www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:35 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Harddrive43228 wrote:
I'm probably going to go with Trawick. I will have had my second vaccine dose (Pfizer) a week before my flight to San Jose on April 5 so I feel relatively confident I won't catch Covid.

Even with the vaccine you still have about a 6 in 100 chance of contracting the virus. Excellent odds but by no means full-proof.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:33 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

From Forbes. January 2021, covering the Chinese virus related issues

https://www.forbes.com/advisor/travel-i ... insurance/

Good Luck

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:07 pm 

Flacoduro1 wrote:

Good Luck

CAUTION
Note that the bulk of these, Trawick excluded, do NOT meet the CR requirements for entry into the country. Early on, I voiced some caution about Trawick. TrannyFan74 took a major butt-hurt from it, but what can you expect from a Tranny Fan?

Each traveller should get their own quotes and make their own decision. The situation is different from 9 months ago, 6 months ago, 3 months ago. Your COVID vaccination status is important to you (meaning it reduces your risk, but not the CR insurance requirement). I recently returned from the US to CR for 90 days, Sagicor quoted me $540 ($6 per day), INS was $306, Trawick was $90. Sagicor could take payment online, the INS agent wanted me to email my CC number, expiration, and security code (no way in hell), Trawick could take payment online while I was in the US. I went with HamSammieSecurity. I spent my week in pu*sy prison and I am back in Pair-o-dice. Nothing in the past year has reduced the supply of available poon.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:06 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Actually logged on today to ask this exact question and looks like you guys give the green light for Trawick. $26 for a week trip mid April seems cheap enough (not insuring the trip) as it seems no issues with CR accepting the policy. I’m vaccinated also, so don’t have a huge concern, but understand there’s always a chance.

Cheers guys...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:57 pm 

Has anyone tested positive for Covid, and had to stay the 14 extra days in Costa Rica?

How was your experience?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:58 pm 

Gentlemen a note of caution. I went with Sagicor. They quoted me around $80 for a weeks trip. At 48 hours before my flight I filled out the CR health form to get the code and it was rejected - the policy number was not accepted. I contacted Sagicor via the chat function and after two hours or so of back and forth they informed me that I had the wrong policy. Not that they gave me the wrong policy, I had the wrong policy. I had to reapply and they would refund my premium after a week or so. I started to panic since time was ticking. I immediately reapplied, but now the premium was about $160 for the week. The chat lady deliberately asked if I was over 70, which I am. Too late to seek alternative insurance, so bit the bullet. Got my code and thought I was in the clear. Not quite. Instead of the policy incorporating the 7 days I was travelling in CR it only listed 5. In other word the policy expired two days before I traveled back to the States. I didn't notice the dates until I was at the airport in the U.S. At immigration in CR I was sweating it out hoping that I might slip under the radar and that they wouldn't check the policy with the code. They checked the code twice, but did not look at the policy. So, no problem getting through, but almost put a dent in my trip.

So, be wary of Sagicor, check the policy and do shop for other insurance if the price is out of line.

P.S. They did refund my $77 premium on the first policy.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:48 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Boynton wrote:
Flacoduro1 wrote:

Good Luck

CAUTION
Note that the bulk of these, Trawick excluded, do NOT meet the CR requirements for entry into the country. Early on, I voiced some caution about Trawick. TrannyFan74 took a major butt-hurt from it, but what can you expect from a Tranny Fan?

Each traveller should get their own quotes and make their own decision. The situation is different from 9 months ago, 6 months ago, 3 months ago. Your COVID vaccination status is important to you (meaning it reduces your risk, but not the CR insurance requirement). I recently returned from the US to CR for 90 days, Sagicor quoted me $540 ($6 per day), INS was $306, Trawick was $90. Sagicor could take payment online, the INS agent wanted me to email my CC number, expiration, and security code (no way in hell), Trawick could take payment online while I was in the US. I went with HamSammieSecurity. I spent my week in pu*sy prison and I am back in Pair-o-dice. Nothing in the past year has reduced the supply of available poon.

Boynton wrote:
Trawickinternational is bogus insurance helping you run a scam with the CR Tourist Board to circumvent the Ministry of Health and the Caja's futile attempt to financially protect an already bankrupt health system. Think about it, $27 cannot indemnify a $50,000 insurance payout. Your $450 airfare cost has absolutely no correlation to the cost of your COVID treatment should you get sick. It is kind if like the subprime mortgage pantomime of 2007. A nod is as good as a wink to the blind man.

If you get sick and are treated in a hospital you can be denied exit until your bills are paid (same as an unpaid traffic ticket or Ch*ld support payment).

“Voice some caution “ …. I am honestly surprised you did not go back and edit or even erase your absurd comment.

You clearly stated and accused me of running a SCAM with this what you stated a Bogus Ins Company.
I’m Far from your So Called Butthurt … You don’t know me but I will tell you this … Trolls with Negative bad juju vibes like I distance myself as far as possible from far and a Hooker Forum or not I will respond to an accusation that calls in question my Character !

Then I read a post Just last week you recommended Trawick to Lollypop …. Seriously I Can’t make this shit up!!

PS: Someone last week nailed it best that guys are less likely to post their Trips and Stories with these all these beautiful women that we commonly all are in search of and want to spend time whether it be a 1 hour or an TLN …. and then to only see a lot a brand-new CRT member ask a question that may be dumb to others who are Veterans to this forum or maybe the answer is already on the board, but to verbally attacked or post false smart ass sarcastic info well it just defers the point of this site and forum IMHO.

Keyboard Tough Guy keep On Trolling by all means tho .... It seems your ultimate goal on this forum is to feel important on here :!:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:09 pm 

Tranny Fan, you make less sense that DerangedManWalking.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:06 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

It makes complete sense …. admitting you made a mistake and that you were wrong is just too fundamentally threatening for your EGO to tolerate.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:47 am 

TF74 wrote:
It makes complete sense …. admitting you made a mistake and that you were wrong is just too fundamentally threatening for your EGO to tolerate.

You're talking into a mirror. (or is that Rrrrrooooaaaarrrring, simba)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:21 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

The coolest thing about CRT I've always thought was the massive valuable info available for free at your leisure, and how much time CR vets are willing to spend writing long informative posts helpful to many but especially to guys with less experience or totally new guys.

Always respected guys like Orange and Pops, quite a few others, that I, a fairly rare CRT visitor even now--would notice putting in their time sharing their info.

Man do I wish there was a CRT forum way back when the DR was still a book warehouse (to which it shall return), what a friggin time saver is CRT. I learned what I learned from gringos in the old bars, or the girls, ALOT, hours, of just walking around centro--the gulch less defined then, or via a mama san I met early who was running an operation from her house in La Sabana, including too young-uns to her discredit. But she also had a great stable of semi's. Or getting lucky with a bi-lingual taxi guy. Earl Montoya who many of us also got to know when the DR opened was super helpful to me, can't reach my great friend the last few years, I hope he's OK. Still, I made dozens of trips and made many many time or money wasting mistakes. CRT is a God send.

If a fresh guy reads all the old threads, he could actually hit the ground running, and save hours and hours avoiding dead ends and mine fields and immediately get to the land of happy endings, knowledge previously only gained pre-CRT via 10 trips. Of course a CR vet is going to skip over posts he doesn't need, but a brotherhood knows that and keeps helping it's new guys who ask a q we all once had.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:36 am 

quepos21 wrote:
The coolest thing about CRT I've always thought was the massive valuable info available for free at your leisure, and how much time CR vets are willing to spend writing long informative posts helpful to many but especially to guys with less experience or totally new guys.

Always respected guys like Orange and Pops, quite a few others, that I, a fairly rare CRT visitor even now--would notice putting in their time sharing their info.

Man do I wish there was a CRT forum way back when the DR was still a book warehouse (to which it shall return), what a friggin time saver is CRT. I learned what I learned from gringos in the old bars, or the girls, ALOT, hours, of just walking around centro--the gulch less defined then, or via a mama san I met early who was running an operation from her house in La Sabana, including too young-uns to her discredit. But she also had a great stable of semi's. Or getting lucky with a bi-lingual taxi guy. Earl Montoya who many of us also got to know when the DR opened was super helpful to me, can't reach my great friend the last few years, I hope he's OK. Still, I made dozens of trips and made many many time or money wasting mistakes. CRT is a God send.

If a fresh guy reads all the old threads, he could actually hit the ground running, and save hours and hours avoiding dead ends and mine fields and immediately get to the land of happy endings, knowledge previously only gained pre-CRT via 10 trips. Of course a CR vet is going to skip over posts he doesn't need, but a brotherhood knows that and keeps helping it's new guys who ask a q we all once had.

Couldn’t agree more about finding a good source of information about a foreign country and hitting the ground running. Couldn’t imagine my first trip to Thailand without pattayaaddicts! The only thing I’d caution you on is going back too far - lots have changed in the 13 years I’ve been going, most notably things like the HDR closing, rise of the Cocal, massage parlor openings/closings, etc. I haven’t been in about 1 1/2 years now with the Covid, but look forward to hitting the ground in just over two weeks.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:42 pm 

A CRT Member met me in Pattaya years ago and showed me the ropes when I was a Rookie in LOS. Invaluable. And Whitecat years ago gave me some great information when I was heading to Buenos Aires years ago as well. Some other CRT Members gave me great info on Montreal as well when I was going there the first time.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:49 pm 

I am headed to CR next week and found this video informative of potential complications with filling out the health pass. Another video advises using Chrome browswer when filling out the Trawick application. There is a Trawick app in google play store to download.

https://youtu.be/Xy57A3aZzQA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:18 am 

Bit the bullet and went with the Trawick travel insurance. Used $500 for the trip cost as the rate would increase above that. Final cost was $43.67 for 12 days.

I'll update when I apply for the health pass this weekend.