www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 4:26 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Rainman wrote:
Sorry, meant to include the one showing death by sex/age

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covi ... #SexAndAge

Thanks for the info, I saw this before and it helps, but still doesn't say if the deaths were from Covid or Covid weakened them and they may have succumbed to one of their other issues.

It appears the vast majority of deaths are over 70, and my age group (mid to late 60's) is pretty large as well. I don't want to be callous and have less respect for the other older lives, especially since I'm in the beginning stages of that group, but I read most cases, even among younger people, are those individuals with already some serious medical issues.

If that is the case, wouldn't it be better to spend the money to protect these individuals and allow low risk healthy young, middle age and beginning old people to live their lives, keep their jobs, run their businesses, especially if their mortality rate is equal, or quite possibly lower than the regular flu, that's my question, and the answer is quite possible intentionally hidden from the public it seems to me... :evil:

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 5:09 pm 

Netgems wrote:
Rainman wrote:

Thanks for the info, I saw this before and it helps, but still doesn't say if the deaths were from Covid or Covid weakened them and they may have succumbed to one of their other issues.

It appears the vast majority of deaths are over 70, and my age group (mid to late 60's) is pretty large as well. I don't want to be callous and have less respect for the other older lives, especially since I'm in the beginning stages of that group, but I read most cases, even among younger people, are those individuals with already some serious medical issues.

If that is the case, wouldn't it be better to spend the money to protect these individuals and allow low risk healthy young, middle age and beginning old people to live their lives, keep their jobs, run their businesses, especially if their mortality rate is equal, or quite possibly lower than the regular flu, that's my question, and the answer is quite possible intentionally hidden from the public it seems to me... :evil:

Our current 3rd wave is almost all in younger people, primarily 20 - 45. Probably because the older ones are now mostly vaccinated. Deaths are still highest proportionally in the older end of the people that are not yet vaccinated, but our intensive care and ventilator numbers are higher now than at any other time. So now it is younger people dying. Some have no other known co factors, others do. What's alarming is the people that don't feel well...or are at home getting worse, but suddenly just die. That seems more typical in the younger people, that is under 50 - lots in their 40's. Percentage deaths versus cases is still lower than in the older age groups, by far. But the number of cases has spiked so quickly and so high with the variants that death numbers are still relatively high.

So...following the course you suggest is exactly where we are now..in Canada. The older folks are mostly protected, younger people are getting exposed at work and in their homes, and now even with lockdowns our hospitals are at virtually 100 capacity in ICUs (in Ontario, Alberta, BC) When that happens other's suffer - no cancer surgeries, car accident victims may not have access to ICU's, etc. So far they're spreading people all over to try to maintain a bit of space - in Toronto for example, but there's a limit. We're also gearing up and finally getting enough vaccines to see light at the end of the tunnel within a month or so. So far Canada has not had access to enough vaccines - although that's another long story.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 5:15 pm 

Netgems wrote:
Rainman wrote:

And for comparisons to flu...In a normal year there would be almost none in the 20-50 year old age group in Ontario. Flu also generally attacks the elderly, and sometimes infants. So in Canada right now a significant proportion of the few hundred deaths per day are in the 20-50 age range.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 7:12 pm 

Netgems wrote:
Netgems wrote:
Total cases are irrelevant to me..

My question is still not addressed, nor will it be... :arrow:

Who the Phuck do you think will address your question, buckwheat? Nobody gives a shit about answering your question. Your opinion, and mine, and your mid 70's friend, and mh's are irrelevant.

The restrictions are a fact of life. It really doesn't matter if agree or not. There have always been limits on personal freedom. The individual has rights, but not the right define the common good.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 7:40 pm 

Boynton wrote:
Netgems wrote:
Netgems wrote:
Total cases are irrelevant to me..

My question is still not addressed, nor will it be... :arrow:

Who the Phuck do you think will address your question, buckwheat? Nobody gives a shit about answering your question. Your opinion, and mine, and your mid 70's friend, and mh's are irrelevant.

The restrictions are a fact of life. It really doesn't matter if agree or not. There have always been limits on personal freedom. The individual has rights, but not the right define the common good.

Not meaning anyone here, but my point was in the statistics we are all seeing, this information is unavailable, but in a couple articles, allegedly from legitimate sources, they have said that is the case, perhaps it's mutated and is changing now for the worse, but earlier that was allegedly the case, so in the USA, earlier, where hospitals were not overwhelmed, this info was suppressed.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 7:44 pm 

Zeos wrote:
Netgems wrote:
Rainman wrote:

Our current 3rd wave is almost all in younger people, primarily 20 - 45. Probably because the older ones are now mostly vaccinated. Deaths are still highest proportionally in the older end of the people that are not yet vaccinated, but our intensive care and ventilator numbers are higher now than at any other time. So now it is younger people dying. Some have no other known co factors, others do. What's alarming is the people that don't feel well...or are at home getting worse, but suddenly just die. That seems more typical in the younger people, that is under 50 - lots in their 40's. Percentage deaths versus cases is still lower than in the older age groups, by far. But the number of cases has spiked so quickly and so high with the variants that death numbers are still relatively high.

So...following the course you suggest is exactly where we are now..in Canada. The older folks are mostly protected, younger people are getting exposed at work and in their homes, and now even with lockdowns our hospitals are at virtually 100 capacity in ICUs (in Ontario, Alberta, BC) When that happens other's suffer - no cancer surgeries, car accident victims may not have access to ICU's, etc. So far they're spreading people all over to try to maintain a bit of space - in Toronto for example, but there's a limit. We're also gearing up and finally getting enough vaccines to see light at the end of the tunnel within a month or so. So far Canada has not had access to enough vaccines - although that's another long story.

Excellent points, it seems to be possibly mutating, because earlier at least in CR and USA, and I believe Canada as well, hospitals were not over run and it was mostly older sickly people or younger people with medical issues mostly dying from it, not all, but the vast majority, so that was my point, but you're right, it's possibly mutating into a much worse problem, this ain't over by a long shot.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 8:18 pm 

Netgems wrote:
Not meaning anyone here, but my point was in the statistics we are all seeing, this information is unavailable, but in a couple articles, allegedly from legitimate sources, they have said that is the case, perhaps it's mutated and is changing now for the worse, but earlier that was allegedly the case, so in the USA, earlier, where hospitals were not overwhelmed, this info was suppressed.

I had bacon and eggs for breakfast, then took a dump. That info is as relevant to the restrictions as your rant.

Newsflash: This ain't the USA. In 2018 there were 23 deaths from respiratory viruses. So far, Costa Rica has had 3249. That is 141 years worth.

Last edited by Boynton on Mon May 03, 2021 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 11:47 pm 

Boynton wrote:
Netgems wrote:

I had bacon and eggs for breakfast, then took a dump. That info is as relevant to the restrictions as your rant.

Newsflash: This ain't the USA. In 2018 there were 23 deaths from respiratory viruses. So far, Costa Rica has had 3249. That us 141 years worth.

I'm trying to block that visual...Where's my neuralyzer when I need it??? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 11:58 pm 

:oops: :oops: :oops: :shock: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 7:03 pm 

Yet another change to driving restrictions between now and the end of May. Odd/Even plate restrictions on alternate days. If you have a non-taxi driver, this could impact your plans, especially Airport runs.
https://www.crhoy.com/nacionales/atenci ... miercoles/

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 8:55 pm 

Every now and then I get the urge to buy a used car here, but my less than $100 a month Uber expense is sweet, I sit on my porch waiting for my chauffer. 8)

I take cabs for shorter quicker jaunts or get in some walking, I used to take buses a lot but not now that they are Covid incubators, forcing many private drivers to crawl all over each other in them now, coughing, sneezing, sputtering... :x

I'm tempted to criticize the ineffective ill thought out unmitigated idiocy of their musical chairs with cars fiasco these fools running this government hallucinate will have any positive effect, but then I read about the madness in many parts of the USA that I see is far worse, and just keep quiet, lol... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 9:15 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

"Wednesday 19: Plates finished in odd number..."

Sure hope the taxi driver coming from San Jose tomorrow to pick me up has read this article!

Sure hope if he hasn't, and we're stopped, that he doesn't think I'm footing the bill. cause i ain't.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 9:18 pm 

Netgems wrote:
I'm tempted to criticize the ineffective ill thought out unmitigated idiocy of their musical chairs with cars fiasco these fools running this government hallucinate will have any positive effect, but then I read about the madness in many parts of the USA that I see is far worse, and just keep quiet, lol... :mrgreen:

At least one Deputy shares your view.
https://www.crhoy.com/nacionales/diputa ... sanitaria/

Deputy questions new sanitary vehicle restriction
Deputy Floria Segreda, from the National Restoration Party (PRN), criticized the new sanitary vehicle restriction that the Government announced on Tuesday to contain the advance of the pandemic caused by COVID-19.

"I can't believe they are doing it again. We have weeks with water up to our necks and the Executive Branch as if nothing was happening, but now, overnight, they come up with these occurrences: they suspend classes, restriction due to plates for 12 days, "declared the legislator.

She segregated recalled that for months she sent a letter to the Minister of Health, Daniel Salas, to inform him about the technical criteria that the Government has used to apply and maintain the vehicle health restriction. This, because, according to her she said, either they don't exist or nobody knows them. However, she maintained that she only received an evasive reply. "How can we not have an economy in crisis with this type of thing, if the government does not know how to plan, there are people who do and these decisions greatly harm commerce and people who are trying to earn a living," concluded Segreda. The Government announced today a new sanitary vehicle restriction according to the last license plate number (even or odd) that will alternate daily starting tomorrow.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 9:33 pm 

Boynton wrote:
Netgems wrote:

At least one Deputy shares your view.
https://www.crhoy.com/nacionales/diputa ... sanitaria/

Deputy questions new sanitary vehicle restriction
Deputy Floria Segreda, from the National Restoration Party (PRN), criticized the new sanitary vehicle restriction that the Government announced on Tuesday to contain the advance of the pandemic caused by COVID-19.

"I can't believe they are doing it again. We have weeks with water up to our necks and the Executive Branch as if nothing was happening, but now, overnight, they come up with these occurrences: they suspend classes, restriction due to plates for 12 days, "declared the legislator.

She segregated recalled that for months she sent a letter to the Minister of Health, Daniel Salas, to inform him about the technical criteria that the Government has used to apply and maintain the vehicle health restriction. This, because, according to her she said, either they don't exist or nobody knows them. However, she maintained that she only received an evasive reply. "How can we not have an economy in crisis with this type of thing, if the government does not know how to plan, there are people who do and these decisions greatly harm commerce and people who are trying to earn a living," concluded Segreda. The Government announced today a new sanitary vehicle restriction according to the last license plate number (even or odd) that will alternate daily starting tomorrow.

"At least one Deputy shares your view."

And probably 90% of all Costa Rican citizens... :evil: :!:

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 2:12 am 

Netgems, if you ever do decide to buy a car in CR and want some help let me know. I bought a 2003 Rav4 from a guy that works with Aduanas to sell cars that are not picked up because of paperwork issues or because the import taxes are too much and they do not want to pay them so they just walk away from the vehicle and it will get sold. I paid almost 7000 for the car which was way more than it would have been in the states, but even being a 2003, it only had 115k miles on it. The car was an American car that was registered in CA so I was able to get the Carfax history and make sure there were no issues prior to being shipped to CR. The person we bought it from was able to change the import history to my wife's name in the system and it cost us much less to get the paperwork done than if we were considered a new buyer..... ???? I know phucking Costa Rican bureaucracy, on top of that we can refer you to an attorney that charges considerably less to get the vehicle licensed and registered in your name or someone's name you trust. The seller suggested an attorney that was almost 400K and our gal only charged 160k. It is a pain in the ass but if you do not do it correctly and have someone that knows how to get the valuation lower than what they want to use you will end up paying much more in annual Marchamo. Ours is just under 130,000 for the year and full coverage insurance is only 500 per year.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next