www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 6:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Where the f*ck was I?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 3:00 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

About five years ago (2000?), I told a BM chica that I wanted to go to
an establishment that played rock & roll music. I had known the Tica for about a year, as well as her sister. They both had worked at the BM for many years. Their names are Cecilia and Lucy (Lucretia). Sad to say, Cecilia passed away from cancer about four years ago. Any monger who has been to CR at that time no doubt knows the chicas. Her daughter (Raquel (or Bridget?)) worked at the KL about four years ago. Anyway, Lucy took me to a club in the mountains in Escazu that I can't for the life of me remember the name of. Whoever can tell me the name of the club I'll buy several drinks for the next time I'm in CR. I'm thinking that Vegas Bob, Ding Dong or Mente should be able to correctly name the
establishment, as they reside in CR. All I remember about the place is as we traveled the main highway thru Escazu, we took a left, and the place was perhaps a mile or so from the main highway. The parking lot
was a mess...all dirt and a mess as it had been raining all day. The club had a fantastic view! The bar was quite long. The building was not
'fancy' at all. There was one Gringo guitar player there playing mostly CCR. I was expecting a four-piece band playing Stones, Zeppelin,
etc. The place was not fancy at all, it was a middle to lower-class club. As I said, the bar was quite long, and afforded a fantastic view of the 'valley'. Where the f*ck was I? Vegas Bob...you live in Escazu...you must know the place. What is the name of the club?

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile, and the rest of us are phucked until we can put our acts together; not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely"...Hunter S. Thompson (RIP)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:55 am 

Sorry Gringotim,I don't think I can help you with this one. I started coming to CR around the time you were there.(2000-2001) The directions you gave sound like the Paco section of Escazu which is right where I live. It sounds like you were somewhere near the Monestary restaurant. Your description sounds like a restaurant that I have eaten at called Vista Azul which has the beautiful view you spoke of.It also has a crappy parking lot.Perhaps that is it ,but they are now a restaurant instead of a club. Hope this helps somewhat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:57 am 

Gringotim,
Sorry wish I could help but until I moved here never spent anytime in Escazu. Have no idea.

alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.
Alex Levine