www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Armistad & Castillo
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:00 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

One thing I liked about Castillo and Amistad was the quietness and reasonable prices. Now with women on prem, I don't think it will be a quite place to stay.
And the room price for Castillo simply means go to other hotels in San Jose or still better to Medellin

I just got back from Castillo and with the women it was still mellow and the vibe was was better than the Sportsmen and especially Taormina. The Taormina and SL were all over you about wearing masks and taking temps. Never wore one once at Castillo. Expensive? With the drink and food? Food which you could eat all day and we stayed at bar most nights as long as we wanted. Great place. Reasonable and some cute girls. Brought my own bottle to the bar and shared with my chica of choice and cost me nada.
So to make the comments you made not knowing the truth is wrong. If the price is to high by all means go elsewhere. More for me. I would say before you go to other hotels check the restrictions but for my money Castillo. Danny/Ruthie/Marta....hell I had my vape pen and smoked at the bar. No one said boo. At Taormina they all got bent out of shape and threatened to take my chica.....

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:47 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Boynton wrote:
nosejelly wrote:
Hotel del Puente doesn't supply enough clean towels and their mattresses are lumpy, some would say downright rocky! But if I tell them Boynton sent me I'm sure I'll get an upgraded suite!

Where the Intercontinental offers a "turn down service", Abajo del Puente offers a "fold out service". Don't forget to show your CRT Vip card when registering.
https://imgur.com/a/vguUeKu

All that and a 10% CRT discount!? WoW! :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:40 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Ilv4play wrote:
nosejelly wrote:
Too bad Covid phucked up my little Haven in the Gulch! If Matt and Darren aren't running the restaurant I don't have high hopes for a great Customer Service Experience. Oh well, maybe Castillo my next time.

Kimberly from Little Havana is running it so you will have great customer service and tasty food too. She has had a Chinese restaurant going for a while now La Ventana de Kim that has very good Chinese food even by American standards. I am looking forward to my friends staying at La Amistad in January and meeting them there for dinner.

Kimberly is so beautiful that it's nice to go there. But it would be great if they could post the new all- inclusive menu there, the old menu at La Amistad is out of date.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:47 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

RockinRob1 wrote:
One thing I liked about Castillo and Amistad was the quietness and reasonable prices. Now with women on prem, I don't think it will be a quite place to stay.
And the room price for Castillo simply means go to other hotels in San Jose or still better to Medellin

I just got back from Castillo and with the women it was still mellow and the vibe was was better than the Sportsmen and especially Taormina. The Taormina and SL were all over you about wearing masks and taking temps. Never wore one once at Castillo. Expensive? With the drink and food? Food which you could eat all day and we stayed at bar most nights as long as we wanted. Great place. Reasonable and some cute girls. Brought my own bottle to the bar and shared with my chica of choice and cost me nada.
So to make the comments you made not knowing the truth is wrong. If the price is to high by all means go elsewhere. More for me. I would say before you go to other hotels check the restrictions but for my money Castillo. Danny/Ruthie/Marta....hell I had my vape pen and smoked at the bar. No one said boo. At Taormina they all got bent out of shape and threatened to take my chica.....

At the Taormina, did the "tough guy" security guards surround you at the bar while you were vaping? Lol
That hotel is shit, and their bar is nasty and ghetto style.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:04 am 

No but they were all over the crowd for congregating and dancing. It was a strange place and despite the new modern rooms it was just not my type of place. There were a good amount of girls but few 9-10's. I did meet one there and we went back to Castillo and partied. She was really hot and it was a great time in the ol' penthouse that night. Now it is back to the reality that is my USA life but I will be back in April. Word on the street it HDR is opening in December and will be like before....please monger Gods make this happen because otherwise it is Jaco for the full week going forward.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:35 am 

RockinRob1 wrote:
No but they were all over the crowd for congregating and dancing. It was a strange place and despite the new modern rooms it was just not my type of place. There were a good amount of girls but few 9-10's. I did meet one there and we went back to Castillo and partied. She was really hot and it was a great time in the ol' penthouse that night. Now it is back to the reality that is my USA life but I will be back in April. Word on the street it HDR is opening in December and will be like before....please monger Gods make this happen because otherwise it is Jaco for the full week going forward.

Old news
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=52660#p594041

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:17 pm 

You say 'old news' but I heard it firsthand from folks two days ago. No one was date specific but when you hear enough people taking about it then you start to think there is some validity. The ownership is Taormina so not sure they would have one brother type hotel and not do the same to HDR. Without HDR the best talent even during the week is Jaco.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:00 pm 

RockinRob1 wrote:
You say 'old news' but I heard it firsthand from folks two days ago. No one was date specific but when you hear enough people taking about it then you start to think there is some validity. The ownership is Taormina so not sure they would have one brother type hotel and not do the same to HDR. Without HDR the best talent even during the week is Jaco.

The links to the Hotel del Rey on TripAdvisor and Google funnel to the domain avenidadelrey was created in Feb 2020 and last updated in Feb 2021. The old domain delreyhotel is also active and responding to pings. The old nameservers NS1 snd NS2 are still registered at ENOM.com (a domain reseller) but avenidadelrey is with godaddy. There is absolutely no content to advertise or book a room, no activity except for a couple of guys sometimes sitting in the old lobby. The building has been sitting idle for 2 years, no AC, Electrical, or Plumbing maintenance. December is 25 days away and we are approaching national elections in February. But hey, it could happen, you know how fast things can happen in Costa Rica. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PS: Word on the sam streets is that La Fortuna will be hosting the Olympic Winter Games in 2030. (If enough people start talking about it, it might come true.)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:57 pm 

"If you will it, Dude, it is no dream"-Walter Sobchak

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:27 pm 

Boynton wrote:
RockinRob1 wrote:

The links to the Hotel del Rey on TripAdvisor and Google funnel to the domain avenidadelrey was created in Feb 2020 and last updated in Feb 2021. The old domain delreyhotel is also active and responding to pings. The old nameservers NS1 snd NS2 are still registered at ENOM.com (a domain reseller) but avenidadelrey is with godaddy. There is absolutely no content to advertise or book a room, no activity except for a couple of guys sometimes sitting in the old lobby. The building has been sitting idle for 2 years, no AC, Electrical, or Plumbing maintenance. December is 25 days away and we are approaching national elections in February. But hey, it could happen, you know how fast things can happen in Costa Rica. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PS: Word on the sam streets is that La Fortuna will be hosting the Olympic Winter Games in 2030. (If enough people start talking about it, it might come true.)

No snow in La Fortuna. Not very likely.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:03 pm 

Jawanker wrote:
"If you will it, Dude, it is no dream"-Walter Sobchak

Marisa Tomei, Marisa Tomei, Marisa Tomei ...... damn, it didn't work.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:46 am 

You say it is impossible that it will re-open but I got it from a reliable source. My cousin knows a guy whose girlfriend heard it from her brothers wife, who heard it from his best friend who heard it from a fishing buddy that knows a guy that heard it from one of the girls at the Sportsmen's Lodge. I mean if you can't trust intel like this who can you trust?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:27 am 

RockinRob1 wrote:
You say it is impossible that it will re-open but I got it from a reliable source. My cousin knows a guy whose girlfriend heard it from her brothers wife, who heard it from his best friend who heard it from a fishing buddy that knows a guy that heard it from one of the girls at the Sportsmen's Lodge. I mean if you can't trust intel like this who can you trust?

I only trust your brother the plumber.

FYI - I think any such rumors are either 1. Alcohol/Drug induced ramblings of someone trying to gin up a free drink. or 2. Part of an attempt to forestall government seizure of assets and attract additional capital by floating a business plan doomed to fail. BTW, latest word on the street is that Britney Spears got an academic scholarship to USC.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:36 pm 

Boynton wrote:
RockinRob1 wrote:

I only trust your brother the plumber.

FYI - I think any such rumors are either 1. Alcohol/Drug induced ramblings of someone trying to gin up a free drink. or 2. Part of an attempt to forestall government seizure of assets and attract additional capital by floating a business plan doomed to fail. BTW, latest word on the street is that Britney Spears got an academic scholarship to USC.

No, I heard it was Jessica Simpson.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:52 pm 

Another speculation on what is really happening with the HDR .... the banks can't afford to foreclose. If the execute the seizure, they have to encumber their reserves. Really bad news, especially bad with the dollar exchange rate about to explode. More inferred from the article, rather than explicitly stated.

https://qcostarica.com/banks-fill-up-wi ... bad-loans/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next