www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Info on entry into CR
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:56 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

I flew from DFW to SJO on 1 7 2021 on American Airlines.

I had my QR code, my insurance, and my passport. American said that they would check to QR code, but did not. Have it on hand, just in case.

I was concerned about my QR code coming within the 48 hours, but it came back to me in under a minute. You will need to atach a copy of your insurance to the QR code. I chose Trawick and it was approvd.

Arriving at SJO you walk towards customs, and will have your temperature scanned from a distance. Continuing towards customs, there was no lines. Since I was in seat 2B I was the first in line. The lady scanned my QR code, asked me about how long I was staying, and the hotel I was staying at. She never looked at my insurance information, I believe due to the fact it was approved in the QR process. She stamped my passport, and I was off. It took less than 5 minutes.

My flight landed at 7 15 PM, and I was at the SL before 8 PM.

HGave your paperwork in order, and it is painless.

Health and happiness to all..................

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:13 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Thanks for this, what is a QR Code?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:20 am 

As a part of the health form that you must filll out, including attaching a copy of your insurance, you will be issued a QR code. You must have this to enter CR. Some US airlines will also ask to show it prior to boarding in the US. You must submit the health form no earlier than 48 hours of your flight.

You should be able to Google something like Costa Rica health form to find it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:04 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Thanks for the info, I’m at the Miami airport right now waiting for my connection to SJO. I have all my paperwork in order so fingers crossed that it will be a breeze. See you at the SL in a few hours....

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:40 pm 

Location: Sex Felony State (most other places p4p is just another day!)
Thanks you Bro.! I'm coming down on the same flight this Friday. Can't wait for some much needed fun.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:47 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Check Sagicor. I've been doing my research as everyone else. Its not confirmed but one agency listed in this stream was noted as a scam in another CRT post however in another post I read, someone was quoted almost double what Sagicor is quoting for your length of stay. What I do know factually is that CR travel agencies are using Sagicor. I know this because my neighbor just came back from an Eco trip. They used a travel agency. Just do your homework for sure. Scams are out there. If something is too good to be true - well you know ....

Post subject: Insurance
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:15 pm 

I used Trawick.

It was $206.00 for eleven days. It was more for me due to my age, 73.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:22 pm 

The US CDC has said that you will need a negitive Covid test if entering the US from international travel starting on January 26th.

The Sportsmens will be offering these tests on site. The cost is $74 plus tax.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:36 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Santas Bro wrote:

How long until the results?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:38 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

They say within 24 hours by email

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:19 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

After being quoted $157 by INS I hit some travel forums and figured out that Trawick had a specific policy for this that CR accepts. Initially Traywick will try to sell you a full travel insurance plan with a bunch of stuff you don’t need. If you just stick to the Costa Rica specific plan it was only $35 for me. I am 40.

It looks like the plan goes up much faster the older you are, which makes sense. The actual policy seems to be underwritten by nationwide insurance. Hopefully this saves someone a few hours of research...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:20 pm 

Santas Bro wrote:
The US CDC has said that you will need a negitive Covid test if entering the US from international travel starting on January 26th.

Do they have a schedule for this? Do you know what lab it is? Only guests or anyone?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:38 pm 

Don't know about SL or Castillo, but for a PCR

1. Go to www.mipruebacovid.com and you will get to a Hospital Metropolitano / Laboratorios Paez page. You will see separate links for English of Spanish Call centers. If you call the appropriate one you will get an agent that can explain the process. But I will summarize my experience.

2. They will have you fill out a patient information form and receive a tracking number. Here again, there are English and Spanish versions. You will need your flight date/time, Passport or other ID, address, and phone number. I think the address is mostly used if you intend to have the test done at home.

3. You call the Call center back and give the agent your tracking number. They will look up the form, review it with you, and set the actual appointment. In my case, I am doing an in-person test at Metropolitano. I will be going there anyway to pick up medications before my flight. I am a Medi-Smart member, so my price is c42,000 ($70).

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:31 am 

Thanks for that info.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:43 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Mndjkc wrote:
After being quoted $157 by INS I hit some travel forums and figured out that Trawick had a specific policy for this that CR accepts. Initially Traywick will try to sell you a full travel insurance plan with a bunch of stuff you don’t need. If you just stick to the Costa Rica specific plan it was only $35 for me. I am 40.

It looks like the plan goes up much faster the older you are, which makes sense. The actual policy seems to be underwritten by nationwide insurance. Hopefully this saves someone a few hours of research...

I just got my insurance through Traywick.

The cheapest option was not available for those departing the US so I ended up paying around $58 for the Voyager policy for 11 days and 10 nights.

My flight leaves on Saturday so I am glad to have this problem solved.

Thanks for the recommendation.