www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:50 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Went through immigration yesterday, Aug 19. Couple of things on the current situation.

Health Pass: The website has changed very little. If you read the narrative it will still tell you insurance is required. However they have added a question asking if you have been vaccinated outside Costa Rica. If you answer yes, you then get a series of questions about which vaccine and dates.

If it is an approved vaccine in CR and two weeks after the last dose you can upload documents. I uploaded a cell phone photo of my CDC card. It then asks if you want to upload your insurance documents. Implying it is still needed after you just entered vaccination info. I said no and was then given the QR Code.

The Health Pass website at no place I found tells you that with vaccination proof you no longer need insurance. Actually it keeps telling you the opposite. You have to have confidence in knowing it is no longer required.

Yesterday in Immigration they scanned the QR Code and asked no further questions.

Previously Immigration gave you the number of days your insurance was good. With the proof of vaccination I was given 90 days.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:40 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

bulldog10 wrote:
Went through immigration yesterday, Aug 19. Couple of things on the current situation.

Health Pass: The website has changed very little. If you read the narrative it will still tell you insurance is required. However they have added a question asking if you have been vaccinated outside Costa Rica. If you answer yes, you then get a series of questions about which vaccine and dates.

If it is an approved vaccine in CR and two weeks after the last dose you can upload documents. I uploaded a cell phone photo of my CDC card. It then asks if you want to upload your insurance documents. Implying it is still needed after you just entered vaccination info. I said no and was then given the QR Code.

The Health Pass website at no place I found tells you that with vaccination proof you no longer need insurance. Actually it keeps telling you the opposite. You have to have confidence in knowing it is no longer required.

Yesterday in Immigration they scanned the QR Code and asked no further questions.

Previously Immigration gave you the number of days your insurance was good. With the proof of vaccination I was given 90 days.

Thanks Bulldog, useful info.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:16 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Thanks for the update. It will come in handy as I leave friday.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:53 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

I was informed earlier today via a chat from a representative of Sagicor insurance that fully vaccinated US travelers do not currently need to purchase insurance or fill out the health pass. He stated all that was needed was the vaccination card.

Can anyone confirm this?

I should be in SJ in September...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:16 pm 

JasonL wrote:
I was informed earlier today via a chat from a representative of Sagicor insurance that fully vaccinated US travelers do not currently need to purchase insurance or fill out the health pass. He stated all that was needed was the vaccination card.

Can anyone confirm this?

I should be in SJ in September...

You also need to give the secret handshake as detailed 3 posts up.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:14 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Can confirm no insurance if vaccinated. Got my QR code yesterday and flew through customs today.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:55 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

I know of 2 vaccinated people contracting COVID-19 resulting in demise. One vaccinated person who contracted COVID-19 and was hospitalized with bilateral pneumonia, requiring O2 administration. One vaccinated person who contracted COVID-19, was asymptomatic but experienced the “long haul symptoms.”

They were in their 40s and 50s.

That health insurance is cheap. Just get it and include it in your travel expenses. In these times it is unwise to roll the dice. There are no guarantees.

Last edited by Rolleratnight on Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:44 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Good advice for those of us over the 60 year mark. The price for the insurance outweighs the cost of being hospitalized or put in isolation for 2 weeks. I'll get the insurance when I come down in Dec.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:34 pm 

great information looking to get back to finish dental. Thanks again and look forward to more posts pedro

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:34 pm 

Hadish wrote:
Good advice for those of us over the 60 year mark. The price for the insurance outweighs the cost of being hospitalized or put in isolation for 2 weeks. I'll get the insurance when I come down in Dec.

amen to that

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:39 pm 

Am fully vaccinated. Late 60’s. Leaving tonight and spent the $93 with Trawick for the more comprehensive package. Who in their right mind is so cheap that they wouldn’t spend $50 to $100 for insurance, especially since most in this forum will be active in sharing bodily fluids etc.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:23 pm 

BondTrader wrote:
Am fully vaccinated. Late 60’s. Leaving tonight and spent the $93 with Trawick for the more comprehensive package. Who in their right mind is so cheap that they wouldn’t spend $50 to $100 for insurance, especially since most in this forum will be active in sharing bodily fluids etc.

When you go here it says you have to buy one of three: Grupo INS or Sagicor or BCBS Costa Rica. https://salud.go.cr/step1

Will they accept Trawick for entry?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:12 pm 

Rolleratnight wrote:
BondTrader wrote:

When you go here it says you have to buy one of three: Grupo INS or Sagicor or BCBS Costa Rica. https://salud.go.cr/step1

I does NOT say you have to buy one if those three.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/or

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:22 pm 

Rolleratnight wrote:

I have entered 4 times with Trawick

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:56 pm 

Boynton wrote:
Rolleratnight wrote:
BondTrader wrote:

I does NOT say you have to buy one if those three.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/or

Ok “authorized” and “unauthorized” will not let you get your health pass

“Minimum coverage of USD $2,000 for extended lodging expenses due to quarantine or can purchase a local insurance, offered by one of the authorized local insurance provider:
Grupo INS
Sagicor
BlueCross BlueShield“

And we all know vaccinated don’t have to buy it if they want to roll the dice.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/petty

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next