www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:07 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Don't use AA's pre-flight testing. The entire experience turned out very badly for me. Would not recommend at all.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:38 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

I was considering using the AA testing at DFW. Was worried what would happen if it was positive. Definitely not getting on the plane to CR. Don’t think they are letting you get on a plane back to your original city either.

What went wrong with your testing?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:59 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

jonny99 wrote:
The 'Non Bearded' varieties typically make for a more 'camera happy/photogenic' smile for the following days.. months and (in extreme cases), also the coming years! Happy Clam Digging to you all!!

I myself, like a nice bush. Rare in Costa Rica (at least among the working girls). I'm an 80's K*D, so nice, big, trimmed bush is what I grew up seeing, and still my preference.

Not that a baby bird smooth crotch is a deal breaker, but I like women to look like grown women down there.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:44 pm 

bulldog10 wrote:
I was considering using the AA testing at DFW. Was worried what would happen if it was positive. Definitely not getting on the plane to CR. Don’t think they are letting you get on a plane back to your original city either.

What went wrong with your testing?

I didn't get tested. First, I tried their at-home kit. Sent the sample back and the company (LetsGetChecked) lost the sample. Found out about it Sunday, which was too late to get a test in Austin. So I asked AA to re-route me through DFW where I could get the on-site testing. But when I went to the on-site facility, they told me they didn't perform the proper tests for Costa Rica so, too bad, so sad, no test. Even though AA advertised that they had a system for on-site testing for DFW travelers to CR, they don't really have tests for CR.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:40 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Location: Sex Felony State (most other places p4p is just another day!)
Yeah I just sticking to TJ next week and MTY for the foreseeable future for longer weekend trips.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:19 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

the Test CR want is not the rapid test; If anyone is saying you can get results in less than a few hours, that is the wrong test. And the few hours is with you expediting and probably paying a premium for it.

My understanding, if everything goes smoothly you can get the results in 24 to 48 hours; and I don't know for sure, but my guess is that is during the week and not taking into consideration weekends where I would guess labs are not at full capacity staff wise.

I booked my flight for December on a Thursday; hoping that by then they change the policies to make things easier and if not, I can get the tests done smoothly....but then at that time they could be overwhelmed with testing of those showing symptoms.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:54 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

I want to thank catbert for the info on AA testing. Possibly saved me from a big mistake thinking I could get it done at DFW. AA definitely posted wrong info on the test labeling it sufficient for CR entry.

I have flight reservation for the first week of November. Getting the 72 hour result is my biggest hurdle. From what I have found only COVID Consultants promises 24 hour results AFTER receiving the sample (overnight FedEx). That should fit in the time window, but expensive at $219.

My county does free PCR testing with a posted timeline of 5-7 days. I used it last month and got results by email in about 27 hours. Wish I had the confidence to count on a repeat of that fast turnaround.

I’m guessing I’ll hedge my bets, get the expensive test, but also go to the county at no additional cost and hope one gets back in a timely manner.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:23 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Seems like a lot of hurdles and misinformation on American Airlines on the testing at DFW and most tests I'm reading cost $100-200 to get the faster that result and a test the CR Govt will even accept and then another $11 a day to get Insurance. Come Nov. 1 lets hope they change some of these policies to enter the country.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:30 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

I am reasonably confident I can make it to CR. My AA flight from DFW lands after midnight. Slightly concerned about immigration staffing levels at that hour with all the increased documents to process. I used to get angry at long lines and delays. I guess I accept what it is and have a beer at SL when I finally get there, just happy to be in CR!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:02 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

CVS has the PCR Covid test. Their website says 48hrs or less results. The one where I live in Michigan says it free to anyone with proof of a Health Insurance Plan. The Farmacia says needing it for travel is a legit reason for coverage.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:00 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

RicoGuapo wrote:
Costa Rica is opening up to the world on November 1:

https://ticotimes.net/2020/10/16/costa- ... november-1

I also heard it rumored that they are considering lifting the insurance requirements and covid testing requirements.

Before it was rumored (October 18 when quote above was posted). Now it's official that the corona virus test requirement will be eliminated. The insurance requirement hasn't yet been lifted, but is still rumored to be lifted soon:

https://ticotimes.net/2020/10/22/costa- ... r-tourists

------------------------------------------------------------------

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:43 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Yesterday a female representative in the CR legislature supported a move to allow offshore trawling, bringing jobs to Puntarenas province (Jaco). Her rationale? "There is no prostitution anymore because there is no tourism”
https://qcostarica.com/legislator-there ... o-tourism/

The pandemic policy is in the hands of the Tourism Board, and fiscal policy is decided by bomb throwing street thugs and narco-traffickers.

And in non-COVID happenings, Watch out for the guaro, it is methanol spiked again this year, over 20 dead so far.

Can't make this shit up folks, but it does make for must-see-TV

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:30 pm 

For anyone traveling next week, be aware that timatic hasn't been updated and still says a negative PCR test is required. Timatic is the system airlines use to verify required travel documents. If timatic isn't updated by Monday morning, there's a good chance travelers without test results are not going to be allowed to travel.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:13 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Can anyone verify the amount of insurance needed? I thought that I read it was $50,000 coverage, but I just got a policy from Sagicor that is only $20,000 and they said that it meets the requirements for entry into Costa Rica.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:22 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

The answer is in the FAQ section of the Sagicor web site. Different limits are required for the CR based approved Insurance and Foreign policies. Sagicor or INS only need to be $20,000. Foreign policies need to be $50,000.
https://tiendasagicor.com/en/pages/faqs

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next