www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:00 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Ilv4play wrote:
Rolleratnight wrote:
Will they accept Trawick for entry?

I have entered 4 times with Trawick

When was the last time? I thought it only accepted the 3 they listed.

I have been vaccinated, is Trawick the best?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:18 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

The least expensive with basically the same coverage or better.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:13 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Rolleratnight wrote:
Ilv4play wrote:
Rolleratnight wrote:
Will they accept Trawick for entry?

I have entered 4 times with Trawick

When was the last time? I thought it only accepted the 3 they listed.

I have been vaccinated, is Trawick the best?

On the off chance you are not Deliberately trying to make this confusing, here is a straight answer.

They accept
1. Any International Policy that provides $50,000 medical coverage and $2,000 quarantine.
OR
2. An authorized national policy. The three listed are the ones authorized. They provide $20,000 of medical and the same $2,000 housing. I have heard reports that they directly pay some providers.

------------

Trawick offers 5 policies that meet number 1 above. You can buy these policies directly from the Trawick.com website or via the Insubuy.com website. I have purchased both ways. The prices sometimes vary between them. A description of the different Trawick policies is here: https://www.trawickinternational.com/tr ... -insurance

I have used the Trawick Travels Explorer twice. My last entry was August 19.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:53 pm 

Boynton wrote:

On the off chance you are not Deliberately trying to make this confusing, here is a straight answer.

They accept
1. Any International Policy that provides $50,000 medical coverage and $2,000 quarantine.
OR
2. An authorized national policy. The three listed are the ones authorized. They provide $20,000 of medical and the same $2,000 housing. I have heard reports that they directly pay some providers.

------------

Trawick offers 5 policies that meet number 1 above. You can buy these policies directly from the Trawick.com website or via the Insubuy.com website. I have purchased both ways. The prices sometimes vary between them. A description of the different Trawick policies is here: https://www.trawickinternational.com/tr ... -insurance

I have used the Trawick Travels Explorer twice. My last entry was August 19.

Thanks Boynton. And their prices aren’t bad. I am getting it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:49 pm 

Whichever policy and vendor you choose keep in mind that if you encounter a web site glitch they may not have customer support on holidays or weekends. You can purchase anytime after you buy your tickets and before you fill out the web form for the health pass. I have never had a glitch, but I have heard of others having one. I suggest buying the insurance about a week before you leave.

The site to apply for the Health Pass asks if you have had any of several COVID symptoms 2 days before your flight. Obviously, that means you cannot apply earlier than that. This can make some travelers nervous. The web pages seem to have been written in Spanish and then translated into English so phrases can sound awkward. Just take it slow and read the screens carefully. I have flown 5 times since the travel restrictions were lifted and I have always received the QR code immediately after completing the form.

Good luck

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:08 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

FYI on Ins. My Medicare plan has worldwide medical coverage with a $90 deductible. You may want to check with your plan for coverage. :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:38 pm 

kwadd wrote:
FYI on Ins. My Medicare plan has worldwide medical coverage with a $90 deductible. You may want to check with your plan for coverage. :D

I have a Medicare supplement that also has international coverage (up to $25K) after meeting the plan deductible. One thing that my policy and othe similar policies probably won't cover are the additional expenses for lodging, food and additional travel expense in the event you test positive for Covid and have to extend your trip and quarantine before returning to the states.

Be sure to read your existing policy carefully and call your Medicare advantage plan or supplement insurance provider if you are not sure of the extent of their Covid coverages. Apparently it is pretty easy to catch Covid and remain asymptomatic even if you are vaccinated. You could get stuck with a pretty big bill for those expenses.

For my October trip, I am going to go ahead and get the Trawick policy even though I have had the two Pfizer shots. For 22 days coverage it was only $86. Pretty cheap for peace of mind.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:05 pm 

kwadd wrote:

That would not be acceptable (most likely). It has to have very specific language about covering quarantine lodging expenses and a few other things as specified by Costa Rica. So it is not normal medical coverage but a specific Covid-19 coverage as they require.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:14 pm 

Hi Just to clarify I inquired about medical coverage ,twice specifically about contracting covid while in CR. I did not mention anything about quarantine cost :|

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:32 pm 

kwadd wrote:
Hi Just to clarify I inquired about medical coverage ,twice specifically about contracting covid while in CR. I did not mention anything about quarantine cost :|

Right...that may be good coverage, but I thought we were talking about coverage that met the Costa Rica entry requirements. I also have very good coverage for travel, but it does not meet the specific requirements for entry to Costa Rica.

But, if you are already fully vaccinated you do not need a policy that covers the specific Costa Rica requirements, and in that case normal out of country coverage may be great.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:08 pm 

kwadd wrote:

If I may ask, which specific Medicare plan do you use? Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:36 pm 

Got a quote on Trawick outbound 50000/2000 plan. 5 days I am under 50. Quote was $20.95 Is that right was told to expect around $9 a day

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:54 am 

Gatorsrule wrote:
Got a quote on Trawick outbound 50000/2000 plan. 5 days I am under 50. Quote was $20.95 Is that right was told to expect around $9 a day

I got one for 7 days and I am over 50.

Coverage Purchased - Benefits Per Person
Trip Cost (Total)
$3,000.00
Trip Delay Max
$4,000.00

Safe Travels Voyager
Premium Paid
$180.72

Yes, I know it’s a lot, but I tried to get the most coverage.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:14 am 

The elevated cost is probably due to the $3000 trip cost and the increased coverages of the Voyager vs. the Explorer plans. The premium price increases pretty dramatically as you increase the cost over $1000. Regardless it is still a good idea to have it, vaccinated or not.

I am just over 65 and for 24 days it was $88 with Trawick. I got the Safe Travelers Explorer policy with the default coverages and I used $1200 for the trip cost as that was the largest amount I could enter before the premium started to go up. That number is a moving target. Sometimes anything over $500 will increase the premium. You just have to experiment with the amount in the quote tool until you are happy.

The default coverages for the Explorer policy are:

Trip Cancellation 100% of Trip Cost
Trip Interruption 100% of Trip Cost
Trip Delay $2000 (12 hours/$150 per day) (pays for food and lodging if you test positive)
Baggage & Personal Effects $750
Baggage Delay $200 (24 hours)
Medical Expense $50,000
Dental Coverage $750
Medical Evacuation & Repatriation $200,000
Common Carrier AD&D (Flight Only) $20,000
Worldwide 24/7 Non-Insurance and Emergency Assistance Services Included

Enjoy your trip and stay healthy.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:13 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Should up date that they removed travel insurance cost if full vaccinated on approves vaccines 14 days prior to arrival.

My last two trips I got travel insurance. I won't need it this trip.

Here is the information listed:
As of August 1, 2021, all tourists who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and inoculated with Moderna, Pfizer-BioNTech, AstraZeneca or Johnson & Johnson can enter the country without a travel policy. The last dose of the vaccine must have been applied at least 14 days before arrival in Costa Rica.

Vaccinated tourists must attach the vaccination certificate to the Health Pass. As proof, vaccination certificates and vaccination cards that contain at least the following information will be accepted:

1. Name of the person who received the vaccine

2. Date of each dose

3. Pharmaceutical house

In the case of U.S. travelers, the "COVID-19 vaccination record card" will be accepted.

Tourists not vaccinated, with incomplete vaccination or vaccinated with a serum other than those admitted by the Costa Rican authorities, must purchase mandatory travel insurance that covers lodging in case of quarantine and medical expenses due to COVID-19 disease as detailed below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next