www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:01 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

A tica wrote me that COVID and the restrictions are worse now in CR. She said she thinks they will close the airports soon. She kept telling me how bad it is now and she thinks tourism will stop in a month. It came across as warning to not make plans. I didn’t see an ulterior motive in her PSA.

What sayeth CRT members?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:14 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

I don't think airports will close. The infections are coming from Ticos, not vaccinated tourists. I *could* imagine a vaccination or quarantine requirement based on political pressure, but even that I doubt. Things could get worse here, but I think lockdowns will be geared toward locals. Tourism could still be slow, based on the tourists' choice. As long as the SL and Castillo remain open, there will be more pu*sy available here than Florida, Texas, and New York combined.

I also think that Ticas will tell you the going price is $150. If you start believing them, it will be.

Last edited by Boynton on Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:21 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

I agree with Boynton. You are going to hear doom and gloom, epic, end of the world crying from people in Costa Rica right now.

Keep in mind three things.
1. Costa Rica is experiencing the first instance of COVID challenging the treatment capacity of local hospitals.
2. Unlike in the United States, vaccinations are not yet available for the general public in Costa Rica.
3. Covid is exploding throughout the Spanish speaking world in Latin America.

So, for many people the shit is real now. It's no longer just about the job losses and lockdown stress.

The possibility of the actual disease impacting your own family or someone you know is very real. There is also a shortage of vaccine and possibility a shortage of ICU beds.

So, people are going to change their opinions and/or panic as they come into personal contact for the first time.

Of course this entire mess is because of Semana Santa. Happy Easter everyone. que dios le bendiga

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:44 pm 

Ulysses wrote:
I agree with Boynton. You are going to hear doom and gloom, epic, end of the world crying from people in Costa Rica right now.

1. Costa Rica is experiencing the first instance of COVID challenging the treatment capacity of local hospitals.
2. Unlike in the United States, vaccinations are not yet available for the general public in Costa Rica.

So, for many people the shit is real now. It's no longer just about the job losses and lockdown stress.

The possibility of the actual disease impacting your own family or someone you know is very real. There is also a shortage of vaccine and possibility a shortage of ICU beds.

So, people are going to change their opinions and/or panic as they come into personal contact for the first time.

Of course this entire mess is because of Semana Santa. Happy Easter everyone. que dios le bendiga

Semana Santa didn't help I'm sure...but the variants are probably the issue. They spread a lot easier and can be more severe. They are sweeping the world.

And it's bad news. Because the methods that half worked before work a lot less now. Keeping people apart does work...but it's hard to do.

I'm not counting on being able to travel to CR for a few months...basically until vaccines are widely administered there. For all of you that have not had vaccinations...take care.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:55 pm 

Zeos wrote:
Ulysses wrote:

Semana Santa didn't help I'm sure...but the variants are probably the issue. They spread a lot easier and can be more severe. They are sweeping the world.

And it's bad news. Because the methods that half worked before work a lot less now. Keeping people apart does work...but it's hard to do.

I'm not counting on being able to travel to CR for a few months...basically until vaccines are widely administered there. For all of you that have not had vaccinations...take care.

I am so sorry about the rising rates of Covid in CR. The US said they will send vaccines to Latin America. Maybe the chicas will be so grateful that they will lower their rates for gringos.

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 7:25 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Boynton wrote:
I think lockdowns will be geared toward locals.

If you look at the exemptions to the closures for May 3-9 it is obvious they are targeting locals and trying to not impact the recovery of the tourism industry. The only restaurants that are allowed to be open are those inside hotels. Same for swimming pools and gyms. The only shops to be open are those at airports. The strategy does fit with the fact infections are coming from locals not tourists.

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 9:40 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

bulldog10 wrote:
Boynton wrote:
I think lockdowns will be geared toward locals.

If you look at the exemptions to the closures for May 3-9 it is obvious they are targeting locals and trying to not impact the recovery of the tourism industry. The only restaurants that are allowed to be open are those inside hotels. Same for swimming pools and gyms. The only shops to be open are those at airports. The strategy does fit with the fact infections are coming from locals not tourists.

Glad that I rented a Studio Apt Near the Mexican Embassy, Ave 7, Otoro. It is close to SL, HLH, HDR and Castillo.
I can have breakfast and lunch at the Apt and pu*sy for dinner.

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 9:35 pm 
Site Admin

Perhaps the lesson to take away here is that people are suffering in Costa Rica. A spirit of generosity and empathy would serve us all well.

If you are fortunate enough to have the opportunity to travel to Costa Rica, then consider that opportunity comes because of your own good fortune and the government's willingness to keep the country's tourism sector open as an essential part of the economy.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 11:28 am 

Location: Sex Felony State (most other places p4p is just another day!)
+.

I would feel good about contributing to the economy if I was there. However if I got sick with anything not just CV19 and needed an ICU bed in a private hospital while capacity is constrained I just wouldn't feel right or responsible now.

Normally during the end of May I am making a trip down there however will have to press pause for awhile. Hopefully the vaccinations start arriving there and other parts of the world much quicker.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 11:41 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Location: Pérez Zeledón home of possibly thee most beautiful women in the world.
I know this will get a lot of your panties all up in a wad, but I call BS on Covid. I am not saying there is not a virus and that it is not dangerous for the elderly with other major health issues... Buuuut... is that reason to absolutely kill our economies and cause rampant poverty in an already callous world?
For the general population: it is basically the flu with about the same mortality rate. People do die from the flu. Sometimes 100s of thousands and more.
All the numbers are padded. If I am 90 and have a heart condition and hyper-tension and die with covid in my body, did I necessarily die of covid, or is my death just listed as such?
Here in Costa Rica for example, the gov't is saying there are currently like 2100 new cases daily. How in the hell do they know this as it would require testing over 5,00 people daily. Does anyone really think they are testing, or even capable of testing so many people on a daily basis here in Costa Rica? I don't and after almost 14 months of this super deadly, super contagious virus I still know of NO ONE who has even had it much less died from it. They are blaming ALL current financial issues on Covid when they existed long before. A pLandemia in which those making the restrictions and forcing our businesses to close are ALL still receiving their paychecks.
This is all about submission via fear and control of the masses while decimating the middle class.
Use something besides Google for your search engines as it is censoring the truth about so many things and stop believing what the msm is feeding you. Do some research and open your eyes as we are being misled, misinformed, censored and uninformed.

Costa Rica: We make easy, hard........

Hoe Dog koo koo ka choo

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 11:53 am 

Elkarlos wrote:
I know this will get a lot of your panties all up in a wad, but I call BS on Covid. I am not saying there is not a virus and that it is not dangerous for the elderly with other major health issues... Buuuut... is that reason to absolutely kill our economies and cause rampant poverty in an already callous world?
For the general population: it is basically the flu with about the same mortality rate. People do die from the flu. Sometimes 100s of thousands and more.
All the numbers are padded. If I am 90 and have a heart condition and hyper-tension and die with covid in my body, did I necessarily die of covid, or is my death just listed as such?
Here in Costa Rica for example, the gov't is saying there are currently like 2100 new cases daily. How in the hell do they know this as it would require testing over 5,00 people daily. Does anyone really think they are testing, or even capable of testing so many people on a daily basis here in Costa Rica? I don't and after almost 14 months of this super deadly, super contagious virus I still know of NO ONE who has even had it much less died from it. They are blaming ALL current financial issues on Covid when they existed long before. A pLandemia in which those making the restrictions and forcing our businesses to close are ALL still receiving their paychecks.
This is all about submission via fear and control of the masses while decimating the middle class.
Use something besides Google for your search engines as it is censoring the truth about so many things and stop believing what the msm is feeding you. Do some research and open your eyes as we are being misled, misinformed, censored and uninformed.

I guess you're not buying that spirit of generosity and empathy schmooze. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 12:52 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

[My step daughter is a doctor on the front line here. She says the alarming thing about the new surge is that the majority of new cases are younger people, not the aged or those with other maladies. So, it's no joke, government conspiracy, or flu. It's some serious shit.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 1:21 pm 

pLandemic or Serious Shit, neither impacts whether or not the airports will close. If you are vaccinated, there is fun to be had.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 7:04 pm 

The more driving restrictions they place, so private individuals are now not driving alone in their cars, probably with their masks on, lol, and are jammed into buses like sardines sneezing, coughing, spitting, sputtering and choking all over each other and talking non stop, creating a Covid incubator, and sitting next to cabbies and uber drivers instead of driving by themselves, I issue an ironclad guarantee that Covid cases would be lower... :evil:

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 9:23 pm 

Congratulations, Costa Rica, for a really stupid useless ineffective feel good Covid restriction.

I went to Walmart, got groceries, but needed some "non essential" household items.

Those aisles were blocked off with crime scene tape, lol.

So May 10, when they say we can once again obtain "non essential" items, I expose myself AGAIN to two Uber drivers, countless people in the aisles, and touching change money and receipt the cashier hands me, when I could have got it all today.

I won't be the only one rushing back to stores everywhere that week... :evil:

Anyone who thinks this will help one iota is a damn fool... :evil: