Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Covid testing at SJO
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 5:56 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Starts tomorrow, $65
https://www.crhoy.com/nacionales/aeropu ... -covid-19/

As of this May 14, the Juan Santamaría International Airport (AIJS) rapid test laboratory will have a laboratory for the detection of COVID-19. The service is given with the intention that passengers comply with the entry requirements to some destinations in the world, regain the confidence of travel and Juan Santamaría Airport April 2021 have the results in a very short time. The facilitation of the tests is carried out together with the Echandi Laboratories staff, who, through a consortium with Morpho Travel Retail, are in charge of operating the service. Federico Echandi, general manager of the laboratory in charge of the operation, indicated that international passengers who require it will receive the service in English and everyone will have the possibility to book their appointment through this website.

What is the process?
The space designated for the diagnostic testing laboratory has an area greater than 400 m2. It is located 600 meters northwest of the international flights terminal, on the road to San Antonio del Tejar, which allows for sample treatment and separation of passenger flow to avoid congestion of travelers at the main airport facilities. For the transfer of people, a 24-hour transportation service is available with the facilities required by Law 7600. Parking space is also offered for travelers who have a rental vehicle or who arrive with their families. The process of taking the sample and delivering the result is a maximum of one hour. Therefore, passengers are recommended to go to the laboratory 4 hours before the departure of their flight. Travelers must present the airline reservation as well as their passport. The antigen test costs $ 65 (plus sales tax) and the result is delivered electronically, or in print.

Other characteristics of the service are:

- There is an area for queues, a waiting room for results and an isolation area for positive cases.
- Bilingual customer service staff (Spanish-English).
- Staff to maintain order of people.
- Security team in charge of taking care of equipment and materials.
- Cleaning and sanitizing personnel required to meet applicable standards.
- The operation of the service will be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Appointment reservations can also be made by reading the QR code.

To date, the rapid antigen test is recognized to enter the United States and required in the Netherlands, both destinations with direct connection from the Juan Santamaría International Airport.

"With this new COVID-19 detection test laboratory service, we are at the forefront of the main terminals, preserving health and mitigating the possibility of contagion, always thinking about the well-being of passengers in areas of the world, because the priority in travel facilitation is to and from the different destinations, "said Rafael Mencía, Executive Director of Aeris.

Post subject: Re: Covid testing at SJO
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 11:22 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Boynton wrote:
Starts tomorrow, $65
https://www.crhoy.com/nacionales/aeropu ... -covid-19/

As of this May 14, the Juan Santamaría International Airport (AIJS) rapid test laboratory will have a laboratory for the detection of COVID-19. The service is given with the intention that passengers comply with the entry requirements to some destinations in the world, regain the confidence of travel and Juan Santamaría Airport April 2021 have the results in a very short time. The facilitation of the tests is carried out together with the Echandi Laboratories staff, who, through a consortium with Morpho Travel Retail, are in charge of operating the service. Federico Echandi, general manager of the laboratory in charge of the operation, indicated that international passengers who require it will receive the service in English and everyone will have the possibility to book their appointment through this website.

What is the process?
The space designated for the diagnostic testing laboratory has an area greater than 400 m2. It is located 600 meters northwest of the international flights terminal, on the road to San Antonio del Tejar, which allows for sample treatment and separation of passenger flow to avoid congestion of travelers at the main airport facilities. For the transfer of people, a 24-hour transportation service is available with the facilities required by Law 7600. Parking space is also offered for travelers who have a rental vehicle or who arrive with their families. The process of taking the sample and delivering the result is a maximum of one hour. Therefore, passengers are recommended to go to the laboratory 4 hours before the departure of their flight. Travelers must present the airline reservation as well as their passport. The antigen test costs $ 65 (plus sales tax) and the result is delivered electronically, or in print.

Other characteristics of the service are:

- There is an area for queues, a waiting room for results and an isolation area for positive cases.
- Bilingual customer service staff (Spanish-English).
- Staff to maintain order of people.
- Security team in charge of taking care of equipment and materials.
- Cleaning and sanitizing personnel required to meet applicable standards.
- The operation of the service will be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Appointment reservations can also be made by reading the QR code.

To date, the rapid antigen test is recognized to enter the United States and required in the Netherlands, both destinations with direct connection from the Juan Santamaría International Airport.

"With this new COVID-19 detection test laboratory service, we are at the forefront of the main terminals, preserving health and mitigating the possibility of contagion, always thinking about the well-being of passengers in areas of the world, because the priority in travel facilitation is to and from the different destinations, "said Rafael Mencía, Executive Director of Aeris.

This Lab did my test before flight, cost 34mil

Laboratory tests - Laboratorio San José
ad ·
https://www.laboratoriosanjose.com/
4055 4141

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 12:27 pm 

This is an option at the Airport for those who find it convenient, for example returning from Jaco, Arenal, etc to the airport without passing through San Jose. It is now well reported in the English language press.
https://ticotimes.net/2021/05/13/sjo-ai ... id-testing
https://qcostarica.com/san-jose-airport ... travelers/

I personally get mine done at Clinica Biblica. They offer PCR testing (c38mi seniors / c55mil others), Antigen (c30mil), and now Antibody testing (c18,750). I get my sample taken, have coffee and lunch at Cafe Britt on the main floor, pickup Kwikpen insulin at the 24 hour pharmacy for my trip (easier than traveling with syringes) and by that time the results are ready and can pick up the results on my way out the door. Everything in one location. Sample swabbed in the parking garage, Cafe Britt, pharmacy and printouts all on the main floor of the main building (edificio principal) across the street. Even more dining options (Subway, Spoon, Sabores de nuestra tierra, etc) in the Omega Tower across the street.

My point is that testing is now ubiquitous in CR. Easy to get, and relatively cheap.

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 6:08 pm 

Boynton wrote:
This is an option at the Airport for those who find it convenient, for example returning from Jaco, Arenal, etc to the airport without passing through San Jose. It is now well reported in the English language press.
https://ticotimes.net/2021/05/13/sjo-ai ... id-testing
https://qcostarica.com/san-jose-airport ... travelers/

I personally get mine done at Clinica Biblica. They offer PCR testing (c38mi seniors / c55mil others), Antigen (c30mil), and now Antibody testing (c18,750). I get my sample taken, have coffee and lunch at Cafe Britt on the main floor, pickup Kwikpen insulin at the 24 hour pharmacy for my trip (easier than traveling with syringes) and by that time the results are ready and can pick up the results on my way out the door. Everything in one location. Sample swabbed in the parking garage, Cafe Britt, pharmacy and printouts all on the main floor of the main building (edificio principal) across the street. Even more dining options (Subway, Spoon, Sabores de nuestra tierra, etc) in the Omega Tower across the street.

My point is that testing is now ubiquitous in CR. Easy to get, and relatively cheap.

The testing at Clinica Biblica was easy for me too. Did not know about the nearby restaurant options though. Good info as always, thank you B.

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 8:08 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

let's say you get a test at the airport and it comes back positive, what happens next? Do they haul you off to some unnamed hotel and set you up for two weeks or do the give you another test to confirm the positive?

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 8:40 pm 

Flabuck wrote:
let's say you get a test at the airport and it comes back positive, what happens next? Do they haul you off to some unnamed hotel and set you up for two weeks or do the give you another test to confirm the positive?

same as if you test positive anywhere else in CR.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 2:28 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Latest article out of Tico Times about covid testing at the airports:

https://ticotimes.net/2021/05/24/covid- ... s-airports