www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:08 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Fieldtech wrote:
Can anyone that’s travelled recently comment on the entry requirements?

I was just there in August. Even though I’m vaxed, I got the insurance which was cheap IMO for the peace of mind and I plan on getting it again for this trip. I used Sagicor last time and will probably go with the same again.

Is registering for the health pass still within 48 hours of travel date to get the QR code?

Thanks in advance.

Hey Fieldtech…this is the most up to date info..

“All visitors must also complete an online Health Pass (pasa de Salud) 48 hours prior to travel to Costa Rica. The Health Pass can be found at https://salud.go.cr”.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:43 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

I have always created a new Health Pass each trip. If I use the Health Pass edit function so re-entering the vaccine card is not necessary, will that suffice for entry to hotels, restaurants and other public venues?

I am assuming the Health Pass will be used for visitor proof of vaccine and something new will not be created.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:01 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

bfpsu12 wrote:
Fieldtech wrote:
Can anyone that’s travelled recently comment on the entry requirements?

I was just there in August. Even though I’m vaxed, I got the insurance which was cheap IMO for the peace of mind and I plan on getting it again for this trip. I used Sagicor last time and will probably go with the same again.

Is registering for the health pass still within 48 hours of travel date to get the QR code?

Thanks in advance.

Hey Fieldtech…this is the most up to date info..

“All visitors must also complete an online Health Pass (pasa de Salud) 48 hours prior to travel to Costa Rica. The Health Pass can be found at https://salud.go.cr”.

Appreciate it!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:38 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

COVID TESTS

https://store.usps.com/store/product/sh ... s-P_TKIT22

Last edited by Rolleratnight on Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:12 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

I just was able to complete the Health Pass and it is 60 hours from my take off. Since they didn't ask for my flight departure time just the day, I am assuming the web site is looking at a three day window before departure to allow you to complete the pass.

I uploaded my Vax card AND insurance documents from Trawick and got the QR code immediately.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:02 am 

Has anyone tried the edit function on a prior health pass to keep from having to re-upload vaccine records.l, passport, name, etc. Uploading travel insurance may or my not complicate editing. If vaccinated travel insurance does not need to be uploaded.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:15 am 

GFO wrote:
Has anyone tried the edit function on a prior health pass to keep from having to re-upload vaccine records.l, passport, name, etc. Uploading travel insurance may or my not complicate editing. If vaccinated travel insurance does not need to be uploaded.

I have not tried using the Edit function for any reason other than simply re-generating an code for a current visit. But the Pase de Salud web site explicitly states "Every passenger must fill out the Health Pass every time they travel to Costa Rica." later on the same page you have to click a box acknowledging "I have read and understand the information and accept these terms."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:43 am 

You're also unable to change your flight information once entered at the beginning of the process.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:21 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Just finished doing insurance from Sagicor and registration for my QR code. I didn’t use the edit function from my last trip and started over fresh.

I never saw a place to or was asked for a pic upload of my vax card. My last trip in August had it but not this time unless I missed it. Got my QR code anyways!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:18 pm 

Fieldtech wrote:
Just finished doing insurance from Sagicor and registration for my QR code. I didn’t use the edit function from my last trip and started over fresh.

I never saw a place to or was asked for a pic upload of my vax card. My last trip in August had it but not this time unless I missed it. Got my QR code anyways!

You may need that QR to get into places, and not sure if it works if you are not shown as vaccinated.

My understanding is that this is the same QR code you use to show you are vaccinated, which you will need to get into hotels, restaurants, etc.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:39 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Zeos wrote:
Fieldtech wrote:

You may need that QR to get into places, and not sure if it works if you are not shown as vaccinated.

My understanding is that this is the same QR code you use to show you are vaccinated, which you will need to get into hotels, restaurants, etc.

I just went back and went through the whole process again and figured out what I did wrong.

Funny thing is that it generated the same QR code and number. Hopefully it all works correctly!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:13 pm 

Fieldtech
The options on the forms are built dynamically depending on the data you fill in. So, it might be that when you indicated you have insurance the web page might not have presented you the option to upload a vaccination certificate. Once you certify you have qualifying insurance, your vaccination status is moot relating to immigration, but would be insufficient to get you into the SL.

Zeos
I think there may be some confusion between "Pase de Salud" QR Code (used to allow entry into the country) and the "Covid 19 Vaccination Status" QR Code. I believe they are still two different things. I have only heard of people entering the SL with a Pase de Salud and showing the actual hard copy of their US "CDC Vaccination Record Card". I believe the scanning app only reads the Costa Rica reads the Covid 19 Vaccination Status.

My Experience
Today I returned to CR from a short trip to the US. This was my first entry since receiving residency. Last night when I filled out the Pase de Salud form, I did so with my DIMEX (residency ID). I was only asked if my CAJA payments were up to date. I did not have to have additional insurance or upload any vaccination proof.

Question
Has anyone reported being able to enter the SL using only their Pase de Salud QR code?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:43 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Boynton wrote:
Fieldtech
The options on the forms are built dynamically depending on the data you fill in. So, it might be that when you indicated you have insurance the web page might not have presented you the option to upload a vaccination certificate. Once you certify you have qualifying insurance, your vaccination status is moot relating to immigration, but would be insufficient to get you into the SL.

Zeos
I think there may be some confusion between "Pase de Salud" QR Code (used to allow entry into the country) and the "Covid 19 Vaccination Status" QR Code. I believe they are still two different things. I have only heard of people entering the SL with a Pase de Salud and showing the actual hard copy of their US "CDC Vaccination Record Card". I believe the scanning app only reads the Costa Rica reads the Covid 19 Vaccination Status.

My Experience
Today I returned to CR from a short trip to the US. This was my first entry since receiving residency. Last night when I filled out the Pase de Salud form, I did so with my DIMEX (residency ID). I was only asked if my CAJA payments were up to date. I did not have to have additional insurance or upload any vaccination proof.

Question
Has anyone reported being able to enter the SL using only their Pase de Salud QR code?

I misread the part about receiving a health certificate and changed my answer. Then answered all the vax questions, dates and uploaded the card. It still asked for the insurance info which I put in. I’m wondering if you enter insurance info it sees you as unvaxed because I got the exact same code as the first time when I didn’t enter my vax info.

Either way, I’m getting on a plane in the morning.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:45 pm 

Boynton wrote:
Fieldtech

Zeos

My Experience

Question

I had read earlier on some CR government site, that they were going to make dual use of the QR from the Pase de Salud - for tourists only - for both entry and vaccination proof. But, it is quite possible that this did not work out (some various posts seemed to suggest that). So if that is the case then be sure to carry the physical card with you. Or whatever proof you carry in your home state or country.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:50 pm 

Also, make sure you know your Credit Card PIN after February 1, but that is a whole other issue.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next