www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:09 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Hi,
For anyone who has recently been or is currently staying at the SL, how is it? what are the rules/restrictions? Do you have to wear masks (not for/against just asking)? How many girls have been coming there? What time does the bar close? Is there still a curfew for chicas to be home? Are Ubers-taxis running? Are some other restaurants open in the gulch to grab a bite? Etc. Basically, do you think it’s worth coming now or waiting til Jan/Feb 2021? Whatever info anyone has is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:44 am 

Great question.. I too am interested in knowing.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:23 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

i went to SL yesterday. Mask needed upon entering, and they will take your temp and sanitize your hands. The back bar is closed, and some tables are marked off, but the vibe is the same. Plenty of girls, and this was Wednesday mid afternoon.
There were a few really nice ones, but, of course, they were occupied. I'd advise to get on a plane and come on down. Don't forget about the Thanksgiving Dinner, it's a hoot!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:02 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Was at SL last night and lost my CRT virginity! had a great time with Genesis. I probably overpaid a few bucks but she was super happy and treated me like I was her lover. She just made me feel great. I can tell the attitude of the girls is awesome - they are there to please. I'm pretty picky - and I saw several women I would want to get to know better. I'm heading to Cocal tonight!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:10 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Very Nice erlich_bachman :D I have no doubt Genesis very much appreciated it as well and you will hear higher prices usually in Jaco so don't be shy on trying to negotiate a little with the girls IMO most expect it. Appreciate an on ground report on Cocal too Happy Hunting

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:45 pm 

Ok maybe a silly question, I never stayed at the Sportsmans, been there many times passing through. When the bar closes, does that mean for the public or for the guests too? If you are a guest can you sit at a table or the lobby when the bar closes or does everyone have to go back to their rooms? I’m not sure how it works, especially with the curfew and you couldn’t head out to the Del Rey since it’s closed, for example.
Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:51 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I’ve been here for 4 days. Plenty of nice ones here.
SL is only allowing 10 Ticas in at a time and they limit how long they can stay, to allow for turn over. If you are staying here, just walk outside and you will find new ones waiting to get in, pick one and bring her in. She will have to sign in but SL will let them in.
This has worked great for me.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:54 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Do the damp ones charge less?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:23 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Joe33330 appreciate the informative feedback and details of how things are working with the Covid precautions in place at The SL

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:55 am 

And major kudos to the owner and staff of the Sportsmens for finding ways to adapt and serve clientele with lodging, restaurant, and a comfortable and safe place to gather and watch sports with like-minded gentlemen.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:25 pm 

Boynton wrote:
Do the damp ones charge less?

I prefer to refer to them as “moist and willing.”

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:50 pm 

bfpsu12 wrote:
Ok maybe a silly question, I never stayed at the Sportsmans, been there many times passing through. When the bar closes, does that mean for the public or for the guests too? If you are a guest can you sit at a table or the lobby when the bar closes or does everyone have to go back to their rooms? I’m not sure how it works, especially with the curfew and you couldn’t head out to the Del Rey since it’s closed, for example.
Thanks

I doubt it has changed due to covid, but in the past when the bar closes, it closes for everyone. As a hotel guest you can stay at a table longer to finish your drink or stay longer, but they shut the lights off and no one else will be around except you and your crew. I have stayed at a table with some gents just drinking and shooting the shit way past closure and staff is all gone except security. We stayed by the back bar to not disturb any of the rooms (though had no idea if anyone was in any of them).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:24 pm 

NYr wrote:
bfpsu12 wrote:
Thanks

I doubt it has changed due to covid, but in the past when the bar closes, it closes for everyone. As a hotel guest you can stay at a table longer to finish your drink or stay longer, but they shut the lights off and no one else will be around except you and your crew. I have stayed at a table with some gents just drinking and shooting the shit way past closure and staff is all gone except security. We stayed by the back bar to not disturb any of the rooms (though had no idea if anyone was in any of them).

ok, thanks for the info...I appreciate it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:41 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Just returned from a week at SL. They are trying within the regulations to do their best. Differences:
* Masked required everywhere in hotel except your room and when at a table eating or drinking
* No sitting at the bar
* Some tables blocked off to maintain 6 ft distance
* Curfew closes the bar early. Even earlier on weekend
* Pool table pushed in the corner
* Carol’s last day was last Friday
* Much of the usual crowd watching football on the weekend
* Bar service can be just as indifferent as before the pandemic
* No option to go down to the HDR as a change of pace
* Plenty of hot girls including many new ones
* Only ten allowed in at a time
* I also went outside, checked the line, and brought one in
* Once in the room, nothing has changed. As always, it depends on how well you picked
* I had girls stay past curfew. They can get home if they use a marked taxi

Overall there were some minor annoyances due to regulations. But I had one of my best trips ever. I rebooked and I am returning in three weeks!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:33 pm 

bulldog10 wrote:
Just returned from a week at SL. They are trying within the regulations to do their best. Differences:
* Masked required everywhere in hotel except your room and when at a table eating or drinking
* No sitting at the bar
* Some tables blocked off to maintain 6 ft distance
* Curfew closes the bar early. Even earlier on weekend
* Pool table pushed in the corner
* Carol’s last day was last Friday
* Much of the usual crowd watching football on the weekend
* Bar service can be just as indifferent as before the pandemic
* No option to go down to the HDR as a change of pace
* Plenty of hot girls including many new ones
* Only ten allowed in at a time
* I also went outside, checked the line, and brought one in
* Once in the room, nothing has changed. As always, it depends on how well you picked
* I had girls stay past curfew. They can get home if they use a marked taxi

Overall there were some minor annoyances due to regulations. But I had one of my best trips ever. I rebooked and I am returning in three weeks!

What time is the curfew?
Good info....thx