www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:39 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Anyone buying coverage for longer stays, say over 3 weeks? Wondering how that works, cost..

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:42 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

I have a house I rent in CR so I do not have the housing requirement for my insurance. All I need to do is show them a copy of my lease and get the other insurance. Removing that issue travel insurance that covers the Covid medical is not that expensive, $87.00 for 28 days. I put in my trip cost at 1500.00 to cover my flights should something happen that cancels my flights and I need to rebook. Other than that I have a copy of the whole policy with the covid insurance highlighted so they see it quick. Your passport will be stamped with an exit date one day after your insurance is over

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:33 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Someone posted this link on the site I believe.
https://www.sevencorners.com/#start
A few good points about this company... They have decent phone support on the purchase side of transaction. Also you can specify the deductible level which can help get the per day cost very low. They have plans that suit the CR requirement.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:58 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

I arrived two weeks ago for three month stay. The insurance process isn't different. there doesn't seem to be a "volume" discount for the insurance. Since I am here for an extended time, I decided to pay the premium and used INS just to avoid any issues. the QR code process has two insurance companies built into the portal (INS and someone else, I don't recall) so they can directly verify the policy....so it makes things easier that way.

I flew down on American Airlines out of Dallas (I live in Dallas) and there were a lot of people scrambling to get their QR code to show the gate attendants as they were not allowing anyone on the plane without it....(they never scanned it, so you could probably show any QR code to them and they wouldn't know).