www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:25 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

From today’s Tico Times….. https://ticotimes.net/2021/06/15/50-off ... costa-rica

“Southwest Airlines has launched a 50% off sale for its 50th anniversary, and the promotion includes flights to Costa Rica.
Book here with the code “SAVE50” for the discount. The following conditions apply:
Travel must be booked between June 15 and June 17, 2021.
The discount is valid for travel between September 15 and November 3, 2021.
The 50% discount applies to the base fare, and not to taxes and fees, which can be relatively high on international flights.
This promotion applies to all revenue fare types (Wanna Get Away, Anytime, and Business Select).
Southwest Airlines offers flights to Costa Rica from Houston (HOU) and Baltimore/Washington (BWI). It’s planning a new route from Denver (DEN), but that won’t start until mid-November.
The Texas-based carrier resumed flights to Costa Rica earlier this month.
“Costa Rica is a country unlike any other and has so much to offer visitors from exhilarating adventures, like zip-lining through the rainforest, to picturesque beaches along the Pacific Ocean or the Caribbean Sea where you can relax and recharge – not to mention the delicious food that awaits you!” the airline says.
“It’s no wonder that Costa Rica and its natural beauty (one of the most bio-diverse regions in the world), exotic wildlife, and rich culture have become a favorite for our customers.”
Nine airlines offer direct connections between Costa Rica and the United States, the country’s main tourism market: Delta Air Lines, United Airlines, Alaska, American Airlines, JetBlue, Spirit, Sun Country, Frontier (as of July 1) and Southwest (as of June 6).
Using the promotion, we’ve found one-way tickets between Houston and Costa Rica as low as $97. Flights include two checked bags”

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:21 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

bfpsu12 wrote:
From today’s Tico Times….. https://ticotimes.net/2021/06/15/50-off ... costa-rica

“Southwest Airlines has launched a 50% off sale for its 50th anniversary, and the promotion includes flights to Costa Rica.
Book here with the code “SAVE50” for the discount. The following conditions apply:
Travel must be booked between June 15 and June 17, 2021.
The discount is valid for travel between September 15 and November 3, 2021.
The 50% discount applies to the base fare, and not to taxes and fees, which can be relatively high on international flights.
This promotion applies to all revenue fare types (Wanna Get Away, Anytime, and Business Select).
Southwest Airlines offers flights to Costa Rica from Houston (HOU) and Baltimore/Washington (BWI). It’s planning a new route from Denver (DEN), but that won’t start until mid-November.
The Texas-based carrier resumed flights to Costa Rica earlier this month.
“Costa Rica is a country unlike any other and has so much to offer visitors from exhilarating adventures, like zip-lining through the rainforest, to picturesque beaches along the Pacific Ocean or the Caribbean Sea where you can relax and recharge – not to mention the delicious food that awaits you!” the airline says.
“It’s no wonder that Costa Rica and its natural beauty (one of the most bio-diverse regions in the world), exotic wildlife, and rich culture have become a favorite for our customers.”
Nine airlines offer direct connections between Costa Rica and the United States, the country’s main tourism market: Delta Air Lines, United Airlines, Alaska, American Airlines, JetBlue, Spirit, Sun Country, Frontier (as of July 1) and Southwest (as of June 6).
Using the promotion, we’ve found one-way tickets between Houston and Costa Rica as low as $97. Flights include two checked bags”

Just a note, I read this and was curious what the rates might be. I tried several dates and airports from the southeast USA. The Southwest web site kept showing the discount was not available. I did search in CR, but using VPN to simulate being in Miami.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:24 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

I got an email ad from Southwest Airlines this morning touting the same 50% off. I already have my tickets for my upcoming trip (on a different airline), but I have flown Southwest to Costa Rica previously, it was comfortable (or as comfortable as US airlines get), and I was curious, so I ran the numbers to see if the Southwest tickets were really a bargain. And at least from the route that I take to get to Costa Rica and the times that I fly, I saw no significant difference in fares than when I shopped Southwest tickets a couple of months ago. Granted, both then and now I could have flown for less if I wanted to fly at or before the crack of dawn, fly multiple stops overnight, or the like. But your basic reasonable itineraries were effectively the same. The prices were OK, but I sure didn't see a 50% difference.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:32 pm 

YMMV :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:56 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

I booked Southwest one-way from Kansas City to SJO for $90 !! That is a totally crazy price.
Because of connections I can't fly Southwest back to KC, but for that on the front end, I'll figure it out.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:09 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

I just read more carefully what was posted above. The $90 fare I just booked was outside the November 3 window. If you have plans past the window, check the fares. I booked another fare within the window for $129.

Airline pricing is always a mystery. Trying to figure it out logically will only make your brain hurt. Check fares and jump on good deals when they come up. My $90 fare has almost no downside. With no change fee I can always apply it a different ticket if it doesn’t work out.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:02 pm 

Booked Dallas Love Field Sept. 15 to Sept 20 for $275 RT to SJO GREAT PRICE THANKS CRT