www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: LOG IN glitches
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:33 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Ok....what's going on? I've have my settings such that I did NOT have to continually log into the forums. However, now, for the past week, I've had to input user name and password to get in.

So much easier to have it set to "auto log in" such that I don't have to keep entering steven1 and then my password.

What's up, please?

"Actual happiness always looks pretty squalid in comparison with the over-compensations for misery. And, of course, stability isn't nearly so spectacular as instability. And being contented has none of the glamour of a good fight against misfortune, none of the picturesqueness of a struggle with temptation, or a fatal overthrow by passion or doubt. Happiness is never grand."
- Aldous Huxley, Brave New World, Ch. 16

Post subject: Re: LOG IN glitches
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:33 am 

This has been brought to the attention of the admins of this site through personal email etc. from multiple members and nothing gets done. Its truly annoying to have to re enter your info every time you move from one thread to another or post.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:08 am 

Surely wonderboy Bashful can get the job done? :P

LAdiablo wrote:
This has been brought to the attention of the admins of this site through personal email etc. from multiple members and nothing gets done. Its truly annoying to have to re enter your info every time you move from one thread to another or post.

"Actual happiness always looks pretty squalid in comparison with the over-compensations for misery. And, of course, stability isn't nearly so spectacular as instability. And being contented has none of the glamour of a good fight against misfortune, none of the picturesqueness of a struggle with temptation, or a fatal overthrow by passion or doubt. Happiness is never grand."
- Aldous Huxley, Brave New World, Ch. 16

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:05 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Everytime I change pages I am prompted to log on again...this has been happening for awhile. Am I the only one this happens to? Anybody know how to fix it?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:20 pm 

Try to see if this helps... When you log in, check the box that says: Log me on automatically each visit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:21 pm 

Gentlemen,

This has just started happening to me too. I talked personally to one of the Admins, he told me they have been working on this for a while and it is almost resolved. This was this afternoon. 03/31/15

This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No "Sex tourism or travel" promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided any compensation for this hopefully entertaining contribution. Any posts regarding any event or hotel item are just my humble opinions only.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:51 pm 

I think this is the third or fourth thread started on the subject.
Would be awesome if there was at least an acknowledgement of the problem existing by an admin and addressing the fact it was being worked on to the board.
I know everyone is busy but I'm assuming anyone working on the issue is on a computer.
Glad to hear its almost eradicated because its really annoying.
Just happened again trying to post. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:04 pm 
Site Admin

The hosting company reports that they believe that login-in glitch to have been resolved. Is anyone still having the problem?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:26 pm 

Still happening

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:17 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Here's the error code that I get. I shared this with Admin3 and all I got was "Not my job man." and I shared it with The Admin a while back and so far, I've received no response. :roll: :roll:

A secure connection cannot be established because this site uses an unsupported protocol.
Error code: ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

Sounds like TrueSportsman may need to get some decent website guys employed to manage this simple website. The ones he has are either incompetent or they are playing him and it's becoming very obvious they have a different agenda than operating a decent CRT website for the members. :evil: :twisted:

Is low self esteem a prerequisite for being a good Ho or is it a result? ;-)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:40 am 

Lennydo, I get that message when I try to log in to the home page. I sent a message about it to The Admin Tuesday evening, and he still hasn't opened the message. Today, I sent the message to Admin3. I'm waiting to see if I get a response.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:16 am 

Well, I must give credit to Admin3 for reading his messages. He responded that the problem is with Windows XP. May be, or may be not. I'll find out. "The Admin" still has not opened the message.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:19 am 
Site Admin

There actually appears to be two issues here.

1. In the forum, log-on automatically each visit box does not work.
2. On the main page, Windows XP Users with Chrome Receive Error Message ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

I understand that the hosting company has resolved the issue with the forum login. If anyone is still having that specific problem, then please let us know here in this thread.

The second problem with Windows XP occurs because of a software update in Chrome, which requires a similar update in the operating system.

Unfortunately Windows XP is classified as End of Life. Microsoft no longer provides free support or software updates for Windows XP. And, as of July of this year will no longer provide security updates via Security Essentials.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... pport-help

Not only is Windows XP dead software, very few people in the United States are still using it.

http://www.kaspersky.com/about/news/vir ... istics-Say

According to a systems analysis last year, less than 5 percent of people in the United States are using Windows XP. Basically, it's important to track because Windows XP users are going to present a kind of public security risk to the rest of the users on the Internet, once security updates are gone.

Sorry guys, but I don't it's reasonable to troubleshoot or provide any support for Windows XP users. It's obsolete software, and the manufacturer won't fix any problems unless you pay them by the hour. Also, very few people are still using it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:49 am 

Location: NFM--Geezers, cowpokes and the working poor--yeeha!
Good Post by Admin 3 but it invites the question: Why is Windows XP still being used? GM doesn't "support" Cadillacs built in '05--there comes a time when you have to move on and Windows 7 will be supported for some time to come. Also all this should have been anticipated by users--Microsquish gave plenty of notice. Let's get real--we're 14% into the 21st Century.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_XP

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:34 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Admin3.... When I google the error, there is no mention at all of Windows XP. Here is the essence of what they say and it appears to be a server issue on your end:

Example URL:
https://amr.maxis.com.my/amrweb/logon/logon

Steps to reproduce the problem:
1. Open latest chrome browser
2. Paste the above link and hit enter
3. Login page won't appear instead I get This webpage is not available error with A secure connection cannot be established because this site uses an unsupported protocol.

What is the expected behavior?
Login page should appear

What went wrong?
A secure connection cannot be established because this site uses an unsupported protocol.

TLS 1.0 isn't disabled, but that site seems to be speaking SSL 3.0.

I'm afraid this is working as intended. Chrome 40 disables SSL 3.0 in response to recent vulnerabilities. I believe Mozilla has done the same thing and Microsoft has announced that they will too. http://googleonlinesecurity.blogspot.co ... sl-30.html

The best solution would probably be to contact the people maintaining this site and ask them to upgrade their servers to enable a more modern version of TLS. (Getting a valid certificate would probably also be a good plan. :-) )

Is low self esteem a prerequisite for being a good Ho or is it a result? ;-)