www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Pops has passed
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:37 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Miamiheller wrote:
A shout out to the CRT members who have generously given to the GoFundMe for Pop's family. In 3 days the GoFundMe is well on its way to its fundraising goal. I was talking to Pops' widow this morning, and she cried when she realized how so many of Pops' friends helped her and her boys in their time of need.

Thank you CRT!

This morning Pops' widow received the total $$ donated to date, which is a pretty substantial sum. She is extremely grateful to all who gave generously to help her and her boys.

Thanks again CRT!

P.S. A special thank you to Mr. Admin for allowing us to publish the link to the GoFundMe on the board, and also to Boynton for his support.

mh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:24 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

POPS' FUNDRAISER REACHED ITS GOAL!!!

Somewhere up there Pops is smiling down on all of you in gratitude.

Thanks CRT!

mh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:34 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Miamiheller wrote:
POPS' FUNDRAISER REACHED ITS GOAL!!!

Somewhere up there Pops is smiling down on all of you in gratitude.

Thanks CRT!

mh

Great news!! Awesome job with this Miami!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:42 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Si Senor! Awesome! Guys like you (MH) and Pops make the world a better place!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:57 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Was very sorry to hear of Pops' passing. The news I got via WhatsApp from his widow, and couldn't reach for my wallet quick enough to donate.

What a guy he was. I only met him the once for the first time I was in CR back in Oct '19, but what a tour I got that week. Amazingly likeable guy with the best stories.

I'd been rooting for the Bulldogs on a Saturday during CFB season ever since I met him. Nice to think he's up there watching them as the #1 seed with a National Championship on deck. Certainly makes me smile.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:50 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

It is hard to believe that Ed is gone. We were friends. There is nothing that Ed wouldn't do for a friend and I mean NOTHING.
I smile every time I think about him and the times we shared.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:33 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Does anyone have a contact number for Ed's wife? We kept in contact and the number I have for her is not working. I am coming down there this Saturday. Like Ed, I am a retired Police Officer and just got a disability. I wanted to meet up with her and give her money directly etc to help her out. Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:58 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

WOW. After 2 years away from CR and this forum, I come back to find out Ed/POPS is no longer with us. Extremely sad to hear this. I didnt make many friends at the SL through the years. I kinda kept to myself. But POPS was one of the few that I connected with on this forum, He also came through to the SL when I landed my first day in 2015. Offered to give me a tour and we watched the games back at the bar. Last connected with him end of 2020

I recall he told me he had a family and a son, I hope they are well. I was actually logging back in here to message him and let him know im coming back and to see how everything is going.

Anyways im bummed to hear this. My condolences to all his family, friends, and the entire CRT family.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:41 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I'm late to this but RIP! I met Ed when he helped me out on my first and only trip to CR, ~5 years ago. I had a nasty cold during that trip so I never did do the country right and I just booked my first return visit. Saddened to read of Ed's passing. I was going to look him up after I RTFF. He was quite a guy and I've thought many times since about how much he enjoyed the life he built in SJ. He knew so many amazing women and was extremely generous. He would have loved to see what's become of the Bulldogs these last couple years though.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7