www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:51 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Boyton really knows how to gaslight, doesn't he Pedro?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:14 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Jay2ee wrote:
Boyton really knows how to gaslight, doesn't he Pedro?

4U LadyJ
https://youtu.be/E_Rc4pTVTKs

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:38 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

catbert55 wrote:
There are some disappointed mongers at the Castillo bar tonight, including myself, who got here today expecting the chicas to be at the bar. I for one have gotten tired of hunting at the SL and I really enjoyed the atmosphere at the Castillo earlier this summer. Not sure limiting chicas is going to help but I understand the rationale and we'll have to make do in a changing environment. Glad to hear the Castillo is stepping up to take care of the quarantined quests so well.

All remaining guests tested negative for Covid so we are letting the girls back in. It was a precaution to make sure we didn’t have additional cases and spread the virus.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:17 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Good info

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:37 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Indyguy wrote:
Abkfpanda wrote:
GFO wrote:
Do these travel insurance policies pay hospitals and hotels directly? Or must we pay ourselves and struggle through following up on filing claims?

I tested positive while in jaco back in April when I was trying to leave and I paid for the quarantine room up front. I had to quarantine for 10 days and did not have to test to leave after that. I just went to a doctor and he checked me for symptoms, which I didn't show any the whole time, and he wrote me a letter to present at the airport. It took a few months and many emails and phone calls to get reimbursed and then they shorted me a day in the pay. Still gonna go back but probably try a different insurance out.

Was the DR in Jaco? Can you provide how you found him and his contact? I am in quarantine and concerned about the non contagious virus fragments left in my body

Yes the doctor was in Jaco. I went to Rush Urgent Care and saw Dr. Arturo Aguirreurreta. I found them by searching online for an office that would come to you for covid testing.

Contact info:

info@rushurgentcare.cr

Jaco, IL Galeone local #5

9.615013, -84.628003

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:32 pm 

Abkfpanda wrote:
GFO wrote:
Do these travel insurance policies pay hospitals and hotels directly? Or must we pay ourselves and struggle through following up on filing claims?

I tested positive while in jaco back in April when I was trying to leave and I paid for the quarantine room up front. I had to quarantine for 10 days and did not have to test to leave after that. I just went to a doctor and he checked me for symptoms, which I didn't show any the whole time, and he wrote me a letter to present at the airport. It took a few months and many emails and phone calls to get reimbursed and then they shorted me a day in the pay. Still gonna go back but probably try a different insurance out.

Which insurance did you buy on this trip? Which one will you use in the future?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:45 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Rolleratnight wrote:
Abkfpanda wrote:
GFO wrote:

Which insurance did you buy on this trip? Which one will you use in the future?

I used sagicor this time. I'll probably try one of the other companies next time but hopefully I won't need to uses it. Being stuck in a room for 10 days with nothing to do was terrible lol. Especially for my first trip to Costa Rica.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:29 pm 

Location: Sex Felony State (most other places p4p is just another day!)
Yeah I just continue sticking to TJ for the time being. Had awesome sexo this past weekend from young hot women horny for money!

Just don't eat from the street food stands. Met a bro. in a coma 25 days right after his last TJ visit and he thinks he caught it from one of the food stands.

And don't venture far from the brothel block at night by foot.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:51 pm 

Abkfpanda wrote:

I used sagicor this time. I'll probably try one of the other companies next time but hopefully I won't need to uses it. Being stuck in a room for 10 days with nothing to do was terrible lol. Especially for my first trip to Costa Rica.

So, don’t use Sagicor. I wonder if the other ones are better. Lots of insurance companies tell you what they cover, they just don’t tell you what they will pay for.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:46 am 

If you test positive and need any medical treatment, I would pretty much count on having to pay up front for any charges and then get reimbursed by your insurance company. If your insurer then direct pays the provider then it is a pleasant surprise.

If you are not in a position to cover any medical expenses out of pocket I really would really stay home unless your insurance provider GUARANTEES that they will pay the health care provider directly.

As far as additional hotel / food / beverage charges you should ask your hotel directly exactly what the procedures are / will be if you would happen to test positive. Some hotels will have little to no capacity to house you beyond your scheduled stay. The Castillo is somewhat unique in that they have a property in the Amistad that is pretty much sitting idle.

But regardless of your vaccination status or previous infections, I would strongly suggest that everyone (except the super wealthy) obtain travel insurance that specifically covers Covid expenses including trip delay.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:06 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

I believe that if you use the national insurance through INS it will pay directly to the hospital and hotel. It is also good to read the policy first to see how they pay. Trawick policy reimburses you upon return.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:10 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Indyguy wrote:
I want to correct the original post and add on the ground comments. There are only 2 known positive cases as of yesterday not 6. I know this because I am the 1st. I have had both Pfizer Vaccinations. The information in the media about how few fully vaccinated people are infected with Delta Variant is misleading as they are only including the seriously ill. Neither I nor the other person have ANY symptoms. We both found out when we received the test needed to re enter the USA. Further reading of information is that if fully vaccinated the symptoms are really evident and most are extremely Mild. I believe I have tracked it back to 1 girl who was sick 2 days after I met her. Since it takes longer than 2 days from exposure for any symptoms it makes sense. She later took the test after I told her I was positive and is in quarantine for 15 days. My order was only 10 days since I had both vaccinations. I believe I was exposed on my 4th day (I found out day 9) but each day at both Sportsman and Taramina before and after exposure my temperature was taken and normal. I am taking my temperature daily and no fever.
As far as how Hotel Castillo is handling it I am very impressed. I am on day 6 of testing positive and I receive a call from Matt every morning and at least 1 or 2 more times each day asking if I need anything. He has told me to message him a list of what I need and checks to make sure I have ordered my meals and if not, he takes the order. He personally has gone to the store to pick up items I need. I stayed at Castillo in my room until my reservation ended because they were completely booked for the days after. I am now at Amistad and anything I need or want (within reason) has been delivered to me. The attitude of the entire staff has been fantastic. I receive what’s app message from several asking if I am ok and if they can get me anything. I am getting phone calls from staff asking if I am ready to order food. I also notified each Chica so they could be aware, and many send me message as well.
I almost did not buy the insurance, but I figured for less than $100 why not be covered and I am very glad I did. The other person did not buy it. This is my 3rd trip since end of April, and I still plan on returning in November. With the vaccine chances of being sick is very low (BREAK THROUGH CASES) and the inconvenience has been worth it to me. My 1st trip here in Jan of 2015 I caught the flu and was sick for 2 weeks immediately after I returned home. This is nothing compared to that!!
Pura Vida

Seems simple to me...we finally have a guy in Indyguy that gave some very detailed information about his experience of actually testing positive. He mentions he has insurance. Doesn't sound like there are any medical expenses, except for maybe additional tests.
I want to know his experience with payment for his hotel and meal expenses...
What insurance did you get and how are those bills being paid.
I tried to get similar information from someone that had an actual experience with a letter of recovery from a doctor.
Was like pulling teeth.
We can all read the rules and speculate what will happen in the real experience.
I appreciate hearing it from the horses mouth.
Indyguy...let us know how it works out getting your room and board paid for the extra 10-14 days.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:22 pm 

Indyguy wrote:
As far as how Hotel Castillo is handling it I am very impressed. I am on day 6 of testing positive and I receive a call from Matt every morning and at least 1 or 2 more times each day asking if I need anything. He has told me to message him a list of what I need and checks to make sure I have ordered my meals and if not, he takes the order. He personally has gone to the store to pick up items I need. I stayed at Castillo in my room until my reservation ended because they were completely booked for the days after. I am now at Amistad and anything I need or want (within reason) has been delivered to me. The attitude of the entire staff has been fantastic. I receive what’s app message from several asking if I am ok and if they can get me anything. I am getting phone calls from staff asking if I am ready to order food. I also notified each Chica so they could be aware, and many send me message as well.

Matt and the HLA/Castillo staff have always been class acts.

Wishing you the best for a speedy recovery and a negative COVID test,

mh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:00 pm 

Location: Sex Felony State (most other places p4p is just another day!)
"I guess food gets delivered in."

Was wondering if chicas can get delivered in too assuming the chicas know the risks and/or are + themselves?

Any word from the quarantiners on this? :?:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:48 pm 

Puro Party wrote:
"I guess food gets delivered in."

Was wondering if chicas can get delivered in too assuming the chicas know the risks and/or are + themselves?

Any word from the quarantiners on this? :?:

Are you serious?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next