www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:16 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

What are the quarantine accommodations available ? do you have to be locked a room with no food, booze or chicas ?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:57 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Three meals per day plus two snacks for 14 days. That’s 70 servings of Gallo Pinto. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:58 pm 

Boynton wrote:
Three meals per day plus two snacks for 14 days. That’s 70 servings of Gallo Pinto. :lol:

It sure is a good thing I like gallo pinto.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:24 pm 

MRH wrote:
What are the quarantine accommodations available ? do you have to be locked a room with no food, booze or chicas ?

Chicas, when you are in quarantine. Dream on.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:27 pm 

Zeos wrote:
MRH wrote:

Do you seriously think that someone who tests positive for Covid will be free to do that sort of thing. You will be treated like radioactive waste because if you have Covid you are a danger to anyone who comes close to you.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:01 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Very good question. This is why you pay the insurance to enter. If you test positive the will not allow you to fly until you test negative. Could be a couple weeks. I have no idea what accommodations the country will provide. It is a guess that they will contact you send you to some hotel where they can monitor your activities. I have heard that flight back to the states into Southern California you are put into quarantine for two weeks whether you test positive or not and this is at a makeshift location with cots. I flew yesterday from San Jose to Atlanta. The restrictions are doing what they want. San Jose to Atlanta Delta flight with approximately 30 people on board. Atlanta Hartsfield Airport from the gate to the curb 25 minutes and 20 of these minutes were walking from one terminal to the next to go through immigration. Both airports were empty. There are next to no tourists in Costa Rica at the moment. Before the negative test to return mandate I estimate tourism was at about 25 %. At the moment I guess 10 to 15% this last year.
That said, I decided to travel last week. Flights were easy to get and extra cheap. Knowing that I needed a covid test I checked with the Sportsman's and they arranged a doctor to take the sample and forward it to the lab. I made the appointment on Saturday for a Monday 10am test. The doctor was an hour late (Tico time). The sample was taken from my nose. I received the results in the form of a written report the next day at the hotel desk. The cost was $75. At check-in the form was reviewed and I was allowed to check bags. There was nobody in line in front of me at the security checkpoint. The flight was lackluster other than drinks more than a complimentary water were not offered. Arrived in Atlanta with temperature in the low 40s. Discovered there is no inside dining in Atlanta. Patio dining not very comfortable with the wind blowing and little heat. I am told that if I go to the suburbs most things are reasonably normal.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:03 pm 

Location: Sex Felony State (most other places p4p is just another day!)
Before I went down Jan. 15th I emailed Castillo asking about this if I got sick. They said they could house me somewhere maybe even La Amistad (all to myself or with other sicklings) if I got sick. I don't know if C.R. is that organized/anal yet to set aside specific quarantine hotels. I think it may be up to the individual to find one but I don't know. Regardless is best to contact your hotel ahead of time and pre-arrange this if becomes necessary.

My flight down from DFW was almost full but coming back maybe 1/2 to 2/3. Can understand why planes almost empty now, is too bad for C.R. Bright thought is hopefully by May or June vaccines kicking in and cases coming down good.

I was worried about catching COVID in C.R. or a case caught in the U.S. manifesting itself while in C.R. so I packed a large monitor for my work in my suitcase (barely fit) just in case.

Even if quarantined in the penthouse of La Amistad would not be that fun. No chicas but could get meals and alcohol delivered by a service or hotel staff.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:22 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Zeos wrote:
MRH wrote:

If I test positive the gal I was with the day before should have to quarantine with me.

It is only fair.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:48 pm 

Dr Chaos wrote:
Zeos wrote:
MRH wrote:

If I test positive the gal I was with the day before should have to quarantine with me.

It is only fair.

Along with her Ch*ldren, brother, parents, grandparents, and tico boyfriend. all at your expense :mrgreen: