www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pops has passed
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:33 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

My cousin came down some months ago to see me and get some dental work done and we went to Monica's a couple days before he was to leave.

He picked an attendant and then about 10 minutes later a new fresh one appeared and I grabbed her, so he was 10 minutes ahead of me finishing his session.

He was trying to find out where and how to get the Covid test before leaving, didn't know where to go or how to go about it, he was staying with me and I didn't know and he was frustrated over the entire issue.

He met Pops after his session, Pops was waiting on a girl he preferred, my cousin not knowing who he was or that I knew him, and asked him if he might know.

When I got out and saw Pops, I chatted with him a few minutes and we left.

As we got into my cousin's rental car, he had a map to Biblica Hospital from Monica's Pops drew out for him, an explanation that it was being done on the rooftop of the garage where they would take the test in your car, and had received a full explanation of everything else and how it's handled by Pops.

As we drove off he remarked, "That friend of yours is such an incredibly nice guy, I'm not worried about this issue now, he reassured me it was no big deal." We headed straight to Biblica since Monica's was close, got everything done fast.

That's how I'll remember Pops, an exceedingly nice guy going out of his way to help a total stranger...

Last edited by Netgems on Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:40 pm 

Netgems wrote:
My cousin came down some months ago to see me and get some dental work done and we went to Monica's a couple days before he was to leave.

He picked an attendant and then about 10 minutes later a new fresh one appeared and I grabbed her, so he was 10 minutes ahead of me getting out.

He was trying to find out where and how to get the Covid test before leaving, didn't know where to go or how to go about it, he was staying with me and I didn't know. He met Pops after his session, not knowing who he was or that I knew him, and asked him if he might know.

When I got out and saw Pops, I chatted with him a few minutes and we left.

As we got into my cousin's rental car, he had a map to Biblica Hospital from Monica's Pops drew out for him, an explanation that it was being done on the rooftop of the garage where they would take the test in your car, and had received a full explanation of everything else and how it's handled by Pops.

As we drove off he remarked, "That friend of yours is such an incredibly nice guy, I'm not worried about this issue now, he reassured me it was no big deal." We headed straight to Biblica since Monica's was close, got everything done fast.

That's how I'll remember Pops, an exceedingly nice guy going out of his way to help a total stranger...

Good story and good tribute Netgems.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:01 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

What!!?? Oh no!! it’s my first time on here in a few days….I had the pleasure of meeting Ed the past few times that I was in CR and kept in touch with him. Just terrible news..RIP my friend

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:46 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Two of the most standout people I will never forget (from CR) are Carlos (from La Amistad) and Pops (Ed Hansen) j99

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:49 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

RIP Ed.... great guy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:09 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

I have known Ed for a number of years. He was in a group of friends I could count on seeing when ever I was in town. The first time I met him was in La Amistad. We discussed my travels to the PI, vietnam and Thailand as well as fishing the Black Bass.
I remember sitting in the Blue Marlin Bar and his evaluations of the local talent. When he gave me a recommendation .....He Was Spot-On.
It wont be the same without running in to Ed..
Rest in Peace My Friend.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:27 pm 

I am sharing this with the knowledge and consent of Ed's Costa Rican wife. For those interested, she has Ed's cell phone and can receive condolence messages.

There will be a vigil in the chapel of the central church of Guadalupe beginning at 9am on August 5. He will also be remembered at mass on the same day. I am working with his wife to confirm, but from what I can piece together that would be the Parish of Our Lady of Guadalupe and their web site lists mass times of 8am, 4pm, and 6pm. That's about all I know several members have pm'd me to inquire.

I am not aware of any hobby oriented remembrances, so if you go to the vigil don't hit on the hotties in the penguin costumes.

On a personal note, I am moving tomorrow from Amon to Pavas. I will probably be busy and not responding to pm's from the board for a few days.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:30 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

POPS! Thank you for your life and for every single positive contribution you have made to our lives.
I'm happy you went peacefully. Rest in the Peace you deserve POPS!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:59 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

I had just met pops and he was helping me with my upcoming trip August 25th with a guide I have a name and pic but no contact info guess. Will need to start over texted with him on Wednesday

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:23 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

RIP Pops. I met him when he picked me up at the airport 8-9 years ago. Great guy. You will be missed Ed! Safe journey...

This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No advice, tourist or travel promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided compensation (monetary or otherwise) for this potentially entertaining contribution

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:59 pm 

Gentlemen,
I am so shocked and sad to hear this news about Ed. He was a great friend and was in good health. He will be missed at Sportsmens Lodge.

Bill

This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No "Sex tourism or travel" promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided any compensation for this hopefully entertaining contribution. Any posts regarding any event or hotel item are just my humble opinions only.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:54 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

I believe he left this world a better place that he found it, and I got the feeling he left with a smile on his face.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:45 pm 

RIP Pops. At least he died at home and not in a massage parlor.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:01 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

I agree Orange.. we come into this world in a very real way. It is only truly proper.. to exit from the very same door

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:37 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Met Pops on my first visit back in 2005 I think. He showed me around and we saw just about every mp there was in San Jose. Had my first Tica up in the room that looks like a Pirate Ship in the Pirate Club.. Gave him a big enough tip to have his own fun. What a great guy and a loss to us all. Cop by trade, and would help anyone who asked and deserved it. RIP.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next