www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Coke In CR now SUCKS.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:50 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Anyone notice that COKE now tastes like shit in Costa Rica. The bottles of regular Coke say Same Taste but in small letters it says, MENOS AZUCAR 30% less sugar and it does not taste the same. For me whatever artificial sweetener they are using, gives it a phucked up taste. I tried to overlook it but on my November trip, 1st time back since the start of Covid, I noticed my Cuba Libres tasted off and the regular Rum and Cokes were equally off. After taking a closer look at the bottles I noticed the Less Sugar in small letters but the Same Taste was in big bold letters above COKE. BULLSHIT different taste when I took a drink without mixing it with anything. In January I did not drink Coke at all and unless they go back to the original formula I am done with Coke. At least they have Presidente Beer now in Costa Rica.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:29 pm 

best to enjoy the delicious Central American rums, Zacapa de Guatamela, Flor de Cana

de Nicaragua & Zafra de Panama among others, neat. Don't ruin them with mixers or ice.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:37 pm 

Ilv4play wrote:
Anyone notice that COKE now tastes like shit in Costa Rica. The bottles of regular Coke say Same Taste but in small letters it says, MENOS AZUCAR 30% less sugar and it does not taste the same. For me whatever artificial sweetener they are using, gives it a phucked up taste. I tried to overlook it but on my November trip, 1st time back since the start of Covid, I noticed my Cuba Libres tasted off and the regular Rum and Cokes were equally off. After taking a closer look at the bottles I noticed the Less Sugar in small letters but the Same Taste was in big bold letters above COKE. BULLSHIT different taste when I took a drink without mixing it with anything. In January I did not drink Coke at all and unless they go back to the original formula I am done with Coke. At least they have Presidente Beer now in Costa Rica.

Soft drinks and fast food are a large reason for the lack of flacas in San Jose.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:02 am 

SinCity wrote:
best to enjoy the delicious Central American rums, Zacapa de Guatamela, Flor de Cana

de Nicaragua & Zafra de Panama.

Totally agree on the good rums and I do have them in my bar mainly the Zacapa and Flor de Cana 18 years, but when we entertain I need to keep the good stuff locked up from the wifes family so I mix my 7 yr Flor de Cana with coke, This last trip though it was Maracuya and the Flor de Cana.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:13 pm 

Agreed, it's mostly speed and cut with baby laxative so you gotta take a dump first couple snorts...you would think being so close to Colombia it would be better, nothing like the good old daze in Miami in the 80's...

Oh wait, you're talking about COCA COLA, the drink...my mistake..just go to Auto Mercado, they have the real thing in bottles, Mountain Dew as well!!!

I'm a health nut and avoid sugary drinks, but I saw them there... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

(Facetious humor here, too old to imbibe any more, don't want to explode my heart, prefer to go out pounding a hottie at Monica's and overload the heart then...ahhhh but Miami in the 80's...)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:36 pm 

Netgems...... All I have to say is I remember the Good Ole Days too......

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:34 pm 

Absolutely Netgems, Miami in the 80's unreal!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:23 am 

Zunbake3 wrote:
Absolutely Netgems, Miami in the 80's unreal!!

I was married at the time and married to my now Cuban ex wife, in my 30's, she in her 20's, I started liking younger Latinas even then, lol.

We were big fans of "Miami Vice" and I wore the white casual dress shoes and colored t shirts like Don Johnson and my wife tight mini skirts and tank tops.

My aunt passed away and left me her low miles in perfect garage kept shape powder blue '64 Pontiac Catalina, I got dark blue window film and sport tires with mags and even though we both had regular cars, we would tool around Miami Beach in that old classic with our friends, enjoying the various intoxicants and hitting all the cool restaurants and bars.

Those were fun days, the decadence was everywhere, and we were smack dab in the middle of it, lol.

Not much has changed, now I'm here, and decadence is everywhere, and once again I'm smack dab in the middle of it, lol... :mrgreen:

https://youtu.be/m28adO_BWzA

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:06 pm 

Location: Sex Felony State (most other places p4p is just another day!)
I still love Miami Vice and watching re-runs. I bought the cassette sound track back in the day and more goodies on there than only the 'Miami Vice Theme'. => 'Vice' by Grandmaster Melle Mel, Tina Turner - 'Better Be Good to Me' and Glenn Frey tracks to name a few.

And still love Miami the city with its' bright fun tropical vibe and air of sophistication.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:20 pm 

Puro Party wrote:
I still love Miami Vice and watching re-runs. I bought the cassette sound track back in the day and more goodies on there than only the 'Miami Vice Theme'. => 'Vice' by Grandmaster Melle Mel, Tina Turner - 'Better Be Good to Me' and Glenn Frey tracks to name a few.

And still love Miami the city with its' bright fun tropical vibe and air of sophistication.

I got a walk on gig on Miami vice, I think they paid $100 which was nice $$ in the 80's.

I was on for 2 or 3 seconds, was just one of dozens walking past Crockett and Tubbs downtown.

Me and other local people were sitting for hours waiting for our walk by parts, and Don Johnson came over and chatted with us a minute and said we'll be on soon and thanked us for coming.

What a nice guy, a big star, and he took time out to chat with us and reassure us we won't be sitting around bored much longer.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:19 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Location: Pérez Zeledón home of possibly thee most beautiful women in the world.
We've always referred to it as: cheena coke.
I always thought it was bootleg. But, the other day a tico bidnessperson (we were discussing this issue) told me that FEMSA (co. that bottles it for C.A.) buys a cheaper syrup copy and cuts it with the real allowing them to earn more money. That explains why a 1L bottle is 500 and a mini can 400colones at the local store.
Like Coke roulette and when it is good, it is sofa king good.
Not that I am saying that any, or most, items are copies in CR.

Costa Rica: We make easy, hard........

Hoe Dog koo koo ka choo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:38 pm 

Netgems wrote:
Me and other local people were sitting for hours waiting for our walk by parts, and Don Johnson came over and chatted with us a minute and said we'll be on soon and thanked us for coming.

What a nice guy, a big star, and he took time out to chat with us and reassure us we won't be sitting around bored much longer.

Probably a bigger star than you know. I remember an interview with Barbara Streisand. She said his dick was like a beer can, of course I had to think... how many beer cans has she had in there.....

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:09 pm 

Ilv4play wrote:
Netgems wrote:

Probably a bigger star than you know. I remember an interview with Barbara Streisand. She said his dick was like a beer can, of course I had to think... how many beer cans has she had in there.....

Just left Auto Mercado, they have small all red bottles of coke, like double normal prices, it states "original flavor" so I bet you're not the only one unhappy, apparently there's a market and people are willing to pay much more for them.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:04 pm 

Puro Party wrote:

I still have many of my 1980's Hugo Boss suits. Those really were the best of times.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:13 pm 

Location: Sex Felony State (most other places p4p is just another day!)
BondTrader wrote:
Puro Party wrote:

I still have many of my 1980's Hugo Boss suits. Those really were the best of times.

Those suits are the best! Of course I couldn't afford in H.S. or college but bought a copy cat white sport coat and slacks and wore with aqua or pink tees!