www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 9:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:01 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

I got a new unlocked phone for my trips and I want to register Whatsapp on it but I don't have a number since the phone is not connected. How can I register it? I already have Whatsapp on my regular phone so I can't use that number.

Any help would be appreciated.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:01 pm 

Get a CR SIM and register with that number.

You'll have to copy over contacts.

Any opinion or observation in the post above is purely presented for entertainment purposes and does not promote "sexual tourism" or "human trafficking". The laws of Costa Rica apply to all activities in Costa Rica. No warranty is expressed or implied. Void where prohibited by law. Your experience, observations or perspective may be different.

In exile in pu*sy prison

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:12 pm 

MM3 wrote:
Get a CR SIM and register with that number.

You'll have to copy over contacts.

Is there an easier way than traveling to Costa Rica to buy a SIM card?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:53 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

I think can get a number through google voice or one of those pay as you go phones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:17 pm 

Orange wrote:
I got a new unlocked phone for my trips and I want to register Whatsapp on it but I don't have a number since the phone is not connected. How can I register it? I already have Whatsapp on my regular phone so I can't use that number.

This simple procedure might help - involves using Whatsapp Web on the 2nd phone:
http://messagingapplab.com/news/how-to- ... -time/839/

It doesn't let you register for a 2nd account, but it's a way of using your same WhatsApp account on both your phones without having to register the 2nd one.

mh

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:29 pm 

Unless their policies have changed recently, you can only have Whatsapp on one phone. For your second phone, you will have to create a new Whatsapp ID and have a different phone number. The only requirement to put it on your phone is to have the capability to receive a text message, one time. You can buy a sim card from one of those pay as you go carriers. After you receive the text message, which is a code to install the app, you can remove the sim card.

Looking at the procedure in Miamiheller's post, it says you have to have Whatsapp installed on both devices before you start. As I remember, the code is required to install the app. It has been a while since I installed it, so I may be wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:46 pm 

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I want to install a new account (NOT TIED TO MY HOME CELL PHONE) on the travel cell. But I don't have a sim with an active number to register.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:00 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Connect to home WiFi with new phone download burner app. https://www.burnerapp.com/ or download from app store on phone. Down load what's app on new phone use burner number to register what's app number. I use this process to track calls for marketing campaign and never had an issue. Burner number only last a few day but what's app should continue to work. Transfer contacts.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:36 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Orange wrote:

I have the "textnow" app. It gives you a phone number, free text and voip calls to the US and Canada.

http://www.techbout.com/whatsapp-withou ... -sim-5365/

https://www.textnow.com/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:10 am 

Attila wrote:
I have the "textnow" app. It gives you a phone number, free text and voip calls to the US and Canada.

http://www.techbout.com/whatsapp-withou ... -sim-5365/

https://www.textnow.com/
This no longer works. An error said "this is not a valid mobile number in the US" is displayed.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:11 am 

I figured it out.

I used a app called Primo Connect to get a virtual number and used that. It doesn't have text so I had them call me and got the activation code.

This was my 3rd attempt. I first tried apps called Textnow and Textfree, but they failed. An error said "this is not a valid mobile number in the US". They do not allow virtual/VoIP numbers anymore. But somehow, this Primp app number was accepted.

Thanks all for your help.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:54 pm 

Sadie Hamphrey wrote:
Whatsapp for cheating? Communication is a vital component of any relationship. It’s the lifeblood. If you don’t talk, you don’t have anything. When there are problems in a relationship, they usually stem from a case of miscommunication. The good news is that in spite of your differences, communication is one area where you can always improve.

Great communication through a cell phone translator... that doesn't work for you sadie?