found out day 9) but each day at both Sportsman and Taramina before and after exposure my temperature was taken and normal. I am taking my temperature daily and no fever.
As far as how Hotel Castillo is handling it I am very impressed. I am on day 6 of testing positive and I receive a call from Matt every morning and at least 1 or 2 more times each day asking if I need anything. He has told me to message him a list of what I need and checks to make sure I have ordered my meals and if not, he takes the order. He personally has gone to the store to pick up items I need. I stayed at Castillo in my room until my reservation ended because they were completely booked for the days after. I am now at Amistad and anything I need or want (within reason) has been delivered to me. The attitude of the entire staff has been fantastic. I receive what’s app message from several asking if I am ok and if they can get me anything. I am getting phone calls from staff asking if I am ready to order food. I also notified each Chica so they could be aware, and many send me message as well.
I almost did not buy the insurance, but I figured for less than $100 why not be covered and I am very glad I did. The other person did not buy it. This is my 3rd trip since end of April, and I still plan on returning in November. With the vaccine chances of being sick is very low (BREAK THROUGH CASES) and the inconvenience has been worth it to me. My 1st trip here in Jan of 2015 I caught the flu and was sick for 2 weeks immediately after I returned home. This is nothing compared to that!!
Pura Vida

What insurance did you buy? Trawick? The CR gov?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:16 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Indyguy wrote:
I almost did not buy the insurance, but I figured for less than $100 why not be covered and I am very glad I did. The other person did not buy it. This is my 3rd trip since end of April, and I still plan on returning in November. With the vaccine chances of being sick is very low (BREAK THROUGH CASES) and the inconvenience has been worth it to me. My 1st trip here in Jan of 2015 I caught the flu and was sick for 2 weeks immediately after I returned home. This is nothing compared to that!!
Pura Vida

Indy, which insurance did you buy?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:53 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

I wanted to provide an update to being one of the 2 who tested positive for Covid while at Castillo.
First, I want to again thank Matt, Darren and all of the staff at Castillo who not only made my stay in quarantine a pretty good experience given that I stayed in my room without any chicas, but that they all seems genuinely concerned that I was ok and not suffering. I am still getting message from Darren and Matt asking if I need anything for the Insurance claim and if I am feeling ok.
The Bar and Restaurant at Amistad soft opened the day I transferred to my room there. Kimberly who many may know from Havana is running the bar and restaurant. She also went out of her way to make my stay enjoyable. Several days I received messages from her and the bartenders asking if I needed anything brought to the room. I also became the unofficial taste tester as she tied out different chefs. On my last 3 days they had a chef who was amazing and I encourage everyone to go check it out. Kimberly also set me up with the Doctor who performed the exam for me and the other guy and the “all clear” official letter. B Darren and Matt have that information just ion case anyone else test positive. Because of possibility of lingering Covid fragments it is very possible for a person to test positive for up to 90 days although 30 is more common. The period where a person is contagious is only 3 to 7 normally id there have not been any or mild symptoms. That is why the CDC will allow a Doctor’s letter (it is an official document, not just a “letter) for up to 90 days after a positive test result. to fly. I did a test 4 days after I returned home, (the soonest I could get an appointment) and I was negative. When I arrived at the airport and I went to check in I showed the letter and the Order to Quarantine so they could verify the dates and that was the only time I needed to.
Since I had already had both Pfizer vaccinations I almost didn’t’ buy the health Insurance but I figured for less than $90 (I am 61 and covered my flight and hotel cost) why take a chance.My Travel Insurance was purchased through Trawick although they are only the sales agents. The actual carrier is Nationwide. I have not yet submitted my claim so when I do I will provide an update on that. They will not pay any bills for you. You must pay any bills and then submit them for reimbursement.
The worst part of the entire experience was coming home to a lot of work. In total, I was gone for21 days. I am booking my next trip for after Thanksgiving. I do feel that the vaccines are what prevented me from getting sick. Oh and the small % of breakthrough cases we hear about, well those do not include the Asymptomatic or mild symptom cases. BUY the insurance!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:35 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Glad it all worked out. Also good to hear Kimberly is now working at the Amistad. I have known her since when she was a bartender at the Sportsmens. She will do a great job at the Amistad.

I wonder if the all inclusive at the Castillo will give you access to both restaurants. I hope so.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6