www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Travel Insurance option
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:05 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

I just Bought my insurance for a 10 day policy w $450 Trip cost it was under $27 ... The questionnaire for the Ministry of Health form was very simple to complete and easy to understand very basic general info is all they ask, then you will add an attachment of your Ins. Coverage Doc's. once completed you will get an email with the QR code all together it took me 10 minutes to complete both.

Thanks again Frank680293 for the info

https://www.trawickinternational.com/tr ... -insurance

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:01 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

How much would a 10 day policy cost for a $2000 trip cost.
How is your trip cost only $450 for 10 days ? You have free lodging and free flights ?

There is nothing either good or bad
but thinking makes it so.
HAMLET

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:23 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Isra123, I only used my trip cost as my airfare price, when I called the Phone Rep said you could put down anything in that section it basically is what your looking to recover if needed, but after playing around putting different amounts in, the quotes were the same price for myself whether my trip cost price $0 or $450. The link will allow you to get quotes w/o a purchase as well

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:06 am 

Trawickinternational is bogus insurance helping you run a scam with the CR Tourist Board to circumvent the Ministry of Health and the Caja's futile attempt to financially protect an already bankrupt health system. Think about it, $27 cannot indemnify a $50,000 insurance payout. Your $450 airfare cost has absolutely no correlation to the cost of your COVID treatment should you get sick. It is kind if like the subprime mortgage pantomime of 2007. A nod is as good as a wink to the blind man.

If you get sick and are treated in a hospital you can be denied exit until your bills are paid (same as an unpaid traffic ticket or Ch*ld support payment).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:09 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Boynton wrote:
Trawickinternational is bogus insurance helping you run a scam with the CR Tourist Board to circumvent the Ministry of Health and the Caja's futile attempt to financially protect an already bankrupt health system. Think about it, $27 cannot indemnify a $50,000 insurance payout. Your $450 airfare cost has absolutely no correlation to the cost of your COVID treatment should you get sick. It is kind if like the subprime mortgage pantomime of 2007. A nod is as good as a wink to the blind man.

If you get sick and are treated in a hospital you can be denied exit until your bills are paid (same as an unpaid traffic ticket or Ch*ld support payment).

Considering Trawick is a reimbursement based insurance company, you could be stuck in CR for quite a while if there's an issue. I wholly appreciate the Monty Python reference here, quite appropriate.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:42 am 

saltyron wrote:
Considering Trawick is a reimbursement based insurance company, you could be stuck in CR for quite a while if there's an issue. I wholly appreciate the Monty Python reference here, quite appropriate.

Say no more. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:21 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

My title was listed as an “option” for other travelers by all means don’t feel comfortable don’t buy it I’m not salesman ... not exactly sure how You say I’m running a scam by posting what policy I bought .... I did some research prior to buying and the insurance policy sold by Trawick is insured and backed Thru Nationwide in Columbus Ohio who is definitely not BOGUS

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:53 pm 

The scam is offering a COVID insurance document to satisfy the ICT (Tourism Board) to allow you to enter Costa Rica. Take a ham sandwich, grab a sharpie and scribble the right words on it, the ICT will certify it and you will get in. The country really is that desperate for tourist dollars.

If you require medical treatment for COVID (or a broken limb, or severe laceration, etc) the CR medical system will issue a bill and an exit impediment will be registered against your passport until the bill is paid. Try to leave the country with an exit impediment and immigration will stop you at the airport. If you happen to get out, the country has right to pursue you in the US or Canada. Those international treaties can be a bitch. Whether they would or not, who knows, but for sure you will not be re-entering Costa Rica until the impediment is satisfied.

I am not implying that You did anything illegal or even unethical. You got in, you had fun, you are a weiner. Actually, the risk of a tourist needing COVID treatment during a 10 day visit seems pretty small. I have yet to see any media reports of a recent tourist needing treatment or quarantine. Who knows if dropping the inbound negative test requirement will allow infected tourists to enter the county and then the medical system. Also, I have read of some states requiring a negative test for tourists returning from overseas. Perhaps this will catch some locally infected toursts necessitating a 14 quarantine here in Costa Rica.

Perpetual tourists is a different matter. Many expats express the opinion that COVID insurance is just a money grab. I couldn't possible comment. :wink:

Rest assured that if the worst happens to you, your trip is covered up to $450.:lol: If you encounter any problems, just mention my name. If that fails, just flash your CRT VIP card, that thing is priceless. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:47 pm 

[quote="Boynton"]The scam is offering a COVID insurance document to satisfy the ICT (Tourism Board) to allow you to enter Costa Rica. Take a ham sandwich, grab a sharpie and scribble the right words on it, the ICT will certify it and you will get in. The country really is that desperate for tourist dollars.

If you require medical treatment for COVID (or a broken limb, or severe laceration, etc) the CR medical system will issue a bill and an exit impediment will be registered against your passport until the bill is paid. Try to leave the country with an exit impediment and immigration will stop you at the airport. If you happen to get out, the country has right to pursue you in the US or Canada. Those international treaties can be a bitch. Whether they would or not, who knows, but for sure you will not be re-entering Costa Rica until the impediment is satisfied.

I am not implying that You did anything illegal or even unethical. You got in, you had fun, you are a weiner. Actually, the risk of a tourist needing COVID treatment during a 10 day visit seems pretty small. I have yet to see any media reports of a recent tourist needing treatment or quarantine. Who knows if dropping the inbound negative test requirement will allow infected tourists to enter the county and then the medical system. Also, I have read of some states requiring a negative test for tourists returning from overseas. Perhaps this will catch some locally infected toursts necessitating a 14 quarantine here in Costa Rica.

Perpetual tourists is a different matter. Many expats express the opinion that COVID insurance is just a money grab. I couldn't possible comment. :wink:

Rest assured that if the worst happens to you, your trip is covered up to $450.:lol: If you encounter any problems, just mention my name. If that fails, just flash your CRT VIP card, that thing is priceless. :mrgreen:[/quote

Boynton, you just saved me from having to start a new thread. I was wondering if there had been any reports either officially or anecdotally of any mongers having to be quarantined, but I think you answered that. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:10 pm 

FWIW, from what I have read, both INS and Sagicor have direct billing with public and private hospitals. No pre-approval and no bills. Show your documents, get admitted, hopefully recover, walk out the door to get a quick session at Monica's on the way to the airport.

Cost of a 10 day trip via Sagicor $125 if you are younger than 70, $251 if you are $70+. Difference of $7.80 a day or $20.40 respectively.

Some people insure their car with State Farm while others use The General. The choice is yours, but realize that in the end there really is no "Rogers Rate". But you are always "in good hands" at Monica's.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:23 pm 

Jawanker wrote:
Boynton, you just saved me from having to start a new thread. I was wondering if there had been any reports either officially or anecdotally of any mongers having to be quarantined, but I think you answered that. Thanks.

This is the only thing I am aware of. It was back in May and concerned long haul truckers not mongers, although certainly the two are not mutually exclusive.
https://qcostarica.com/san-jose-hotel-f ... n-10-days/

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:10 pm 

Too bad the amenities didn’t include beer and a chica.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:03 pm 

Jawanker wrote:
Too bad the amenities didn’t include beer and a chica.

It is meant as a containment measure, not an attraction. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:03 pm 

:D