www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:16 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Heard a guy got whacked buying drugs yesterday. Anyone on the ground?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:31 am 

http://www.ticotimes.net/2016/09/28/us- ... costa-rica

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:57 am 

The story as told by his "friend" sounds like BS. IMO, he was probably trying to buy drugs and the dealer tried to rob him and they struggled and the dealer shot him.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:09 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

From what I read he was checking on his business when he was shot, what makes you think everything is BS.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:43 am 

MarkL54 wrote:
From what I read he was checking on his business when he was shot, what makes you think everything is BS.

Where did you read that? I've seen 3 accounts so far, and they all say he was exiting a club with a chica and was approached by a dealer, who then killed him.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:58 pm 

The first of the two OIJ reports released so far stated that he had reportedly been in the "disco" most of the night and was trying to buy drugs. I kind of figured the chica he hooked up with had call her "source" (read that as drug dealing BF) who showed up to sell the Gringo drugs and when the deal fell thru said BF was pissed and was not going to let the chica go with the guy since he was not buying the drugs. The OIJ report stated that the drug dealer tried to pull her out of the taxi and the Gringo tried to stop him from doing so at which time drug dealer pulled out a pistol and shot Gringo in the throat 2 times. Drug dealer then escaped on a motorcycle .

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:57 pm 

Sad, sad story...thinking about the two K*ds back home. Oh, and the wife who probably thought he was on a fishing trip...like all married guys tell their naive spouse when they go to Jaco :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:35 pm 

BangBang57 wrote:
The first of the two OIJ reports released so far stated that he had reportedly been in the "disco" most of the night and was trying to buy drugs. I kind of figured the chica he hooked up with had call her "source" (read that as drug dealing BF) who showed up to sell the Gringo drugs and when the deal fell thru said BF was pissed and was not going to let the chica go with the guy since he was not buying the drugs. The OIJ report stated that the drug dealer tried to pull her out of the taxi and the Gringo tried to stop him from doing so at which time drug dealer pulled out a pistol and shot Gringo in the throat 2 times. Drug dealer then escaped on a motorcycle .

Did the chica stay behind to talk to the police, or did she hightail it out of there too?

A buddy of mine has been saying that there has been many reports of chica 'gangs' extorting and harrassing other chicas working in Jaco. A couple of killings have occurred. Seems to be an organized thing.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:43 pm 

Shark has been jumped. Jaco is dead. Jaco sucks club now accepting membership applications.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No tourist or travel promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided compensation (monetary or otherwise) for this potentially entertaining contribution.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:32 pm 

BashfulDwarf wrote:
Did the chica stay behind to talk to the police, or did she hightail it out of there too?

A buddy of mine has been saying that there has been many reports of chica 'gangs' extorting and harrassing other chicas working in Jaco. A couple of killings have occurred. Seems to be an organized thing.

Neither OIJ report made it clear as to whether she was still present when the police got there or if all their info had come from the taxista. But it did sound like they had talked to her except they did not have a name and they stated "she may have been Colombiana". Not having a name nor nationality would imply they had not actually talked to her.

As for the "chica gangs", it is widely known (accepted to be fact) that there is a real problem with the chicas in Jaco. Seems to be 3 (at least) distinct groups all trying to protect "their" territory against the other chicas--Ticas, Nicas, and Colombianas. AND within all three there seems to be a concerted effort to keep any new chicas out of Jaco. I personally know at least 6-7 chicas who have worked the gulch for years that went to Jaco to try it out. All now say they will never go back; that it is just too dangerous. As BD stated, there have been at least 2 (I think, 3) chicas murdered, several have been cut (one will never work again because 3 other chicas butchered her face), several clients have been robbed, and a lot of chicas have been threatened with violence if they try to work in Jaco.

Funny how the chicas ALWAYS SEEM TO FIND A WAY TO SCREW UP A GOOD THING !!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:46 pm 

damn.. a family and divorce lawyer too...

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 5256385526

John Lonergan Law Ltd.
August 25 ·
Effective immediately, the firm is expanding our practice areas to include family law, divorce, custody, Ch*ld support and adoption. As always, consultations are free.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:37 pm 

Col Ingus wrote:

John Lonergan Law Ltd.
August 25 ·
Effective immediately, the firm is expanding our practice areas to include family law, divorce, custody, Ch*ld support and adoption. As always, consultations are free.

That's in Illinois.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:18 pm 

There are some similarities to someone I know on this forum, and I hope it is not him. Nothing posted on either of his or the wifes facebook pages but I am not friends with them on FB for obvious reasons, so I cannot read the latest posts. There are more than 5 things in common in the article with the person I am thinking of.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:33 pm 

Ilv4play wrote:
There are some similarities to someone I know on this forum, and I hope it is not him. Nothing posted on either of his or the wifes facebook pages but I am not friends with them on FB for obvious reasons, so I cannot read the latest posts. There are more than 5 things in common in the article with the person I am thinking of.

Ilv4play, if you haven't done so already go to the Tico Times link that Bashful posted in the 2nd post on this thread. Scroll down to comments where his sister has posted much more personal info. Just below her post is a post by his good friend who says he was with him when he died in the clinic. Might help you to determine if it is your friend. Also according to the OIJ his middle name was Joseph.

As is always the case there seems to be 2 sides to the story. The info I have posted came from the OIJ reports. His sister and friend present a much different story. Seems he was married to a Tica, has a 2 (3?) year old and an older daughter (presumably from a previous marriage). He was 38, owned a business here, and was a citizen of Costa Rica thou he lived in the States. According to them he would not have been looking to buy drugs (was very much anti-drugs) but was approached by the dealer with an offer to sell him drugs.

Hopefully with time all the facts will come out!! No matter what those facts are, I feel sorry for his family.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:52 pm 

BashfulDwarf wrote:
Col Ingus wrote:

John Lonergan Law Ltd.
August 25 ·

That's in Illinois.

i stand corrected

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next