www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:11 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

LAdiablo wrote:
or he could have just avoided the situation altogether

How? By not being in Jaco? Or not being at LeLoft? Or not being with a chica?

According to the story, he was only trying to get into a cab with a chica. Supposedly they refused to buy drugs. It is possible that the chica insulted the dealer, but the fight broke out over the chica. Whether the dealer was trying to take her away from the victim, or trying to attack her for some reason, all we know is that the victim entered the fray on the chicas side, and was killed. If it occurred inside the cab, he probably couldn't have avoided it at all. If on the street, he could have walked away, but who knows what was really going on between the dealer and the chica.

I think this was a case of having a situation thrust upon you. There was no avoiding it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:31 am 

Which bar were they at? Le loft, Monkey bar, Orange bar After the Cocal closes I went to LeLoft and Orange pub just to see what it was like. A lot of Ticos in basketball jerseys hangin out and this ole white gringo felt out of place and went back to hotel. I believe 1am is time for the gringos to head back to the security of their hotel, condo etc. in Jaco

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:48 am 

I have been to orange pub a few times. Mix of locals tourists never had a problem but there are drug deals going on in men's room. The fact that drugs are being dealt so openly could easily lead to problems when wrong personalities clash. As someone already posted this unfortunate incident could happen anywhere for any reason. I see it as no reason to panic just like many incidents at HDR over the years. I always see a good police presence in jaco when I'm there. I know the haters will continue to hate on both jaco and HDR but I doubt this incident will effect tourism of any kind.
Just my humble opinion.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:46 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Update murder in Jaco. Once again, only my opinion. Big brawl in streets last night after hours. Word is that business for the girls is real slow and this is making the tico boyfriends very uneasy, remember they prey upon the girlfriend. Tensions tight here.
I live her and I mentioned before that i have many numbers but i do on occasion frequent the Cocal. I like the newbies that are not tainted yet.
If i were a tourist here this is how i would operate.
1. Stay in Cocal dont venture out with chicas. If you go to Leloft, Mancave with your buddies do not pick up girls. Tempting i know but remember they have a tico boyfriend close by.
2. If other hotel or condo. Go to Cocal grab one and return to your place only. Do not take here to a club or dinner, once again boyfriend close by. I call this catch and release!!!

Many obvious dangers in picking a girl up late here at Le Loft, Mancave etc.. REmember by the late hours the girl has been with one or two guys already, plus the boyfriends usually want sex before she goes to work. They think this proves something to us gringos. Therefor, you will probably get a sorry lay!!
Do your business early guys and simply party with each other after, usually safe in groups. You will be very tempted at the bars for your second round but remember it is her third or so. Jaco is a great town during the day but under no circumstances should you be on these streets after 1:00 am.
Just my opinion guys !! Good luck y Pura Vida.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:47 am 

might as well just stay home lol

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:46 am 

LAdiablo wrote:

Agreed!!

Bennet, you paint a lousy picture of Jaco, and as much as I am sorry to say, I disagree with just about everything you suggest. I dislike Jaco personally, and I recognize that you live there and therefore have a clearer (or perhaps tainted) view of the place, but really, it sounds more like you are trying to convince us to never set foot on your home turf again. :shock: :mrgreen:

I do appreciate your point of view. I think that Jaco is in transition, and as the violence ramps up, so too will the police response, albeit a bit slower. Eventually Jaco will look like Avenida Central: wall to wall cop presence. Too much tourist money flows through there for either the local or national governments to ignore it. (And it ain't the monger tourist either).

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:50 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I like Jaco for reasons no one has touched upon. I stay at the Cocal and don't mind paying a little more for girls and room. There are a lot of dining options from Graffitti, Backstreet, Lemon Zest, Amancios, etc. I live in the northeast and enjoy the beach and the chicas so that is not something i can get in Tamorindo and I just get bored daytime in San Jose, yes the girls are cheaper , the rooms are cheaper. Matt has a great deal on food and drink but who wants to mostly eat at one place for their whole vacation.
Safety wise i always hail a cab from the front desk at the Cocal or the door guy at Crocs and would never get in gypsy cab. An 8 day vacation in Jaco might cost 50 pct more then a similar trip to San Jose but if you have good radar for spotting the shitty girls you can have plenty of fun. As far as LeLoft goes I went there once many years ago ordered a Stoli and it tasted like crap vodka so I stay out of there because I don't appreciate people that fill bottles with cheap liquor .

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:43 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

BashfulDwarf wrote:
LAdiablo wrote:

Agreed!!

Bennet, you paint a lousy picture of Jaco, and as much as I am sorry to say, I disagree with just about everything you suggest. I dislike Jaco personally, and I recognize that you live there and therefore have a clearer (or perhaps tainted) view of the place, but really, it sounds more like you are trying to convince us to never set foot on your home turf again. :shock: :mrgreen:

I do appreciate your point of view. I think that Jaco is in transition, and as the violence ramps up, so too will the police response, albeit a bit slower. Eventually Jaco will look like Avenida Central: wall to wall cop presence. Too much tourist money flows through there for either the local or national governments to ignore it. (And it ain't the monger tourist either).

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:46 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Sorry you feel that way but I am just trying to give helpful information and keep everyone safe!! Plenty of girls here to share y never felt as if i had to protect my turf per say. It is a great place if done correctly and safely. I prefer to pass along info that might be helpful vs. someone getting hurt.
Hopefully, things will get busy again and everyone can relax. Can we not all just get along? LOL

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:05 pm 

Bennett wrote:
Sorry you feel that way but I am just trying to give helpful information and keep everyone safe!! Plenty of girls here to share y never felt as if i had to protect my turf per say. It is a great place if done correctly and safely. I prefer to pass along info that might be helpful vs. someone getting hurt.
Hopefully, things will get busy again and everyone can relax. Can we not all just get along? LOL

Agree with your perspective...been to Jaco many times in the last twenty years, seen it change over that time. Staying at Cocal and /or close by hotels make sense, if your are there for the chicas. Red, official cab only after 10PM, anywhere.

Your advise is right on, if you don't want to chance it. For the dare devils...go at it and do it your way.

Have fun!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:45 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Loco Mike wrote:

Being the resident CRT blowhard it also easy for you to argue from a set of made up facts.....But you are the All Knowing Bashful Dwarf

Cut him some slack Loco. He lives for this.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:30 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I was in that shit hole town that week. different sources (cabbies n bitches )said he was at the club buying the club rounds of drinks, flashing cash . the puta is the drug dealer GF. she was on the gringo like a GF and drug dealer got jealous and comforted her outside. Dude intervene and got murdered, In addition the drug dealer was once a bouncer at that club. that's what I heard,

Problem with this town is that the criminals run this place, Police is only there only after the fact. No police presence.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:43 pm 

Jackietrehorn wrote:
Loco Mike wrote:

Being the resident CRT blowhard it also easy for you to argue from a set of made up facts.....But you are the All Knowing Bashful Dwarf

Cut him some slack Loco. He lives for this.

Aww ... thanks Jackie. Yer sweet too. kisses!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:48 pm 

Beach Frog wrote:
I was in that shit hole town that week. different sources (cabbies n bitches )said he was at the club buying the club rounds of drinks, flashing cash . the puta is the drug dealer GF. she was on the gringo like a GF and drug dealer got jealous and comforted her outside. Dude intervene and got murdered, In addition the drug dealer was once a bouncer at that club. that's what I heard,

Problem with this town is that the criminals run this place, Police is only there only after the fact. No police presence.

If all the above "facts" are known, the OIJ must have caught the murderer by now...have they?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:18 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

yes he was caught!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next