www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:02 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

I just found out that Sid was in a multi-vehicle accident in Florida on the 15th of August. His passenger succumbed to his injuries and Sid is in pretty bad shape but is healing. Anyone who wants to contribute to a GoFundMe his daughter is administering, I have posted the link below. I do not know her, but I have been friends with Sid for close to 10 years and I know he has a lot of friends on this board. If nothing else put a post on his facebook to help cheer him up and wish him well.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=674632087

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-for-sid ... Ze7822TzYA

This is what she posted on the Go Fund Me site:

On August 15th 2021, our Dad (Sid Owens) was involved in a multi vehicle accident, along with his dear friend (Mr. Phil). Mr. Phil passed away at the scene and went on to be with Jesus and Dad was taken to FWB Medical for treatment. Prior to the accident, Dad had been living with Mr. Phil and taking care of him while he was battling cancer. He was a dear friend and will be greatly missed by all who knew and loved him.

Dad’s injuries included a broken pelvis, broken tail bone, spinal fractures, internal bleeding and a blockage in the small bowel. He received surgery to repair his pelvis but things have since taken a turn for the worse. He currently is in ICU on a ventilator. He has pneumonia, fever, infection, kidney issues and still has the blockage.

Once he gets strong enough to get out of the hospital, he will be moved to the rehab facility to begin physical therapy. As he leaves the rehab center, there will be various expenses and items needed to aid in his continued recovery. He will need to find a vehicle since his was totaled in the accident. He will also need to find a home and cover any expenses incurred while he has been in the hospital.

If you find it in your heart to donate, it will be greatly appreciated. If you are unable to do so, please just say a prayer for him. We appreciate all of your prayers, comments, texts and calls more than you could ever imagine.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:30 pm 

He is a generous man, when he ran "One Lucky Dog" transportation service he was kind enough to donate $100 for a fund raiser we did for employees of HLH who were not paid when the owner declared bankruptcy.
Donation sent :)

There is nothing either good or bad
but thinking makes it so.
HAMLET

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:25 pm 

Here is an update on Sid from his daughter.

It’s Jenna Owens again. Dad is doing much better. He’s off the ventilator and has been moved from ICU to a regular room. I will be going to the hospital to give him his phone soon so that he will be able to communicate with you all. Thanks again for all of the prayers, calls, messages, etc. We truly appreciate you all.