www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Armistad & Castillo
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:06 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner (including apps and dessert for the latter 2)
Beers / Soft drinks
Well liquors
Premium liquors 50% off

Great deal for $10 a day

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:29 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Jfoot wrote:
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner (including apps and dessert for the latter 2)
Beers / Soft drinks
Well liquors
Premium liquors 50% off

Great deal for $10 a day

But now it has become "complicated"? How complicated?

Pre-covid, there were no girls on-site, I had to leave the property to hunt for company. Except for breakfast, I rarely ate and drank at the hotel. Now, I can sit in at either location all day munching the maximum levels of food and drink. Although I only pay a single amount, there are now multiple properties and multiple businesses involved. Matt & Darren are too smart to offer a deal that loses money.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:31 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Complicated for them. Not for us. IIRC, the bar and restaurant at the Castillo has always been run separately from the hotel. That's why you can't charge anything to your room like you can at the SL.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:46 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Below is directly from email this week from Darren concerning La Amistad:

We worked out a deal with the bar and restaurant there so you can also choose the all inclusive package.

These are our new rates:

Queen room $58 plus tax or $102 plus tax all inclusive
King room $67 plus tax or $111 plus tax all inclusive
Penthouse and Jacuzzi rooms $89 plus tax or $133 plus tax all inclusive

The all inclusive package is only good at the hotel where you are staying so if you go to the Castillo you just have to pay for your drinks and food.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:56 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Anyone who ever thought about it knew $10 was never the true cost of the all inclusive. $44 seems a reasonable number. Actually gives you viable choice to opt out of the all inclusive for a very reasonably priced room. Or if you opt in still a great deal. Slightly less than Castillo with all inclusive

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:50 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Didn't both hotels used to advertise all inclusive meals could be transfered between hotels? Such that it did not matter which hotel you stayed at, you could eat at either.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:09 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

GFO wrote:
Didn't both hotels used to advertise all inclusive meals could be transfered between hotels? Such that it did not matter which hotel you stayed at, you could eat at either.

Yes, in fact, it is still advertised on their web site, which still references the "expected" opening if the Castillo.
https://hotelamistad.com/

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:11 pm 

Too bad Covid phucked up my little Haven in the Gulch! If Matt and Darren aren't running the restaurant I don't have high hopes for a great Customer Service Experience. Oh well, maybe Castillo my next time.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:21 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

One thing I liked about Castillo and Amistad was the quietness and reasonable prices. Now with women on prem, I don't think it will be a quite place to stay.
And the room price for Castillo simply means go to other hotels in San Jose or still better to Medellin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:17 am 

nosejelly wrote:
Too bad Covid phucked up my little Haven in the Gulch! If Matt and Darren aren't running the restaurant I don't have high hopes for a great Customer Service Experience. Oh well, maybe Castillo my next time.

I am amazed LaAmistad, Castillo, and Sportsmens are even still in business after this long in these business conditions and in this country. Each owner has been able to retain as much of their old staff as possible. I have very high hopes for the Greatest Customer Service Experience possible.

But TEHO, JelliedNose. I would encourage you to try El Hotel Abajo del Puente on your next trip. Not only is THEIR customer experience 100% back to pre-COVID levels, your runny shoes will be extra handy once the sun goes down. That's El Hotel Abajo del Puente, "We'll shoot a street light out for you".

Last edited by Boynton on Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:22 am 

Bookie wrote:
What's "all inclusive" mean?

duh!!! all the pu*sy u can Phuck is included 8)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:31 am 

nosejelly wrote:

Kimberly from Little Havana is running it so you will have great customer service and tasty food too. She has had a Chinese restaurant going for a while now La Ventana de Kim that has very good Chinese food even by American standards. I am looking forward to my friends staying at La Amistad in January and meeting them there for dinner.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:42 pm 

Boynton wrote:
nosejelly wrote:

I am amazed LaAmistad, Castillo, and Sportsmens are even still in business after this long in these business conditions and in this country. Each owner has been able to retain as much of their old staff as possible. I have very high hopes for the Greatest Customer Service Experience possible.

But TEHO, JelliedNose. I would encourage you to try El Hotel Abajo del Puente on your next trip. Not only is THEIR customer experience 100% back to pre-COVID levels, your runny shoes will be extra handy once the sun goes down. That's El Hotel Abajo del Puente, "We'll shoot a street light out for you".

Hotel del Puente doesn't supply enough clean towels and their mattresses are lumpy, some would say downright rocky! But if I tell them Boynton sent me I'm sure I'll get an upgraded suite!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:54 pm 

Ilv4play wrote:
nosejelly wrote:

Kimberly from Little Havana is running it so you will have great customer service and tasty food too. She has had a Chinese restaurant going for a while now La Ventana de Kim that has very good Chinese food even by American standards. I am looking forward to my friends staying at La Amistad in January and meeting them there for dinner.

That's good to know. I only know her from HLH bartending days. That place is not a hotbed of Customer Service!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:27 am 

nosejelly wrote:
Hotel del Puente doesn't supply enough clean towels and their mattresses are lumpy, some would say downright rocky! But if I tell them Boynton sent me I'm sure I'll get an upgraded suite!

Where the Intercontinental offers a "turn down service", Abajo del Puente offers a "fold out service". Don't forget to show your CRT Vip card when registering.
https://imgur.com/a/vguUeKu

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next