www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 6:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pops has passed
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:47 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Wow! RIP Pops. He will be greatly missed by us all.

Is low self esteem a prerequisite for being a good Ho or is it a result? ;-)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:33 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Pops was certainly an asset to this board and a good guy as well. I first met him on my second trip to CR and had a group of guys flake on taking the tour with him. I met him in the lobby at the Presidente and explained the situation and tried to pay him for everyone that was a no-show. He would not accept a dime and we went for a little stroll down Avenida 4 where we sat at a little bar on the street and watched the girls walking by. He literally opened my eyes as to what more San Jose had to offer. I would occasionally run into him and say hello but passed his info along to many of the guys that I crossed paths with. RIP Pops

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:13 am 

Very sad news, Pops was a great contributor to this board, his tales of life in Costa Rica made ya wanna hop the next jet down to enjoy the fruits of the country. He was always so helpful to anyone, whether they were paying for his guide services or not. Gone from this earth far too soon.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:49 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Shocking and sad news, Pops will be missed by so many. Life is very fragile so enjoy it as Pops did.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:30 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Jawanker wrote:
So very sad. He helped me when I first came to San Jose, as he has countless of us. RIP Pops.

He took care of me on my first trip in Feb 2011 and made sure I wasn't left hanging. My only regret was not following up with him on the day trip to Jaco ee had planned but never did

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:22 am 

Plane fare to Costa Rica Round Trip-- $650.
Hotel stay at Castillo penthouse suites All Inclusive-- $179.
A soiree with a beautiful Latina chica-- $80-$100.
Pops black book-- Priceless.
RIP and I am sorry I am not going to get a chance to meet the GOAT @ Halloween.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:57 pm 

I'm very sad to hear this. I met him about 18 months ago when he picked me up at the airport. Since then I had the pleasure of a few great conversations with him over a few drinks at the Castillo and the Taormina.

Pops you will be missed. RIP

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:01 pm 

This news floored me this morning. My first trip Pops picked me up and guided me through out the trip. We went to La Paz falls Walked around town , meanwhile giving me a lot of good advice. Took me to Monica's. I can still see his smile after my 1st session and asking "feel better" LOL . The following visit I decided to wing it on my own, mistake lol. The next visit he picked me up at the airport after talking and laughing I told him 'I'll take any and all advice and Hey let's go to Monica's tomorrow and I'll buy! He is The Man amongst men ,Pura Vida mi amigo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:57 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Very sad news. I had not made my first trip to CR yet but was planning to soon and he was very generous with advice. RIP.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:52 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

I am very saddened to hear the news about Pops, passing. He always helped me with fishing suggestions and contacts. We had scheduled a trip to Barra Colorado to fish the mighty Tarpons in March/April of this year. That trip fell through for Pops, and I went on without him. I will miss him greatly. He was a very special friend always up for good times. RIP my friend.
Cheers from Bourbon country,
Patron

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:48 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

¡Noticias del peor tipo! Shocking jolt to my Saturday morning! Pops and I shared many a beer and conversation at the SL. He had an eye for the best people to be around and his " connections" for company had many of us smiling after connecting with his referral! RIP mi hermano, te voy a extrañar mucho!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:09 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

I am still in shock. I was with Pops and a small group friends and family at his apartment for a 4th of July BBQ earlier in the month. He drove me to Jaco, and I communicated with him daily while I was there. After returning to San Jose, I had dinner and drinks with him at SL on Monday night, and he was his usual jovial self. He took me to the airport on Tuesday morning and we had a great chat along the way. He texted with me on Wednesday during the day to make sure that I made it back home and all was good. That night he passed away. It all seems so surreal.

He lived and enjoyed life right up to the end and didn't suffer. For that I am thankful. For those who didn't know him well, he was a very generous man who was quietly helping other people as he put it "trying to make a difference one person at a time". I know those people must be feeling his loss now, too.

RIP, mi amigo. Serás extrañado por muchos. Te buscare del otro lado.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:45 pm 

Location: Sex Felony State (most other places p4p is just another day!)
When I logged in this morning I could not believe it. I am very saddened and upset to see that Pops has left us so young.

I first met Pops in Havana hotel in the late 2000s. I was joking with the chicas flicking my tongue out like a lizard and he was doing it also then the chicas started laughing having fun us.

Rest In Peace Sir. You will surely be missed.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:34 pm 

Pops would have been 72 on August 29 of this year. Although his energy level was high until the end, he was aware of a decline. He helped me during my relocation to San Jose and was my neighbor for three years. Without his support in all the issues of CR life, I would still be only an occasional visitor. Pops was helping me relocate to Rohrmoser these past few weeks.

He and I did not see eye-to-eye on some issues, but he had the style and class to focus on those areas we had in common. I was prepared to lose him as a neighbor, but not as a friend also. San Jose is truly a pair-o-dice, not just for the chicas but also for the loose knit community of expat mongers that live here. He was happy and joking the night before he passed and was found on his sofa the next day dressed and looking ready for the adventure of a new day. I believe he is just doing it in a different location. If there is a Valhalla, Ed is there with flicking his tongue at a few blonde haired, blue eyed maidens.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:15 pm 

Boynton wrote:
Pops would have been 72 on August 29 of this year. Although his energy level was high until the end, he was aware of a decline. He helped me during my relocation to San Jose and was my neighbor for three years. Without his support in all the issues of CR life, I would still be only an occasional visitor. Pops was helping me relocate to Rohrmoser these past few weeks.

He and I did not see eye-to-eye on some issues, but he had the style and class to focus on those areas we had in common. I was prepared to lose him as a neighbor, but not as a friend also. San Jose is truly a pair-o-dice, not just for the chicas but also for the loose knit community of expat mongers that live here. He was happy and joking the night before he passed and was found on his sofa the next day dressed and looking ready for the adventure of a new day. I believe he is just doing it in a different location. If there is a Valhalla, Ed is there with flicking his tongue at a few blonde haired, blue eyed maidens.

I know B, that the loss of your neighbor and close friend must have hit you really hard. All of us old farts can hear the clock ticking in the background.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next