www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:24 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

GFO wrote:
Do these travel insurance policies pay hospitals and hotels directly? Or must we pay ourselves and struggle through following up on filing claims?

Some mongers struggle with being forced to learn how to use a light switch. They post questions to the board asking what to do if they encounter a horizontal one instead a vertical. To them everything is hard, confusing and a mystery. So they stay home and "resist".

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:45 pm 

I know this will sound impossibly confusing to some... but sometimes after you have had covid it takes a while before you test negative even when you are over it. So the other acceptable option is to have a letter from a doctor saying that you have recovered from Covid. People that test positive and remain symptom free will be cleared in this way after a certain number of days from when you first tested positive.

Check the requirements on the US government site. And no, I do not have a link. I only am aware of this as a friend of mine had this happen while in another country and got his letter after quarantining there...prior to returning to the USA. He had no problem using the letter as proof of recovery from Covid.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:07 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Good info Zeos. Here's a link:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... list-p.pdf

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:10 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Mkink wrote:
Hi all Matt from Amistad here. We did have two people test positive for covid upon exit testing. All are doing fine and we have them quarantined in Amistad. Castillo is operating as usual and we had professional cleaners disinfect the rooms. These are the first cases since we opened. If you have any questions please feel free to contact Darren at the hotel. On a side note we are opening hotel amistad this month (soft open) and are currently excepting reservations.

Also I strongly suggest that everyone gets the insurance for covid vaccinated or not as the price is small compared to the coverage.

Regards
Matt

I just got a message from Darren that the soft opening of Amistad will not be until around Oct. 25th and they are now taking reservations

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:23 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

GFO wrote:
Do these travel insurance policies pay hospitals and hotels directly? Or must we pay ourselves and struggle through following up on filing claims?

I tested positive while in jaco back in April when I was trying to leave and I paid for the quarantine room up front. I had to quarantine for 10 days and did not have to test to leave after that. I just went to a doctor and he checked me for symptoms, which I didn't show any the whole time, and he wrote me a letter to present at the airport. It took a few months and many emails and phone calls to get reimbursed and then they shorted me a day in the pay. Still gonna go back but probably try a different insurance out.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:46 pm 

There are some disappointed mongers at the Castillo bar tonight, including myself, who got here today expecting the chicas to be at the bar. I for one have gotten tired of hunting at the SL and I really enjoyed the atmosphere at the Castillo earlier this summer. Not sure limiting chicas is going to help but I understand the rationale and we'll have to make do in a changing environment. Glad to hear the Castillo is stepping up to take care of the quarantined quests so well.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:24 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Boynton wrote:
GFO wrote:

Some mongers struggle with being forced to learn how to use a light switch. They post questions to the board asking what to do if they encounter a horizontal one instead a vertical. To them everything is hard, confusing and a mystery. So they stay home and "resist".

You are one of the most funny mf's here.. thank you for that! Keep it coming (the humor) :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:27 am 

Boynton wrote:
Harddrive43228 wrote:
I am headed down to San Jose in mid-October and am planning on staying at the Castillo for quite a few days. Hopefully they will be allowing the ladies to hang out again by then. And after reading this thread, I did go to the Trawick site and buy the insurance. 24 days with $1200 trip cost (same as $0 trip cost for some reason) was $87. Very cheap for peace of mind.

You can also try buying Trawick insurance from Insubuy instead of directly from the Trawick site. Using the same 24-day, $1,200 cost parameters it generated costs of $48 for a 50yr old and $80 for a 60yr old.

Well I'm 66 so it seems like a got a fair price at $87. :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:34 am 

GFO wrote:

From what I understand, if you want claims to be paid directly to the health care providers you have to choose one of the Costa Rican options, INS or Sagacor. The international options require you to pay and the file claims.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:37 am 

Abkfpanda wrote:
GFO wrote:

I tested positive while in jaco back in April when I was trying to leave and I paid for the quarantine room up front. I had to quarantine for 10 days and did not have to test to leave after that. I just went to a doctor and he checked me for symptoms, which I didn't show any the whole time, and he wrote me a letter to present at the airport. It took a few months and many emails and phone calls to get reimbursed and then they shorted me a day in the pay. Still gonna go back but probably try a different insurance out.

Was the DR in Jaco? Can you provide how you found him and his contact? I am in quarantine and concerned about the non contagious virus fragments left in my body

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:14 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Hi all

This is a follow up to b’s post. We have had Two Occasions of positive tests in ten months. All the other guests have tested negative. We were in the process of soft opening the Amistad so we put the 2 guests that tested positive in isolation at the Amistad. Both are asymptomatic and doing well. I encourage everyone to get the extra insurance vaccinated or not as there is no way to guarantee you won’t come in contact with the virus. Both rooms were professional cleaned by a company specializing in covid. If you have any questions please contact Darren. Hopefully this post clears up any questions

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:25 pm 

I thought this was a legit question. Instead of someone providing an answer politely Boynton has to be impolite and try to embarrass the poster. I wonder if he would be so quick to do so face to face. I think not.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:04 pm 

Boynton wrote:
Viejoverde2 wrote:
Eleon Musk had four tests done in rapid succession. Results were. Pösitive, Negative, Positive, Negative. The inventor of the procedure says it is useles for Covid. If they repeat the test someplace, I bet they will be negative. :shock: :? :shock:

That has absolutely no relevance to the 6 tourists going into quarantine, racking up expenses and disrupting schedules. It’s a good thing those 6 didn’t go to the SL, Taormina, or Monica’s. Otherwise there could be others in the same situation when they try to return to the US. :roll:

And that is why when I read the board ( rarely post) I always like to read your posts Boynton along with others that I have learn to trust over the many many years. Honest, straightforward no nonsense. Ya might not like what you will hear but you always deliver the honest truth Glad to still see that, also would like to note the posters has only two previous post therefore I would not take his advice with even a little grain of salt. Thank you again Boynton.... pedro

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:06 pm 

RockinRob1 wrote:

I thought this was a legit question. Instead of someone providing an answer politely Boynton has to be impolite and try to embarrass the poster. I wonder if he would be so quick to do so face to face. I think not.

GFO and I have sat face-to-face on my balcony when I lived in Amon sharing coffee and war stories of mongering. There was no attempt to “embarrass” anyone, just a little Internet forum ball-busting, man up Robby. Gary knows me well enough to contact me directly if he has an issue.

The reality is that no one answer here is a substitute for independent research. For example, the response that national insurance companies reimburse directly could be misleading. While that *may* be true for hospital expenses, would it be true also for hotel? Who knows? What constitutes a “national” insurance company? INS? Sagicor? BCBS? This also would be misleading in that they each offer multiple policies. Also, don’t confuse BCBS in CR and BCBS in the US or International; all apples, but Gala, Macintosh and Granny Smith.

In summary, you would need to check with the company, not the CRT magpies.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:31 pm 

thanks

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next